Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-756PRO Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-756PRO
ICOM IC-756PRO Reviews: 145 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $3500
Description: ICOM IC-756Pro Transceiver
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/amateur/hf/#IC-756PRO

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-756PRO.

W6PMR Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 22:29 Send this review to a friend
Still Great !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned this radio now for over ten years and
I still love it. Perfect, no, but darn close!

VE3JSW Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2015 07:08 Send this review to a friend
VE3JSW  Time owned: more than 12 months
Another Icom at the top. This rig is buy far one should consider on their list. I have had nothing but excellent reports and satisfaction with all the features the pro offers
Would I buy another, you bet I would.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2014 20:00 Send this review to a friend
review # 2  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 756 PRO in Tokyo just after they were announced. I hand carried mine back in Business Class and it has been the best radio I have ever owned in 55 years as a ham. It took a lightning strike (as did all the other DISCONNECTED items in my home). It was an easy repair.
It just amuses me to read about the 'old school operators' that muse about not want wanting a TV or FISH FINDER on their radios (mostly old TT fans) but when the TT radios came out with a bandscope, it was now the 'best thing ever'. Such BS. I have several TTs and they feel just like using old Heathkit radios. JUNK!
I love my PRO and it can 'hear' as well as any other radio in my inventory of 150 radios and growing on a daily basis.

If you think you need a 'better' radio, get real......

ron
N4ue

26JLH Rating: 4/5 Dec 28, 2013 15:17 Send this review to a friend
good radio used  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
got this for 500 pounds of a mate of mine nice condition.
sounds a bit better than my yaesu ft450 the atu in the pro is as quite as a mouse reciever is quite to.
i have only had this set for 24 hrs and everyone likes the audio,pitty i can not here it myself.
looks complex radio but its as simple as hell
much more easy than the 450.
i like this radio but its a big heavy monster and not a radio for the traveler you need lots of bottle.
to carry this elephant or some big wheels .. jeff

KC8RTU Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2013 07:07 Send this review to a friend
All around nice radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought new all around use just a simple very well thought out like different screens nice audio,traded for 870!

KC7MF Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 17:17 Send this review to a friend
You just can't go wrong with this excellent transceiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am very happy with this radio. I find the receive audio to be excellent. The receiver is sensitive yet quiet. Discrimination wonderful. The DSP works very well.

I consistently get outstanding audio reports and I have done little to tweak the audio.

I find operation very easy and intuitive. The screen is large and easy to read. If you have never used one, the band scope will become your new best friend. What a great convenience.

Some time ago I acquired a TS-590S. Frankly I like the Icom much better. It is easier to use and I believe its transmitter is much stronger or at least more consistent. I sold the TS-590s and kept the older Icom. This is not to say that the TS-590 is not a nice radio. It certainly is. My decision was simply a matter of choice. I think the Icom performs better in most instances.

These radios are still commanding upwards of $1000.00 but for the features and performance they offer I find them to be a bargain. The fact is that to get all of the features of one of these on a new radio you are going to have to pay way more than that. Way more.

I highly recommend this transceiver if you can find a nice one. Mine is not going anywhere.

M3-FJU Rating: 3/5 Apr 7, 2013 03:38 Send this review to a friend
over rated  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
well after waiting a long time to try this radio I got one,rushed home to fire it up and wright from the off I was shocked, if you take away all the bells etc you are left with a middle of the road radio, all this about a great rx well to me its nothing special,it works but has a bit lacking,the rx audio is a bit thin,no matter what band width you use,the tx audio I have been told is very clean,the filters are ok again nothing special, if you look at the facts and figures you will find the 756 is a better radio,the 7400 is better and my ts 850 kills it,along with my flex 1500,in my view icom should have spent more time on the rx/tx side instead of putting a silly screen on it, that is to small and lacks any real use, having to turn on pre amps on different bands etc is wrong, in my mind i thought 7400 was a better hf radio than the pro, well il be keeping my 850 and flex and selling this radio, sorry icom il be sticking with kenwood

M0KKW Rating: 2/5 Apr 7, 2013 03:01 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and nasty  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First impression one of poor quality - adjust one of the row of controls on the lower left hand side of the panel.and it wobbles around and the whole row moves with it.( edge mounted pots on an inadequately supported pcb) Weak signals warble with some kind of DSP induced crud. Seems it takes Icom several attempts to get things better as with the 706 series. Weak secondhand prices suggest I'm not alone in my opinions.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2013 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought mine second hand and was delighted when i got it home,Fantastic RX and i have no trouble pulling the weak stations out.The audio reports from my 756pro are always outstanding using the stock HM-36 hand mic and i am often told BBC quality,I tried the heil pr-22 and sold it in the end and stuck with the standard mic.Second hand these are fairly cheap and well worth buying.

jim M0HDX

KJ4SPM Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2012 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-756PRO= GREAT $ 1000.00 Rig!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently purchased a very lightly used IC-756PRO. One of the first things I noticed was the low "floor" noise while listening around the bands. I would also like to remark on what an ease this radio is to program. I would highly recommend this make and model rig to anyone in the "$1000 rig" market.