Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 250 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

N2JJA Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS-940  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was in the process of moving two years back and had some help from my Family so My sister In law garbed the Box with the 940 and it Fell down a flight of Stairs when I got it set up and turned it on it was ALL SCREWED UP. The display was not working and did not receive so I took it to HAL K6DPZ landair.com and he Brought it back to Factory Specs and I was amassed on how he did it.
Using his State of the Art Equipment He was able to Restore it Thank God. And I have other Equipment I have Brought to him in Total trust and have never been disappoint on his Service.

WC2C Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2012 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Terriffic!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi,
Once again Hal, K6DPZ, rescued the day for me by fixing a broken piece of amateur radio equipment!!!!
I have a Kenwood AT 230 that broke. Within 2 business days, the antenna tuner is back in line working great as if it just came out of the factory.
And the cost was very fair.
!!!!Bravo Hal!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!
de WC2C

KG2T Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 12:51 Send this review to a friend
The best in the business  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought Hal my TS930S with a really weird problem. my ALC did not work on two(2) bands only. They were OK on all bands, and to make things more weird didn't work only on SSB.
Most people I spoke to suggested that I scrape it and buy some newer radio.
When Hal saw the rig, he said that they no longer make rigs like that, and asked to take on the challenge. I was ready toi spend cose to $ 5,000.00 for a new rig of the same type.
Hal fixed it, for very little money and I had it back in less than 24 hours.
Hal assured me that if the problem would re-occur he would repair it at NO CHARGE. WOW...
I strongly recommend Hal for any of your HAM needs. You can't find someone as trust worthy and with excellent qualifications.
Thank You Hal, Thank you LandAir Communications

Joe KG2T

WA2PJF Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 19:13 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mr.Hal is an "outstanding" service technician. He will take a piece of radio equipment from you, that is in need of repair, and have it "professionally" back in working order in a "very short time." Mr.Hal is a very pleasant and easy person to deal with. He recently repaired my Collins KWM-2 transceiver. I have owned this radio for a long time. It always had issues, from "day one !" However, Mr.Hal put an "end" to that scenario, .......QUICK ! As we all know, everyone has their "specialty,".....his
is radio repair and maintenance. "HE" is "THE" true electronic equipment, ......DOCTOR !

K2DGR Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just recieved my TS-940sat back from Hal in short order...Had the PLL lock-up problem and several other issues fixed ASAP as always, also repaired a Yaesu scope for me with bad HV.
Both items are now working like new.
Thanks Hal for the great service

W0YVA Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Quickly repaired a Signal/One CX-11A. Enjoyable to chat with - very personable and knowledgeable. His shipping company did a poor job packing but luckily no equipment damage. Upon reporting this to Hal, he immediately refunded the packing cost! I highly recommend his service.

KC2VVU Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2011 09:14 Send this review to a friend
REPAIRED MY KENWOODS.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hal is the greatest man I every came along in the hobby. He repaired 3 kenwoods and done a outstanding job. He is honest truthful and cares about about any repairs done to your rig. The turn around time was fast. And hal stand behide his work. So before you pick a person to repair your rig or need a rig. CALL HAL. you will not be sorry.

N3KEX Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2011 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought a used Icom R71A several years ago and although it performed well, I knew it could be better. There were some power supply issues and the backup battery was going. Extremely quick and competent service-Hal kept me informed at all times and I enjoyed speaking to him. He is a former Technical School Educator, and his explanations were clearly understood. I would have enjoyed learning under him, he is extremely knowledgeable and personable. My R71A was finished in only a few days time and received it with a only a two day transit. Put it back on my bench, and wow!!!! It may be a twenty year old radio but it performs like it was new and then some. He did some work on the power supply and further realigned and repaired as necessary. I enjoy monitoring utility communications (not much into ham, sorry) and the pirates. The low noise floor and dead on frequency compares extremely favorably with my AOR 5000, which is no slouch on HF. Yes, I did pay a premium rate for his work but the end result is well worth it. Older radios are my favorites and I will keep this for many years. You can rest assured Hal will square away your rig with highly competent service. I will use him again! Thank you very much Hal!

WB2CUT Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2011 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Fixed it PLUS!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This time it was my power supplies that were bad. He fixed and shipped them FAST! Then, when I seemed to still be having a problem, he talked me through it and I found a bad cable. He is very skilled and doesn't want to have a rig shipped unless it really does have a problem. My 597 counties on 2 are a testament to his ability to keep a Drake line with 2 meter transverter operational.

WA2MO Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2011 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Tech Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
While Hal is fairly busy repairing all types of electronic equipment, he has always been more than happy in helping me repair my gear. Itís nice to see that there is someone willing to share his knowledge and trouble-shooting experience with others. Just recently I called Hal to explain some trouble I was having with a Collins 75A-4 receiver and told him I would bring the radio to him. He said donít even bother bringing it; I was kinda surprised, after all thatís his livelihood. After asking him why he responded, ďwhat are you going to learn by me fixing your radio ď. He told me I was closing in on the problem and suggested a couple of other things to check and I would get it fixed. Iím glad to say he was right and the receiver is working great. Thanks Hal .