Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi
Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $119.00
Description: Elements: 3/8" Solid Aluminum, In Line (Direct Feed) Gamma Match with SO239 Connector,2:1 Bandwidth is over 4 MHz to 50-54 MHz, Stainless Steel, Mounting Hardware
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow 52-4S 4 Element Yagi.

AC5CH Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2005 23:15 Send this review to a friend
Battle - Ready !  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one of the toughest antennas I've ever seen!

It works very well, and has survived a couple of dropping limbs from a nearby oak tree. You just can't beat that!

K1ECW Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2005 06:24 Send this review to a friend
A Great Buy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
You'll be hard pressed to find such a versatile 6 meter Yagi for the price. I've had mine up for a year and worked 40 states on 6 meters in the first month!

This antenna is well designed, well constructed, and easy to assemble and install. It can easily be tuned for any segment of the band and installed either vertically or horizontally.

This antenna is fairly light. It could be turned with a decent TV rotor. I have it mounted beneath a TGM MQ-26 Hybrid Quad HF Yagi and turn both with a heavy duty Magnavox TV rotor.

I put mine together and tuned it in less than an hour. That's fairly impressive since I one of those guys that the XYL hides tools from!

The side to side rejection is excellent. The front to back is very good but just short of excellent. The F/B isn't a problem on 6 meters. It'll give you a shot at a few more band openings if you have it pointed the wrong way when monitoring.

The beamwidth isn't very narrow. I don't recall what the modeling chart says but from personal experience it's about 35 degrees mounted 50 feet above ground.

I prefer a larger beamwidth since I don't use a back-up omni or loop as a locator antenna. I probably miss hearing a few openings: but, when I recognize a band opening -- I never miss any contacts.

I tuned at 50.200 MHz with a 1.1:1 SWR. However, it reads less than 1.4:1 across 6 meter band.

You DON'T need an antenna analyzer to tune it. A simple SWR bridge / meter will do the trick.

The only caveat is that they tuck the copper "delta" tuning rod inside the boom. You have to remove the UHF female connector, remove the copper wire tuning element, spin the UHF SO-238 female connector 45 degrees, and then re-attach the UHF SO-238 female connector.

It's very simple but not too well described in the instructions. When I called Arrow they were VERY, VERY helpful in explaining it.

The antenna is rated at a maximum of 200 watts PEP. I never run over 100 watts but would like to have the option to run more.

If it was "beefed up" for more power, I'd probably complain about them raising the price! I guess I'm a typical ham .

I bought mine for $125. I think they are a few dollars more now.

Recommendation: If you're needed a 6 meter yagi, buy one today.

AC5CH Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2004 02:01 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic and Tough!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of these antennas for about two years, and have been VERY impressed with it! The antenna is built to survive just about anything-and has!

It works as a 4-element yagi should, and is a bit more broad-banded than most due to the "fat" elements.

You can't go wrong with this antenna! It is the best built 6 meter beam I've ever seen!