Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 256 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

K2XU Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2014 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Saved me  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hal is one in a million - one of dying breed of seasoned engineers who knows everything about radios old and new - and truly desires to please his customers. My Japan Radio (JRC) JST-135 transceiver, a rare but superb radio, suddenly experienced a strange sputtering signal that gradually killed everything frequency above 6.6 Mhz! Mind you there are no parts around for this rig, nor many owners, except perhaps in Europe and Japan. I was stuck and called JRC in the off chance I might get some help. JRC was quick to refer me to Hal Guretzky saying if anyone can help, he can. I called Hal, described the symptoms, and he immediately diagnosed the issue as a "divide by zero, Phased lock loop (PLL) failure." Being in NJ , I made an appt and drove the 100 miles to meet him in person. He said nobody drives that far and doesn't get a tour of his facility.. My jaw dropped a the sheer volume and variety of vintage and current radios - all serviced and ready for sale! And his test benches are fully equipped and fully "broken in" with years of use. Hal fixed my JRC in just a few days and sure enough, he had isolated the PLL issue caused by a failed trace on one of the daughterboards. Pretty impressive. He's also a hell of a nice guy. A personal visit to Hal's shop is highly recommended for the experience. First rate business!!

KB1SGO Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2014 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal is a gentleman with rare expertise. He went through a ICOM IC-R71A that I loved to DX with but had lost all sensitivity. This was a receiver that was highly touted in a WRTH review back in 1986 or 87? - going from memory. The Electronic Equipment Bank (EEB) of Vienna Virginia had a version they sold with all options installed and I purchased it from EEB. I sent it to Hal and he throughly bench tested the radio and corrected the problem. He even gave me the part that had failed. I am a Ham with a Tech License that really is a SWL enthusiast so I am not really good with the technical stuff - it was a very small capacitor. I highly recommend doing business with Hal.

N5TF Rating: 0/5 Oct 9, 2014 04:14 Send this review to a friend
Beware  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Radio was working but damaged when shipped, now dead as a door nail. Business practices not consistent with posted web page policies.

NR3R Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2014 20:11 Send this review to a friend
wonderful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wonderful service and experience with Hal. I initially emailed to inquire about looking at my Collins R390. Within hours he returned my inquiry. After he received the radio he kept in touch as to the progress. Any phone call or email I sent was returned within hours or less. About a two week turn around time was phenomenal. Honestly I really was amazed and very pleased at the cost. I was expecting much more for the work and service he provided.
Oh, yea, the receiver works as good as the day it was manufactured and it is 50 years old. I own many radios and when trouble comes they will be going to Harold at Land Air Communications.

WB2JOB Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2014 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Repairs Parts  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent a e-mail to Hal @ Land Air for belts for a Heathkit HW-100, Hal sent me a e-mail to connect him.
He told me were to get the belts at a local store, when I offed to buy them from him he told me not to spend money for no reason.
Most places would just take your money, not Hal.
Great guy to work with and will do so in the future.
First rate guy.
73's
Bob
WB2JOB

DATAMAN Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2014 14:31 Send this review to a friend
superb service  Time owned: more than 12 months
An extraordinary, extremely competent person in Hal
Guretzky. Hal extends himself as a friend who can do for you what you cannot do for yourself; and his goal is to correct and satisfy your problem without
any initial consideration of cost. A rare and precious trait in todays world. I ran a multi-million dollar company and treasured and respected
the people who "added-value" to their job.Hal is the personification of such a person, and I am
proud and pleased to call him a friend who was able and willing to get my KWM-2 Collins up and going.

KD5QHV Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2014 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Collins Repairs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a Collins 75S-3B, 32S-1, and a KWM-2 that needed possible repair and an alignment. I had spoken to Hal on the phone a few times. I was going to be in the NYC area and asked Hal if I could drop the radios off to him, and he agreed to meet me on a Sunday afternoon. I had the opportunity to see his show room and his collection of great treasures of another era. In about a week I got a call from Hal that the radios were all up and running. Since I was not planning on being in the area in the near future He shipped them back to me. I got them back on the bench and thought I had a problem with the 32S-1 but after talking with Hal on the phone he gave me suggestion that pointed me in the right direction and in reality, the problem was an self induced. All pieces of equipment checked out fine. I would call Hal for advice on other Collins equipment and would send him my radios for repair if that time ever comes again.

KC2TTT Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Shop & Lab  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought a Tektronix 310a and a few weeks ago a Motorola Am-494, Received both in top notch shape, Hal k6dpz made arrangements to deliver me the units. The service and support that goes with is nothing but first class. He will service any thing that radiates or deals with rf, from boat anchors (the Collins gold dust twins) to modern stuff still in production. If he doesn't have it he'll find one. He has all the manuals for the whole line of ham gear, service books as well. Have had other newer ham gear, nothing lasts like the old stuff, Bought a yaesu yo-301 from him a few years back as well. Has a lot of ham and test gear in stock plus many tubes and parts. My site here http://www.qrz.com/db/kc2ttt

WB2CMF Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2014 16:40 Send this review to a friend
An honest and fair repair service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Heathkit SB-401 transmitter that has been packed away on a shelf for the last 22 years. Several weeks ago, I decided to see if I can use this rig but was afraid to just plug it in. Using Halís suggestion of putting a 100 watt light bulb in series with the rig, I was able to safely turn on the rig and verify that the capacitors had not completely dried out. Unfortunately, the VFO knob was free spinning. I was not able to adjust the knob to allow VFO tuning. I drove the rig to Hal, about 45 miles, for him to repair, knowing that this was beyond my mechanical abilities. Having built this rig from a kit, I knew that it would have to be torn down to repair the VFO dial. Three days later Hal called me to tell me the rig was repaired and to come pick it up. The VFO dial has never been as smooth as it is now and it works fine. Hal checked out the entire rig, tweaking the alignment and showing me that it was capable of full output. I would definitely recommend Hal for any repairs as the man knows his craft well and his prices are fair. While picking up my rig, Hal gave me the tour of his facility. All I can say is WOW. I have never seen more equipment and test equipment anywhere. If you are looking for an older rig, the question is not if Hal has it, the question is how many do you want. With multiple test benches and manuals for almost any rig, Hal is capable of repairing most any rig. Thank you Hal.

WV6V Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Topnotch & Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal provided every conceivable choice for a solution in the fastest time imaginable. I highly recommend his services. You cannot go wrong here.