Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Norms Fabrication Help

Reviews Summary for Norms Fabrication
Norms Fabrication Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Manufactures custom tower accessories for Rohn towers as well as hard to find items such as torque arms and guy brackets.
More info: http://www.normsfab.com

You can write your own review of the Norms Fabrication.

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2013 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Yaesu Bearing Adapter   Time owned: more than 12 months
I needed an adapter to mount a Yaesu GS-050 thrust bearing on a Rohn BAS25G tower top section. The BAS25G is designed for the Rohn TB3 bearing which was overkill for my light duty application. Norm's work is excellent. A perfectly machined and galvanized plate with countersunk holes and stainless hardware included. The Yaesu bearing and Norm's adapter plate combined were well below the cost of the TB3.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2013 16:57 Send this review to a friend
45G Tilt base Awesome   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well after looking at prices for a Rohn 45g Hinged tilt base at $800.00+ we found Norms on the internet $220.00 + shipping cost .
I ordered the Hinge base last friday evening and it arrived tonight UPS . Like others have said he built it like a tank and very clean welds. He will get my business again if I need ant tower accessories .
I will feel much better when we convert our Rohn 45g tower to a tilt base for easy access when repairs are needed on antenna.

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2012 00:54 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have not purchased anything directly from Norm, but I have seen several examples of his work in place on many occasions, on towers owned by others, and can report it all appeared to be first rate construction, with satisfied customers all around. Hearsay, ... I suppose, but still, I have worked first hand with his products, as I helped others install them, and feel I can recommend his work, accordingly. One need not buy something to be familiar with it.

Just My take. // James - K8JHR //

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2012 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Tilt-over base built like a tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Norm fabricated me a 25G tilt-over base in a pinch. I ordered it on a Sunday thinking they would contact me on Monday. Nope. Within an hour, Ginny was on the phone with me and got the ball rolling. Friday afternoon, it was delivered by UPS. Beautifully constructed, thick, careful welds. It's heavy duty! This is not my first purchase from Norm's. I also have a flat top stub, and equalizer plates. They are nicely made as well.

W5UXJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2011 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Components, Friendly Service, FAST Shipping  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't say enough good things about my recent purchase and experience with Norm's Fabrication. Norm's wife took my call after hours and ran through all the details for the items I needed. I was able to make my payment through PayPal (which is the only payment method I'll use anymore for my online and phone purchases). Shipment arrangements were made through UPS with tracking numbers sent to me as soon as the 3 packages shipped. My components arrived today well packed and in great shape. I checked all the stainless steel hardware packages down to the last nut and washer and everything is accounted for. The tower components exceeded my expectations for quality construction and hot dip galvanizing.

Another reviewer mentioned that Norm's prices were about the same as Rohn prices. I don't know what parts he needed or where he was shopping but Norm's prices were considerably less expensive. I ordered a hinged base for Rohn 25G tower. The online prices I found in October 2011 were as follows:
3 Star = $289 + Shipping
Warren Electronics = $230 + Shipping
Antenna Systems and Solutions = $369 + Shipping
Tessco = $320 + Shipping
DX Engineering = $256 + Shipping
Norm's Fabrication = $195 DELIVERED

That's a pretty good deal in my book. Thanks Norm and Ginny. Keep up the good work!

KG0MN Rating: 4/5 Jul 22, 2010 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As one person said the items do look like Rohn's own products and on most of the items they are about as expensive as Rohn's prices.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2009 00:03 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I agree with the last review about the hardware. Should be much better and the same thread pitch as what normally comes for the tower, not fine thread. The products are first rate, also Norm and crew are great to deal with. Will be buying things from Norm in future. (I'll supply my own hardware... hi

Thanks, Norm

N2SR Rating: 4/5 Oct 11, 2009 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Good - except for the crap plated hardware  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought 2 bearing shelves from him. The shelves look and appear to be exact copies of a Rohn shelf I have, which is great.

The only problem I have is the U-bolts he supplied were plated, not galvanized.

Also, the holes for the U-bolts didn't seem to line up correctly, so that meant I had to drill out the holes to a slightly bigger size so the galvanized U-bolts that I had to buy would pass through the holes easily. Nothing would be more frustrating than to have to fight to get hardware in place on a tower at 90 feet.

I'd definitely purchase again, although I would ask to make sure if he was going to supply galvanized hardware or am I.

K1IR Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2004 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Custom TA45G  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Norm built a custom torque arm bracket assembly for my Rohn 45G tower. It is extremely well constructed, and I am very pleased. As others have mentioned, Norm is easy to work with. He listened to all my requirements, and I got exactly what I expected. I highly recommend doing business with Norm's Fab. 73

W5AJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2004 23:07 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Norm's fab at http://www.normsfab.com custom made a 25G hinged base plate. Worked great and just what I needed.
When I needed a part great communication back and forth on getting right item. Looks like good place for custom parts.