Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Land Air Communications LTD Help

Reviews Summary for Land Air Communications LTD
Land Air Communications LTD Reviews: 256 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Hal Guretzky services and repairs ICOM,KENWOOD,COLLINS,and Yeasu radios and other brands also.And also commercial radio equipment!He is located in Richmond Hills,NY.
More info: http://www.landaircom.com

You can write your own review of the Land Air Communications LTD.

HOTELWISKEY3411 Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2012 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Ft-101  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I found Hal in the ham repair shops on the net So i called him he seemed very helpful I have 2 FT-101 Es The one icalled him about i've had about 27 years Had very little service work done to it.Iput it up about 10 years ago because wasn't working correctly so i started looking around for someone that repaired Hams So i took it to a tech i found i picked it up brought it home hooked it up Was not satisfied with his work what so ever.In the mean time the one i bought about 6 months ago went down So icalled Hal Told him what had happened So he gave me some ideas about what was probably wrong with it.So i shipped it to him.He called me when he received it.Called me back a couple of days later told me what he found professionaly fixed the problems I have the radio back in service Works great i am very satisfied with Hals work .Ihave other Yeasu equipment It will go to Landaircomunications for repair.Hal in my book is the one to take your equipment to.THANK VERY MUCH Ron Meyer.

KC2YRJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2012 19:35 Send this review to a friend
You're in Good Hands  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hal is a one-of-a kind guy who is not only thoroughly competent as a service technician but possesses a genuine spirit of helpfulness that typifies the amateur radio community. He will take the time to get a sense of how you use your equipment and then do all that is necessary to get you up and running again. He has done expert repairs on my Drake and Collins equipment and given new life to my old rigs. All my repairs have been completed within a day or two and while you may find someone willing to work for less, this is a case where you get what you pay for. The man is more than a technician, he is an artist!

K2JYL Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2012 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Land Air is Competent Fair and Honest  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have known Hal for many years, he has repaired several pieces of vintage gear and modern gear for me during that time. Hal is a selfless individual often providing troubleshooting information to help me repair my gear myself and never a charge for his time. As I read some of the negative feedback on Landair Communications I am a little taken back. Hal runs a business and as such I cannot imagine him not making every attempt possible to resolve customer issues.

VA6KOA Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 05:01 Send this review to a friend
FT101 Help  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was having some problems with my newly purchased classic FT101E and was given Hal's number by Yaesu North America. I contacted Hal and with he was able to guide me through setting up the radio to work fantastically! No shipping, no repair costs, just a great resource and helpfull friendly service.... So nice to experience in this day and age!

KC2VVU Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 01:14 Send this review to a friend
repaired my national ncx 200  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was having a problem with my national ncx 200, the relay was messed up by the last owner Hal repaired it and it works great. He took many hours but got it right thank you hal. Its a family heirloom I want to pass on. Very fast turn around 6 days total time door to door.

SCUBA Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 19:40 Send this review to a friend
100% Success, KWM-2 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, I had a serious KWM-2 failure that couldn't be repaired locally.  Online research revealed several highly qualified Collins repairers.  I decided to send mine to Hal due to the fact that he's an avionics technician.  As a commercial pilot, I have the greatest respect and admiration for the avionics profession.

It turned out, that I made a good choice; not only was the repair a 100% success, Hal found and mitigated ALC problems that I failed to tell him about.  Hal assessed the KWM-2 and called me (I didn't have to call him).  Hal gave me a quick turn-around, and returned the failed parts along with the like-new KWM-2.  I appreciate Hal's advice on the 516F-2 power supply which enabled me to troubleshoot and repair the 516F-2 myself. Hal's knowledge, skills, and abilities are impressive.  What else can I say?  If I need anything Collins, I'm calling Hal.

Hal provides precise packing and container preparation instructions. Instead of using multiple cardboard containers, I shipped the KWM-2 in a Pelican #1620 case, using the Pelican supplied foam to contain the KWM-2, then I emailed the padlock combination to Hal.  The protection factor and efficiency of using a pelican case over cardboard is well worth it (for added shock protection, convenience and security).  I've used both Pelican and Hardigg cases at work, for years, with total success. Recommendation, if I may:  Spend the extra money and buy a Pelican or Hardigg case if you need ship your Collins equipment anywhere, then you can sleep at night, while it's in transit.

N2JJA Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS-940  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was in the process of moving two years back and had some help from my Family so My sister In law garbed the Box with the 940 and it Fell down a flight of Stairs when I got it set up and turned it on it was ALL SCREWED UP. The display was not working and did not receive so I took it to HAL K6DPZ landair.com and he Brought it back to Factory Specs and I was amassed on how he did it.
Using his State of the Art Equipment He was able to Restore it Thank God. And I have other Equipment I have Brought to him in Total trust and have never been disappoint on his Service.

WC2C Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2012 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Terriffic!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi,
Once again Hal, K6DPZ, rescued the day for me by fixing a broken piece of amateur radio equipment!!!!
I have a Kenwood AT 230 that broke. Within 2 business days, the antenna tuner is back in line working great as if it just came out of the factory.
And the cost was very fair.
!!!!Bravo Hal!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!
de WC2C

KG2T Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 12:51 Send this review to a friend
The best in the business  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought Hal my TS930S with a really weird problem. my ALC did not work on two(2) bands only. They were OK on all bands, and to make things more weird didn't work only on SSB.
Most people I spoke to suggested that I scrape it and buy some newer radio.
When Hal saw the rig, he said that they no longer make rigs like that, and asked to take on the challenge. I was ready toi spend cose to $ 5,000.00 for a new rig of the same type.
Hal fixed it, for very little money and I had it back in less than 24 hours.
Hal assured me that if the problem would re-occur he would repair it at NO CHARGE. WOW...
I strongly recommend Hal for any of your HAM needs. You can't find someone as trust worthy and with excellent qualifications.
Thank You Hal, Thank you LandAir Communications

Joe KG2T

WA2PJF Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 19:13 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mr.Hal is an "outstanding" service technician. He will take a piece of radio equipment from you, that is in need of repair, and have it "professionally" back in working order in a "very short time." Mr.Hal is a very pleasant and easy person to deal with. He recently repaired my Collins KWM-2 transceiver. I have owned this radio for a long time. It always had issues, from "day one !" However, Mr.Hal put an "end" to that scenario, .......QUICK ! As we all know, everyone has their "specialty,".....his
is radio repair and maintenance. "HE" is "THE" true electronic equipment, ......DOCTOR !