Reviews Categories | GPS receivers for APRS | TripNav TN-200 GPS Receiver Help

Reviews Summary for TripNav TN-200 GPS Receiver
TripNav TN-200 GPS Receiver Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: A highly accurate 12-satellite GPS, displayless, WAAS enabled, simple USB or PS/2 connection.

You can write your own review of the TripNav TN-200 GPS Receiver.

N7JDB Rating: 0/5 Oct 29, 2004 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Reliability Problems?  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I used it a couple times on short trips, shortly after buying, with no problems. Then I started on an eight-week, cross-continent trip. It was flakey, sometimes not syncing, sometimes not even visible to either of two computers. It worked about 1/3rd of the time. I just tried it again today, and the computer doesn't even see it.

I emailed the place where I bought it, regarding warranty, and they have not returned my email. I then contacted Rayming via their website about warranty service, and also got no answer.

Mine may be an isolated experience, but keep in mind that if yours goes bad, it doesn't look like there's any support behind it! Looks like $100 down the crapper at this point.

NW2M Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2004 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Most APRS users simply use their existing GPS unit to provide position data to drive their APRS system. Why bake and freeze an expensive, full-featured, 256 color GPS when all you really need is a simple GPS?

The TN-200 is a display-less GPS unit, the size of a matchbox, WAAS enabled, single wire data/power, and provides a 3D fix in approx 45 seconds from cold start. A single LED provides power and status.

We cut the USB end off to feed a Tiny Track-III with great success. We also use it on a Kenwood D7A HT. This is our third TN-200 purchased. Stop buying old GPS units with old sentence structures which requires an interface box. This is a must-have for any laptop, PDA, or APRS user.