Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 249 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

N8CVW Rating: 0/5 Mar 14, 2013 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Hal broke my radio, kept my money.  Time owned: more than 12 months
(Original post Oct. 3, 2010, still unresolved)

I give Hal a "0" for AWFUL because he sent my STONER PRO 80-10 back to me with problems he gave it that it never had. The STONER PRO 80-10 is a collector's item, Hal tried to buy it from me when I first spoke to him.

Hal declared success after spending 4.25 hours on the job, so I sent him a USPS Postal Money Order for the full amount asked, approx. $258.00. When the radio finally arrived (a few extra days late, he thought he shipped it but he didn't), transmitting on 20/15/10 threw the radio into full oscillation with ~110 watts out. Hal agreed to try again, so back the radio went ($60 shipping, so far).

On the second return of the radio to me, applying DC with the radio OFF, it was drawing 5 AMPS ! With power switch ON in Receive: 7 AMPS !
I quickly removed power before something else fried.

I immediately email'd Hal about this problem but Hal wouldn't even respond. I wrote again requesting at least a refund under his "30 day Repair Guarantee" (stamped on the invoice), but the "Guarantee" is no good. Hal has my money and I have my radio, worse off than when I first sent it to Hal. My advice: Stay away from Hal Guretzky.

OE6ECG Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 09:24 Send this review to a friend
best support by Hal  Time owned: more than 12 months
The rotary encoder of the main VFO of my FT-1000d froze. Yaesu wrote me, that there is no sparepart available any more.
I found an article in e-ham about Hal / Land Air Communication LDT. We had a quick conversation and the money transfere. The sparepart was sent very quickly and works perfect.
best 73 / Mike
OE6ECG

WD9JJZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2013 13:41 Send this review to a friend
very well satisfied!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
my fears of sending my 30 year old rig off to someone I didn't know have been quelled. Hal and I spoke about my yaesu ft 101zd he found the problem and sent it back probly better than it had come from the factory.he's one hell of a nice guy. found my problem and sent it back faster than I had expected it. so, you think I'll send him other rigs to repair??you bet!! many Thanks Hal!!Al wooden from polo, illinois

W8DMH Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2013 10:47 Send this review to a friend
FT1000D  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The main VFO tuning knob on my Yaesu transceiver FT1000D froze and Hal replaced the rotary encoder. When Hal called to check with me I remarked how much better the receiver performed. Hal realigned the receiver. The turn around time was very good. Thanks for a job well done.

Denny
W8DMH

WB8OQT Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2013 09:15 Send this review to a friend
Collins Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal did an excellent job with the repair of a Collins SM3 microphone last December. The price was reasonable and turn-around / shipping was very fast.

Thanks Hal

KA3UBG Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2013 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Amateur Radio Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal has worked on several radios for me and has done an excellent job everytime. His turn around time is great and whatever the problem was, he always consulted with me first and told me the cost before any work was performed. He is the only person I would trust with my radios, he does excellent quality work and stands behind it. Never be afraid to send him work, it will always be done properly.

Joe KA3UBG

W6PU Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2012 18:00 Send this review to a friend
Icom 761 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Left out that Hal performed wonders on my Icom 761
with about a 10 day turn around time.

Tried to edit my first report I wrote, but damned if I could find out how to do it-Ha!

Bob/ W6PU

N3AJB Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2012 17:01 Send this review to a friend
A ham's friend  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I called Hal and talked to him about a Heathkit HP 14 power supply problem. He immediately identified a possible cause of the problem and suggested how I might verify his suspicion. After talking to Hal, I checked and sure enough, he was correct. He was more than willing to help me solve my problem rather than suggest I send the power supply to him. I have dealt with Hal before and he continues to be the ham's friend as well as someone with great technical ability if the problem needs his attention.

I highly recommend Hal and the service he provides.

N2WGF Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2012 04:16 Send this review to a friend
TS-790 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had my TS-790 repaired by Hal recently. His service was fast, the radio works great, and the price was right. What more needs to be said? Except maybe he is a great guy to talk to as well. I highly recommend his service. Bought the radio new back in 1993, works like new after a visit to Hal in 2012.

K2ACB Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Fast-Reasonable-Reliable: Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently had Hal of Land Air Communications repair my Elecraft K2-100 transceiver. I had problems with the transceiver about a year abd a half ago and sent it to Elecraft to be repaired.

Elecraft did a very good job in repairing it and they have an excellent reputation for service and advice. However the turn around time for the repair at that time was over two weeks and the bill came to a lot more than I expected, around $300 to replace a chip in the transceiver.

Hal told me he would not have charged as much as Elecraft did for that repair and that they probably did charge a premium for being Elecraft.

Anyhow for the repair this time to my Elecraft K2-100. Hal's service was fast, reasonable -less than what Elecraft would have probably charged, and he is very reliable.

I highly recommend Hal for all your service and repair needs for Amateur Radio Equipment at Land Air Communications.

Alan-K2ACB