Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Battery Tender, Jr. Help

Reviews Summary for Battery Tender, Jr.
Battery Tender, Jr. Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30$
Description: Battery Tender Junior's lightweight, compact size makes it ideal for those hard-to-fit spots. The trickled charger with a brain will assure batteries are maintained after charging and ready to go!

Fully automatic two-stage lead-acid battery charger. Perfect for all lead-acid, sealed maintenance free and gel cell batteries.
After reaching peak 14.4 VDC, charger automatically switches to 13.2 VDC float voltage.
When voltage drops below 12.6 VDC, charger resumes charging back to 14.4 VDC.
Output 12 Vdc @ 750 mA
Leave connected indefinately.
Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger.
Spark proof
Reverse polarity protected
Safe secure, HOT CONNECT, polarized, color keyed, genderless connector system.
12 ft. output cord
5 year warranty.
Size: 3 5/16 X 2 5/16 X 1 7/8
More info: http://www.powerwerx.com/product.asp?ProdID=1959&CtgID=1896

You can write your own review of the Battery Tender, Jr..

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2009 17:55 Send this review to a friend
Impressive Charger!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My lovely ham-radio op wife, who almost never rides her Harley D anymore, if it weren't for the Battery Tender her battery would be DOA!! The Tender sits hooked to her battery for months thru the winter and finally get it out of the garage it starts almost from the first pop with full battery poop!!

Really impressive charger, especially fer the price.

Cheers All

RADIO_RANDY Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2009 14:18 Send this review to a friend
I'm buying more of them.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Battery Tender Jr chargers for several years. I started with one for the bike. Then, I got one for the quad. Now, I have one for the backup battery on my pellet stove and will be getting another for our trike.

Multi-stage charging is the only way to go with lead acid batteries. The unit is simple and reliable. The LED on the front of the charger lets you know everything is okay at a glance.

G0CGL Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2005 12:50 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and remarkably effective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is a UK version of this unit available over here. It is inexpensive to the point that I did wonder if it would do all it claimed. But yes - I use it on my deep cycle leisure batteries, including the AGM type, and it charges and maintains them in tip top condition. Very good indeed.

AB0RE Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2005 20:56 Send this review to a friend
Great for Gel Cells  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the Battery Tender JR for my gel cell batteries around the shack (7Ah & 2Ah mainly). It always does a good job getting the gel cells charged up and I like the fact the LED switches from red to green after charging is complete and the charger switches to float mode.

The Battery Tender Jr. can be picked up at any Batteries Plus store or for a few bucks cheaper online.

My Battery Tender Jr. stopped functioning correctly one day. I contacted the company and they told me to send it in for replacement. I explained I did not have the receipt and chances are it was out of the 5 year warranty period, but they said that was fine. In my mind, this is exceptional customer service!

I'm not sure what caused the first unit to fail - perhaps there was too much RF near it. Who knows? At any rate, it's an exceptional charger for all those gel cells sitting around the shack.

Dan / ab0re