Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 252 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

K2ZSK Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Hal Guretzkyís brand of service is a rarity in this day and age  Time owned: months
I have owned a Yaesu FT-101EE transceiver for decades, and it continues to perform magnificently to this day. Recently the meter switch (P.O., I.P., ALC) began connecting intermittently in the I.P. and P.O. positions, so I was unable to reliably tune and monitor the unit. I called Yaesu technical support to see if they had any replacement switches or recommendations for dealing with this issue, and they referred me to Hal Guretzky at LandAirCom. I was able to reach Hal on his cell phone, and he graciously took the time to coach me away from replacing the switch, suggesting that it was an oxidation issue which could be resolved with much less effort. He went on to recommend a product called LPS-2, a heavy duty lubricant that he uses to spray on these types of switches, lets it soak in, and then works the switches several times through all their positions to remove any oxidation that has caused them to malfunction. The LPS-2 also protects against future oxidation. I ordered the LPS-2 from Grainger, received it the next day, followed Halís instructions, and the switch is now working perfectly. Hal didnít charge me a thing for his time and advice, and saved me a ton of work, as replacing that switch is a major project with the FT-101EE transceiver. Hal Guretzkyís brand of service is a rarity in this day and age. I would never hesitate to use him if my FT-101EE or any of my older equipment ever needed service beyond my own capabilities. Thank you Hal!

N7ZZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 05:09 Send this review to a friend
compliments to hal  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, Hal was very helpful. I originally contacted him last november because my HF radio (yea sue ft-757gx1) developed a fault (mic audio board failed). I ended up waiting until earlier this month to send the radio (took a while to get the funds). Unfortunately, the shipper (UPS) destroyed the package in transit and then tried to deny payment on the insurance value. between Hal and I, we managed to convince UPS that it would be a good idea to pay up. Since the radio was packaged at a UPS store, it became their responsibility. I am now awaiting my funds and hope to get a new (or should I say: newer) radio from Hal. If it hadn't been for hal giving me the help he did, I would still be trying to go round and round with UPS.

KA2ZIU Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2014 13:49 Send this review to a friend
TS-400  Time owned: months
I called up Hal to see if he could check my TS-440 that has been sitting around 15 years collecting dust. When I saw Hal's address, I realized it was very close to mine so I called Hal, and he said come over, and I did. What a surprise.

It was as if I died and went to Radio heaven !! Hal has rows and rows of all the old rigs (and new brands) that we all remember, all lined up in total order, labeled, and ready to be sold. He also has other items every ham would love to own.

So, I gave him my rig, and he said he would call me, and three days later Hal called telling me my rig was ready, and come get it. Well, it turned out to need only a tiny bit of work, I tested it and all works well. I thought the price was fair, and the turn around was fantastic.

So, Hal rocks in my book, he's a nice guy, fair, and if you need something in this hobby of ours, give Hal a call, he most likely has it.I myself will be back for some more toys.

Robert.

WN2UIB Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 06:09 Send this review to a friend
ft101e  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hal did a great job fixing my ft 101e it needed alignment as well the relay rebuilt it is not easy to find people to work on 101e know less charge a fair price but Hal was very fair this was the first time working with him and it was a pleasure a friend of mine that been a ham for 45 years let me know about land air comm. Thanks again wu2q tom

KB2SN Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2013 09:34 Send this review to a friend
the best radio repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
20 years with using hal,when I buy used I get hal to make it work like new, he never fails.

WA1FJI Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2013 14:40 Send this review to a friend
call me great repore  Time owned: more than 12 months
very acknowagable

NY6DX Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 13:44 Send this review to a friend
All Long Island hams should use him  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal got me contest ready in a day. Reworked my 1000mp mark v and I am buying a 1000d off him. If you use anyone else for repairs you are settling for second best.

WB2CUT Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2013 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Keeps my Drakes on the air!  Time owned: more than 12 months
He's the only person I've ever found who can fix the Drake VHF converters and transverters, and he's fast, too! If he fixes them, they're FIXED! Also of course the C-line receiver and transmitter. Always pleased.

SWLW2 Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2013 23:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellant and honest service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just had my ailing Drake 2-B repaired and re-aligned by Hal. He had the radio ready for me in one day and at a very fair price. It now works as good as new. Since I live close enough, I brought the radio to Hal's shop and, as an added bonus, got a grand tour of his repair facility and inventory of equipment ready for sale. The "stuff" he has is mind-boggling --- room after room, filled with shelves of receivers, transmitters, test equipment. Whether you want an HRO-5 or an HRO-500, he's got it. He is very knowledgeable, honest, and takes his time explaining everything to you.

WA2MO Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Hams Right Hand Man  Time owned: more than 12 months
I always give Hal a call when I get into a bind or am unfamiliar with a piece of equipment I am working on. My latest adventure is a Collins KWS-1. Every question I had about this oldie but good was completely answered and Hal always gives great trouble shooting advice and with his help will be back on the air soon...Thanks for all your help Hal we need more guys like you out there.