Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 250 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

K2ACB Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Fast-Reasonable-Reliable: Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently had Hal of Land Air Communications repair my Elecraft K2-100 transceiver. I had problems with the transceiver about a year abd a half ago and sent it to Elecraft to be repaired.

Elecraft did a very good job in repairing it and they have an excellent reputation for service and advice. However the turn around time for the repair at that time was over two weeks and the bill came to a lot more than I expected, around $300 to replace a chip in the transceiver.

Hal told me he would not have charged as much as Elecraft did for that repair and that they probably did charge a premium for being Elecraft.

Anyhow for the repair this time to my Elecraft K2-100. Hal's service was fast, reasonable -less than what Elecraft would have probably charged, and he is very reliable.

I highly recommend Hal for all your service and repair needs for Amateur Radio Equipment at Land Air Communications.

Alan-K2ACB

AE7UL Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Service AAA+  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent radio in for repair a Yaesu FT 757GX. It had been loaned to me by a ex fellow ham.
The first time that I turned it on it smoked.
Sent the radio to Hal for repair he fixed it for a very economical price and sent it back to me.
When it arrive I discovered that it had been damaged in shipment.
Hal did not hesitate,and asked me to send it back so he could look at it.
I sent it back, he fixed the radio again, sent the radio back to me and did not charge a dime...
Great service... Good work... Good price... Hal has a great personality.
I would not be afraid to sent all my fellow HAMS to Landair.

WB2KSP Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2012 06:18 Send this review to a friend
A hams best friend in our own back yard  Time owned: months
After being inactive for nearly a decade I've returned to HF and have also reinstalled my dual band mobile radio in my car. The radio, a Yaesu FT-7100 worked properly for a month or so but one afternoon after turning the radio on, it went, as they say in the trades "stupid" on VHF with poor VHF reception (UHF remained unaffected), or so I thought. A call was placed to Yaesu who told me that they would no longer service the FT-7100 . However, they did recommend Hal of Land Air communications who, as it turns out, was in the NY metro area. I called Hal and arranged for him to have a look at the radio. A day or so after receiving the rig Hal told me that as far as reception goes, the radio met spec and he mailed it back. After receiving the radio I found the condition to be the same as when I mailed the radio to him. Another call was placed to Hal and he invited me to come to Land Air with the radio. Hal spent time demonstrating that indeed the radio was functioning normally on his bench. We then went to my car and found that a local repeater barely moved the L.E.D. S meter. Hal explained that this condition could be caused by many things and that if I'd like he'd be happy to attempt a fix for me. A day or so later Hal called to report that he had resolved the problem by creating an interface to make the proper software alignment adjustments to the radio. His charge was nominal, far below what his hours spent resolving the issue should have been.

After inspecting my radio, Hal took me on a tour of an older hams fantasy land. Land Air stocks rack upon rack of classic radio equipment, all in perfect working order. I saw every radio I used from my first radios , a Johnson Ranger 1/National NC303 to my first SSB xmtr, a Hallicrafters HT44 with matching receiver, which I did not have and radios neatly stocked from A-Z. Basically, anything you can think of in vintage radio, Hal has it in perfect working order. I did happen to glance at some of the prices marked on some of the radios and honestly, they seemed very fair. It wasn't the price that kept me from buying my dream rig of yester-year, it was the space, but someday.....

A few other things must be pointed out. When I paid a visit to Land Air, I left my reading glasses in the box with my radio. Hal was kind enough to pack the glasses, case and all, to be shipped with the radio. I received the box last night and found the glasses on top of the packing material, where even I could find them. Thanks Hal!

W7ZJB Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2012 08:41 Send this review to a friend
KWM-2A  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was having an alignment problem in my KWM-2A,
and after discussing this with Hal, he guided me
through the process and I was able to succeed
through the problem. Everything went fine.
Many thanks to Hal for his technical expertise.

Many thanks,
Ernie/W7ZJB

HOTELWISKEY3411 Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2012 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Ft-101  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I found Hal in the ham repair shops on the net So i called him he seemed very helpful I have 2 FT-101 Es The one icalled him about i've had about 27 years Had very little service work done to it.Iput it up about 10 years ago because wasn't working correctly so i started looking around for someone that repaired Hams So i took it to a tech i found i picked it up brought it home hooked it up Was not satisfied with his work what so ever.In the mean time the one i bought about 6 months ago went down So icalled Hal Told him what had happened So he gave me some ideas about what was probably wrong with it.So i shipped it to him.He called me when he received it.Called me back a couple of days later told me what he found professionaly fixed the problems I have the radio back in service Works great i am very satisfied with Hals work .Ihave other Yeasu equipment It will go to Landaircomunications for repair.Hal in my book is the one to take your equipment to.THANK VERY MUCH Ron Meyer.

KC2YRJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2012 19:35 Send this review to a friend
You're in Good Hands  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal is a one-of-a kind guy who is not only thoroughly competent as a service technician but possesses a genuine spirit of helpfulness that typifies the amateur radio community. He will take the time to get a sense of how you use your equipment and then do all that is necessary to get you up and running again. He has done expert repairs on my Drake and Collins equipment and given new life to my old rigs. All my repairs have been completed within a day or two and while you may find someone willing to work for less, this is a case where you get what you pay for. The man is more than a technician, he is an artist!

K2JYL Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2012 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Land Air is Competent Fair and Honest  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have known Hal for many years, he has repaired several pieces of vintage gear and modern gear for me during that time. Hal is a selfless individual often providing troubleshooting information to help me repair my gear myself and never a charge for his time. As I read some of the negative feedback on Landair Communications I am a little taken back. Hal runs a business and as such I cannot imagine him not making every attempt possible to resolve customer issues.

VA6KOA Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 05:01 Send this review to a friend
FT101 Help  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was having some problems with my newly purchased classic FT101E and was given Hal's number by Yaesu North America. I contacted Hal and with he was able to guide me through setting up the radio to work fantastically! No shipping, no repair costs, just a great resource and helpfull friendly service.... So nice to experience in this day and age!

KC2VVU Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 01:14 Send this review to a friend
repaired my national ncx 200  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was having a problem with my national ncx 200, the relay was messed up by the last owner Hal repaired it and it works great. He took many hours but got it right thank you hal. Its a family heirloom I want to pass on. Very fast turn around 6 days total time door to door.

SCUBA Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 19:40 Send this review to a friend
100% Success, KWM-2 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, I had a serious KWM-2 failure that couldn't be repaired locally.  Online research revealed several highly qualified Collins repairers.  I decided to send mine to Hal due to the fact that he's an avionics technician.  As a commercial pilot, I have the greatest respect and admiration for the avionics profession.

It turned out, that I made a good choice; not only was the repair a 100% success, Hal found and mitigated ALC problems that I failed to tell him about.  Hal assessed the KWM-2 and called me (I didn't have to call him).  Hal gave me a quick turn-around, and returned the failed parts along with the like-new KWM-2.  I appreciate Hal's advice on the 516F-2 power supply which enabled me to troubleshoot and repair the 516F-2 myself. Hal's knowledge, skills, and abilities are impressive.  What else can I say?  If I need anything Collins, I'm calling Hal.

Hal provides precise packing and container preparation instructions. Instead of using multiple cardboard containers, I shipped the KWM-2 in a Pelican #1620 case, using the Pelican supplied foam to contain the KWM-2, then I emailed the padlock combination to Hal.  The protection factor and efficiency of using a pelican case over cardboard is well worth it (for added shock protection, convenience and security).  I've used both Pelican and Hardigg cases at work, for years, with total success. Recommendation, if I may:  Spend the extra money and buy a Pelican or Hardigg case if you need ship your Collins equipment anywhere, then you can sleep at night, while it's in transit.