Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi
Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $119.00
Description: Elements: 3/8" Solid Aluminum, In Line (Direct Feed) Gamma Match with SO239 Connector,2:1 Bandwidth is over 4 MHz to 50-54 MHz, Stainless Steel, Mounting Hardware
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi.

AC2Y Rating: 3/5 Dec 31, 2011 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Maybe built too tough  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had this antenna mounted @ 35' for about 2 years with no problems. Then while mowing one day I found about a 6" piece of 3/8" solid rod laying under the tower. Looked up and noticed one side of the 2nd director was shorter then the other side. Replaced it and all was good. Eventually sold it to a friend who had the same thing happen after about a month. Harmonics from wind play havoc with the elements. I believe tubing would be a better choice to allow some sort of dampening to be installed inside the elements.

I own 3 Arrow antennas, and all are absolutely fantastic performers.

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2010 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My third ARROW antenna product, and first 4EL 6M Beam.Fantastic. Installed on rotor about 10 feet above my roof on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. First contact on band was to Wisconsin. Easy to assemble. Adjusted on ground while mounted on tri-pod. SWR 1.3/1. Using on SSB (horizontal), but can even hit repeater (FM) approximately 100 miles away!! TOP QUALITY PRODUCT. THE BEST OF MATERIALS USED IN CONSTRUCTION, and highly recommended.

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2010 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Great thing in a small package  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very sturdy, quality parts. Easy to assemble. Lightweight. I am very happy with it; worked some amazing Es QSO's wih it mounted in my attic at my previous QTH. At the new QTH, it is out side at 30 feet; lots of east/west prop from North Carolina to W6/W7. Also great into Caribbean and Central America. My installation is a compromise, surrounded by 100 ft oak trees with HOA. So all things considered, it's working quie well.

AF5U Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2008 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Workmanship & Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
The machine work is as good as it gets for the price. Yes, if you want to mount it on a pole larger than 1.5 inches, you'll have to drill 4 holes on the mounting plate(s) and purchase 2 U-bolts. Suck it up - you are a licensed ham! That should not be a problem for you. Having worked for 2 of the largest antenna manufacturers in the world (Decibel Products and Kathrein), we are lucky Arrow Antenna supports the ham community as it does. They could make easier money in the commerical world. It is a well engineered value-packed kit that will perform as well as any 4 element yagi weighing 8 lbs for 50MHz. I can be mounted vertically or horizonally polorazed using the stock mount and turned by a radio shack rotor. Almost any manufacturer can make an antenna that works right out of the box. This will work to spec many years after it is mounted. It is ruggid as you'll find. Dave Little, AF5U

NA6DF Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2008 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Well built, great value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is very well built, and it sells for a great price. I am very pleased with the quality construction, and ease of tuning the gamma match. I have no other yagi up to compare it with, but it seems to perform very well for me. My QTH is in sort of a hole, with hills in all directions. Given my geographic limitations, I'd say this antenna is a real winner! I'd highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get on six with a directional antenna.

KD4ULB Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2008 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Solid built, great performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a fan of Arrow Antennas since the days when they were first built with actual arrows (still have the 2m 4-el homebrew version!), I had no hesitation buying this one. Itís been up about 2 years now at about 25' and running 160W I consistently get great signal reports. I've been able to work just about anyone I hear from my swamp in SE GA, including numerous contacts with CA, OR, WA, and MT. Can't wait to get my new tower up this winter and see how it does at 50'!

Love the solid elements and overall construction. No problems with the matching system, just follow the included adjustment diagram. (I initially set mine to center of the band and currently use a tuner for 50MHz SSB/Digital but will be re-adjusting it for low end this fall, see if that helps). Mast mount clamp is a little funky, doesn't like big pipe and can be tough to get straightened out (and get the antenna level) as you tighten it, but overall, not a big issue. Excellent size vs. efficiency Ė Db gain ratio, lightweight, compact, can be turned with a simple TV rotor.

Great price, solid quality, proven performance, nice folks. Whatís not to like?

NB7I Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2007 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Simple, Well Made  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I went to the Arrow Factory, and not only did Al and Dot sell me an antenna, they kindly took me through every step of the manufacturing process. Al's automation equipment in action is quite amazing. This is small business USA in action.
The mounting clamp is too small for larger pipe, the gamma can be finicky, but this antenna and the people who built it are great!

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2007 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Good For Working Left To Right Coasts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wouldn't you know it , as soon as I installed this antenna 6 meters went flat. That was a week ago. Today, the band opened to Florida, Oh Happy Day. Made my first coast to coast 6 meter contact with the antenna at 15 feet. Imagine what it will do when I get it in the air.

I now have 4 Arrow antennas, all are built well, go together easily, and WORK!!

I'll buy more when the need arises. Still need yagis for 440 and 220. They will be Arrow products.

N6NKN

KB1GMX Rating: 4/5 Apr 14, 2006 15:04 Send this review to a friend
industrial strength anntenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one I've used for two years and two NE winters. No question, it's one rugged antenna.

As 4 element beams go it's decent for it's 115" boom. It's apparently better optimized for the leftcoast (51mhz pacific paths) however when the gamma is set correctly it performs well with excellent bandwidth in the 50.0-51mhz segment.

The down side is the mast clamp is hard pressed to grab a pole larger than 1.5". The spacing between the bolts limits mast size.

I limit it to less than a 5 for the clamp limitation. I'd recommend it.

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2005 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Another great Arrow product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As with the other Arrow products I've bought, everything is flawless. The design, the fit, the quality - it's just a pleasure to own. Assembly was easy - even the crazy multi-mounting-split-boom joiner was reasonably easy for me to figure out, which is a real credit to the design! If only all antennas were made so well...