Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 266 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

NY6DX Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 13:44 Send this review to a friend
All Long Island hams should use him  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal got me contest ready in a day. Reworked my 1000mp mark v and I am buying a 1000d off him. If you use anyone else for repairs you are settling for second best.
WB2CUT Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2013 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Keeps my Drakes on the air!  Time owned: more than 12 months
He's the only person I've ever found who can fix the Drake VHF converters and transverters, and he's fast, too! If he fixes them, they're FIXED! Also of course the C-line receiver and transmitter. Always pleased.
W2QAI Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2013 23:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellant and honest service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just had my ailing Drake 2-B repaired and re-aligned by Hal. He had the radio ready for me in one day and at a very fair price. It now works as good as new. Since I live close enough, I brought the radio to Hal's shop and, as an added bonus, got a grand tour of his repair facility and inventory of equipment ready for sale. The "stuff" he has is mind-boggling --- room after room, filled with shelves of receivers, transmitters, test equipment. Whether you want an HRO-5 or an HRO-500, he's got it. He is very knowledgeable, honest, and takes his time explaining everything to you.
WA2MO Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Hams Right Hand Man  Time owned: more than 12 months
I always give Hal a call when I get into a bind or am unfamiliar with a piece of equipment I am working on. My latest adventure is a Collins KWS-1. Every question I had about this oldie but good was completely answered and Hal always gives great trouble shooting advice and with his help will be back on the air soon...Thanks for all your help Hal we need more guys like you out there.
M0KKW Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2013 02:37 Send this review to a friend
Great guy  Time owned: months
I personally recommend Hal without reservation. My dealings with him have proved him entirely trustworthy, kind and courteous. Couldn't ask for better service. Thanks Hal, the hobby needs more folk like you.
N2WL Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Expert Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal Guretzky is my go to guy for all my old Collins gear. He has kept my original 380's going and has also kept my KWM2A up to snuff and even had him work on a 30L-1 for me as I no longer have my own shop full of spares. Hal has always been helpful and his knowledge is deep and long. I have been hamming for 50 years and Hal has been at it longer. The first rule in life is you get what you pay for. Difficult problems take longer, easy problems take less. If your gear is important you pay what it costs. Don't listen to the negativity on here, you can't please all the people all the time.
W2MSK Rating: 0/5 Mar 15, 2013 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Hal ripped me off!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal's idea of repairing a radio is to deactivate the faulty section. My ICR8500 was inoperative on the high frequency dection. He simply cut a trace deactivating the board. I complained and he suggested I dump the radio. I refused and purchased a new high frequency section. He did an awfull job soldering it into place, real "bush league". He charged me a ridculous sum of money for this "hatchet" job. Never again, stay far away!.
N8CVW Rating: 0/5 Mar 14, 2013 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Hal broke my radio, kept my money.  Time owned: more than 12 months
(Original post Oct. 3, 2010, still unresolved)

I give Hal a "0" for AWFUL because he sent my STONER PRO 80-10 back to me with problems he gave it that it never had. The STONER PRO 80-10 is a collector's item, Hal tried to buy it from me when I first spoke to him.

Hal declared success after spending 4.25 hours on the job, so I sent him a USPS Postal Money Order for the full amount asked, approx. $258.00. When the radio finally arrived (a few extra days late, he thought he shipped it but he didn't), transmitting on 20/15/10 threw the radio into full oscillation with ~110 watts out. Hal agreed to try again, so back the radio went ($60 shipping, so far).

On the second return of the radio to me, applying DC with the radio OFF, it was drawing 5 AMPS ! With power switch ON in Receive: 7 AMPS !
I quickly removed power before something else fried.

I immediately email'd Hal about this problem but Hal wouldn't even respond. I wrote again requesting at least a refund under his "30 day Repair Guarantee" (stamped on the invoice), but the "Guarantee" is no good. Hal has my money and I have my radio, worse off than when I first sent it to Hal. My advice: Stay away from Hal Guretzky.
OE6ECG Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 09:24 Send this review to a friend
best support by Hal  Time owned: more than 12 months
The rotary encoder of the main VFO of my FT-1000d froze. Yaesu wrote me, that there is no sparepart available any more.
I found an article in e-ham about Hal / Land Air Communication LDT. We had a quick conversation and the money transfere. The sparepart was sent very quickly and works perfect.
best 73 / Mike
WD9JJZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2013 13:41 Send this review to a friend
very well satisfied!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
my fears of sending my 30 year old rig off to someone I didn't know have been quelled. Hal and I spoke about my yaesu ft 101zd he found the problem and sent it back probly better than it had come from the factory.he's one hell of a nice guy. found my problem and sent it back faster than I had expected it. so, you think I'll send him other rigs to repair??you bet!! many Thanks Hal!!Al wooden from polo, illinois