Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 249 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

KC2TTT Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Shop & Lab  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought a Tektronix 310a and a few weeks ago a Motorola Am-494, Received both in top notch shape, Hal k6dpz made arrangements to deliver me the units. The service and support that goes with is nothing but first class. He will service any thing that radiates or deals with rf, from boat anchors (the Collins gold dust twins) to modern stuff still in production. If he doesn't have it he'll find one. He has all the manuals for the whole line of ham gear, service books as well. Have had other newer ham gear, nothing lasts like the old stuff, Bought a yaesu yo-301 from him a few years back as well. Has a lot of ham and test gear in stock plus many tubes and parts. My site here http://www.qrz.com/db/kc2ttt

WB2CMF Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2014 16:40 Send this review to a friend
An honest and fair repair service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Heathkit SB-401 transmitter that has been packed away on a shelf for the last 22 years. Several weeks ago, I decided to see if I can use this rig but was afraid to just plug it in. Using Halís suggestion of putting a 100 watt light bulb in series with the rig, I was able to safely turn on the rig and verify that the capacitors had not completely dried out. Unfortunately, the VFO knob was free spinning. I was not able to adjust the knob to allow VFO tuning. I drove the rig to Hal, about 45 miles, for him to repair, knowing that this was beyond my mechanical abilities. Having built this rig from a kit, I knew that it would have to be torn down to repair the VFO dial. Three days later Hal called me to tell me the rig was repaired and to come pick it up. The VFO dial has never been as smooth as it is now and it works fine. Hal checked out the entire rig, tweaking the alignment and showing me that it was capable of full output. I would definitely recommend Hal for any repairs as the man knows his craft well and his prices are fair. While picking up my rig, Hal gave me the tour of his facility. All I can say is WOW. I have never seen more equipment and test equipment anywhere. If you are looking for an older rig, the question is not if Hal has it, the question is how many do you want. With multiple test benches and manuals for almost any rig, Hal is capable of repairing most any rig. Thank you Hal.

WV6V Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Topnotch & Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal provided every conceivable choice for a solution in the fastest time imaginable. I highly recommend his services. You cannot go wrong here.

KC2VYY Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2014 10:31 Send this review to a friend
topps in radio repair  Time owned: months
hal is the most knowledgable person I know on fixing ,repairing and trouble shooting even the most wierdest problems.He has done repairs for me at very reasonable rates. He will also take time from a busy scheduled to try and answer and resolve problems .He is topps in his profession.

K2LGO Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2014 03:56 Send this review to a friend
VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have called Hal on a previous occasion for some suggestions on a fix for a transceiver I was having trouble with, and he not only gave me a suggestion, he knew the trouble, and was generous enough to share the fix with me...Today I called him on his cel for some more advise, and even though he was at DAYTON, going through the hamfest, he still had a moment to offer some advise, and again he was dead on...Many Thanks Hal

W2CCR Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2014 08:35 Send this review to a friend
About the best you can find for repair  Time owned: months
I have nothing but good things to say about Hal. He is good at what he does, and everything is done professionally. I got a chance to see his shop and inventory not to long ago, and I was impressed.

If you need anything repaired, or are looking for old tube or hybrid radios, Hal is the guy you need.

WJ2V Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 09:16 Send this review to a friend
A ham's ham  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hal is obviously in this business because he loves radios. I had the pleasure of visiting him at his "store" which is more like a radio museum. Except that it is equipped with top of the line test equipment. I dumped a sick Hallicrafters on him, and he got it to work, despite a damaged IF coil that is unobtainable. He also sold me a clean, fully functional Drake 2B that is a joy to operate at a fair price. This is shop that is worth knowing about.

K2ZSK Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Hal Guretzkyís brand of service is a rarity in this day and age  Time owned: months
I have owned a Yaesu FT-101EE transceiver for decades, and it continues to perform magnificently to this day. Recently the meter switch (P.O., I.P., ALC) began connecting intermittently in the I.P. and P.O. positions, so I was unable to reliably tune and monitor the unit. I called Yaesu technical support to see if they had any replacement switches or recommendations for dealing with this issue, and they referred me to Hal Guretzky at LandAirCom. I was able to reach Hal on his cell phone, and he graciously took the time to coach me away from replacing the switch, suggesting that it was an oxidation issue which could be resolved with much less effort. He went on to recommend a product called LPS-2, a heavy duty lubricant that he uses to spray on these types of switches, lets it soak in, and then works the switches several times through all their positions to remove any oxidation that has caused them to malfunction. The LPS-2 also protects against future oxidation. I ordered the LPS-2 from Grainger, received it the next day, followed Halís instructions, and the switch is now working perfectly. Hal didnít charge me a thing for his time and advice, and saved me a ton of work, as replacing that switch is a major project with the FT-101EE transceiver. Hal Guretzkyís brand of service is a rarity in this day and age. I would never hesitate to use him if my FT-101EE or any of my older equipment ever needed service beyond my own capabilities. Thank you Hal!

N7ZZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 05:09 Send this review to a friend
compliments to hal  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, Hal was very helpful. I originally contacted him last november because my HF radio (yea sue ft-757gx1) developed a fault (mic audio board failed). I ended up waiting until earlier this month to send the radio (took a while to get the funds). Unfortunately, the shipper (UPS) destroyed the package in transit and then tried to deny payment on the insurance value. between Hal and I, we managed to convince UPS that it would be a good idea to pay up. Since the radio was packaged at a UPS store, it became their responsibility. I am now awaiting my funds and hope to get a new (or should I say: newer) radio from Hal. If it hadn't been for hal giving me the help he did, I would still be trying to go round and round with UPS.

KA2ZIU Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2014 13:49 Send this review to a friend
TS-400  Time owned: months
I called up Hal to see if he could check my TS-440 that has been sitting around 15 years collecting dust. When I saw Hal's address, I realized it was very close to mine so I called Hal, and he said come over, and I did. What a surprise.

It was as if I died and went to Radio heaven !! Hal has rows and rows of all the old rigs (and new brands) that we all remember, all lined up in total order, labeled, and ready to be sold. He also has other items every ham would love to own.

So, I gave him my rig, and he said he would call me, and three days later Hal called telling me my rig was ready, and come get it. Well, it turned out to need only a tiny bit of work, I tested it and all works well. I thought the price was fair, and the turn around was fantastic.

So, Hal rocks in my book, he's a nice guy, fair, and if you need something in this hobby of ours, give Hal a call, he most likely has it.I myself will be back for some more toys.

Robert.