Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | OM Power OM2500HF Help

Reviews Summary for OM Power OM2500HF
OM Power OM2500HF Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $now 3328: later 4397
Description: 2500 W output in CW and SSB, 2000 W out in RTTY, AM,FM and digital modes. 40 to 60 W drive for full 2,5 KW.
More info: http://www.om-power.com

You can write your own review of the OM Power OM2500HF.

OM2TW Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2007 01:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent HF-Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
At the OM0C Contest Crew we are using these amplifiers for some years, mostly for contests and DXpeditions (3B8/OM0C, IB0/OM0C, C52C & C50C) and there we had a chance to operate OM-2500 for some weeks under very hard weather conditions when temps inside rised more than 40 degrees Celsius for 24 hrs a day. The amplifiers alive even very hard handling of different airports staff which confirming the very good and sturdy construction. Most of us are also guest members of OM5M and OM7M contest stations and we have the same favourite, OM-POWER.

I'm not only contester, but technician engineer too. From my technical point of view, this is the best amplifier I've seen. Robust construction, easy to operate, the tuning is one of the easiest I have ever used. Also the protective systems is working fast. The blower on my amp is quiet. And with 50W drive I have 2500W output! I simply love this amp!

If you want to have big signals on your DXpedition, this is the right choice for you!!!

Thanks to Tibi OM3RM & the OM-POWER team for this excellent product. Well done boys!

Rich OM2TW (C52C & C50C, 3B8/OM0C, IB0/OM0C, etc)

F4FGY Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2007 05:25 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello I introduce myself Fred F4FGY user of OM 2500 HF since 1 year, it is very robust, and the power is well of 2500 Watts exit, I find it well meillor that touts the others amp. and I will buy the new OM 3500HF. greetings and good traffic

HA7VK Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2007 02:18 Send this review to a friend
I'am happy owner of OM2500HF  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I`m a very happy owner of an OM2500 HF amplifier. Just my station is in balanced with RX and TX side.

This is a well engineered, well constructed and well built PA. The tube, GU84b is a new generation tetrode, built for the Russian army. The robust tube and the same robust power supply with 2pcs of toroid transformers, gives 4.5KVA continous input power. The RF part is clear and beautifuly designed. The protection system has made the PA “bullet proof”.

I use the IP dip and LOAD for maximum output tuning methode. This is a fast and perfect way. My own tuning chart gives me opportunity to change band w.o. driving signal. The large metering is very good because I can see all the important parameters and also see that the amplifier is ON or OFF. :-))

The output signal is clear and narrow. During the contest some of my neighbours came to 300 Hz to me and made me some QRMs. When I asked them to QSY a bit they answered: “SRI, I didn`t hear you - 300 Hz away”. So this is a very good and one of the best price/value PA.

Please read again my first sentence.

Thanks to OM3RM, Tibor and his team, from Slovakia for their nice product.

Sanyi HA7VK, YU9VK (ex: XU7VK, YI9VK, YB0AVK)

SM4CUA Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2007 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent HF-Amplifier  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This OM2500 HF by OM-power is the best of the best I ever used. I have nearly 40 years of experience in amateur radio – equipment and have naturally used lot of amplifiers like TL922 and Ten-Tec Titan and some yaesu amplifiers

What really surprised and struck me with this amplifier by OM-power is the rugged mechanic construction. Mechanically and electrically this amplifier completely outperform my previous amplifiers and easily have much output power.
OM2500 HF is very easy to tune up and with an input of 45-50watts I have 2500W output.

Last but not least, with OM2500 HF I have overwhelming super-reports of nice audio-reports and big signal.

The kindness and service I have had from OM-power is first-class and I mean FIRST-CLASS that put OM-power to number one and the amplifier OM2500 HF to the best of best. As an addition 3 years of warranty and 1 year for the tube GU84b outperform any other amplifiers on the market. Thanks Tibi

IV3IPS Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2006 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Really GREAT !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm come from L4-B twelve years experience. Tested during some contests also the Alpha 91b and 87A and now after 8 months test I can say: the OM Power OM2500HF it is a "really GREAT" amplifier !

Really heavy duty product, compliments to OM Power !

Stefano - IV3IPS

S58WW Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2006 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Great AMP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
10 watts in and 600 watts out was my first test!
Quiet operation and real "soft ON".
Design is "cool".
With 600 watts out 25 minutes on "dummy load" on rtty + 7 deg change on tube airflow...

I will inform you about progres!

p.s.

DL1BBR - OM is Slovakia not Slovenia. I wish we would produce that amplifier, but it is produced in Slovakia.

DL1BBR Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2006 01:37 Send this review to a friend
outstanding amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
outstanding processing,real 2.5.kw cont carrier out, extra large construction units like 2 transformers each for one phase, bandswitch like
a coke box (hi)...pi circuit condensers and so on,protective circuit for gu84 tube.
timeless look (a matter of opinion), fastest supply (eg: slovenia to norderney island northsea only 3,5 days)
technical designer tibi (om3rm) and its team are very reliable.

IK5HHA Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2006 03:07 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The OM-2500 by OM-POWER is a great power amplifier on HF band.
Low price, no problem and only a great satisfaction !!
2500 watt on all band (2000 on RTTY).
Ciao Luca/ik5hha