Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ameritron Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron Factory Service
Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Factory Service for Ameritron Amplifiers

You can write your own review of the Ameritron Factory Service.

VE7REN Rating: 2/5 Feb 3, 2012 10:42 Send this review to a friend
um.....uncertain  Time owned: more than 12 months
i ordered some amp parts last week from ameritron.. the guy on the other end of the phone sounded......well....deliverence style,no enthusiasm,pretty lazy sounding. i ordered 2 tube socks,2 bulbs,hex tool. the whole order was 25$. well i received the 2 tube sockets in a bubble wrap.with 13.69 shipping charge. a reciept showing my total parts list,but no tool,or bulbs. i emailed them, they said, ooohh, were sorry,we will send you the other parts. i replied saying they better not charge me shipping,and they said they wouldnt.

all in all, how in the hell can you only send half the order when it states on the bill in bold letters whats to be included in the package....geeesh. now i have to wait again... these guys dont seem to be to worried about customer service.

G3UXB Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2012 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not really a repair but I ordered a new input output board for my 811 they took my order on the 22nd and told me it would be 3-5 days as they have to build it from new, it was shipped on 24th and arrived on the west coast on the 26th, does not seem the same company as MFJ!

NU1O Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2011 09:55 Send this review to a friend
sb-1000  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called and spoke to Rob about a Heathkit SB-1000 that I bought and built from Heathkit 20 years ago. My Elecraft K3 was experiencing receive desensitizing and I was told by a Ham on the air it was likely the T/R relay. I was ready to buy a new one and although they were out of stock Rob talked me out of it and said to just try cleaning it first. Rob (Ameritron) could have just said, "Yep, that's your problem, better buy a new relay". He also could have said send it down for this, that and the other thing. Rob actually talked me out of buying an expensive part and he saved me a lot of money. As I stated in the beginning they did not even sell me the Amplifier yet they were very helpful.

N3MX Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2010 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Back in the beginning of October I had a problem with my AL-1200. After 7 years of reliable daily service, I had a flash and loud arc take my AL-1200 offline. I shipped it down to Ameritron for service and got a call from them with an estimate 2 days after they received it. Since it was down there I had them not only do the repairs but install the internal QSK module and replace the meter lamps. The charges were very reasonable and the communication was excellent and I got it back in time for CQWW SSB. Examining the AL-1200 when it came back showed excellent work and they replaced the old wheat bulbs with new long lasting white LED lamps. The new QSK module is fantastic and the AL-1200 is like brand new only better. Previously I had very good service from them over the phone as well. I would definitely recommend their service to anyone.

W5VK Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2010 19:38 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SERVICE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've called several times for help with Ameritron amps and had excellent assistance by phone. Recently I stopped by Ameritron and dropped off an amp for serious repair. They fixed it on schedule and it now works like new. They were very courteous and friendly at Ameritron. Nice to have American made products and good, local service.

N9SRA Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2010 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Al-82 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
My brother and I brought our amps in for repair,The tech staff were great,they let us watch our amps being repaired,then gave us a tour of the production line,later they called mfj& cushcraft and set up a tour over there too.While at MFJ we got to meet the president & founder of the company.My thanks to all at ameritron who made it happen. First class repair and service, And yes our amps are like new again!!

DRSTRANGENUT Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2009 18:55 Send this review to a friend
I Recommend it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Although my turn a round time was long due to internal errors, I was very pleased with the repair. The charges were very reasonable.

KB3RSB Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2009 08:30 Send this review to a friend
ameritron al572  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
bought a al572 used, had major problems! spoke to tech. rick helped trouble shoot over phone ,sent amp to ameritron with in one week had amp back repaired ! great company to deal with . customer support !!! thanks rick & ameritron

W8OC Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2009 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Fast Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Let me add my positive comments regarding Ameritron's service department. I experienced a problem with my ALS600 and after a helpful conversation with John on the phone, shipped it to them for repair. It arrived Wednesday morning, was repaired by noon, and on it's way back to me later that day. Wow! Talk about service!

K6FED Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2009 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Very Responsive  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Think their factory service is excellent. I had an issue with my AL-80B and after a few minutes on the phone we decided to send it back to the factory and it was back in the shack like new within two weeks. Great Job!