Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radiowavz 80 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz 80 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE
Radiowavz 80 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $80.00
Description: 80 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com/

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz 80 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE.

WD9LEO Rating: 4/5 Aug 10, 2014 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I do like this antenna, I have it mounted at a 20 ft level, end middle and end, I have yet o figure out how to mount it as a inverted v, as I don't like the idea of the center conductor just swinging in the breeze, a small bracket would have been nice, I just don't want to do something mickey mouse with it.

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2012 19:38 Send this review to a friend
5kw SSB/PEP - Take the Heat of My Alpha 8410  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently upgraded my station amp to an Alpha 8410. Having a love for 80 and 160 meter I decided I needed to replace some of the old dipoles that I had. One being a multiband with traps, has been up for quite a few years. After pondering this antenna for the past few weeks I decided to order it and put it up. Not only does it handle the power but is amazingly quiet. In addition, great signal reports. This is the second Radiowavz double bazooka I own. The other is about 5 years old without any issues as of this date. Just make sure you have a good center support for this antenna and it will walk the walk and you can talk the talk with it.

73's
K5HSV

WA6BTH Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2012 09:06 Send this review to a friend
Easy to intall no tuneup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Did not take any time to install, I recommend a center support. Put it up and it was less than 2.1 across band. Seems to be a lot less noise, static that my dipole. It is not as noisy, nice and quiet.Does not seem to be bothered by surrounding objects.
I still have to use it more, with the band going up and down so much.
It saved me a lot of cutting and messing around, like I had to do with the dipole.
I think I am going to buy a 40meter one
73 frank

W6TMV Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2012 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for 80m  Time owned: more than 12 months
I hung one of these off my tower last year, so the center is about 40 ft high with the ends at 12 ft or so. With coax feed I get 1.2:1 SWR at the low end of 80 for CW work. No maintenance (I used steel rope for the tie downs at the end to avoid the squirrels eating through the cord).

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2010 11:08 Send this review to a friend
17 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GREAT ANTENNA WORKS AS DESCRIBED ON WEBB PAGE. GOOD JOB RADIOWAVZ 73S

K7FD Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2010 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Double Bazooka hits target!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put the DBZ antenna up as an inverted vee, apex at 50'. Resonant at 3.8 and covers 2MHz either side at under 1.9 to 1. Didn't even have to trim. I'm happy. Quality of antenna is better than expected given the price...

73 John K7FD

KC9BLT Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2007 23:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is great during noisy band condx. I can switch over to the 80 meter DB and the S-units will drop down but I will hear stations where on my other antennas there is just noise and static. Great signal to noise ratio on these. If you have any problems with localized noise these work great for that as well! Well built, I've pulled and tugged mine through several configurations and it's one of the most durable antennas I have ever seen. Highly recommended!

N1IZE Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2007 07:35 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have bought a slew of radiowavz antennas- they are by far the BEST in construction and usability. The antennas I have purchased in the last 2 months are the following:
10-80 (ocf) windom
6 meter bazooka (over a year old)
40meter bazooka'
10-40 G5rv
I have just order through Rochelle the 160 meter bazooka since I have noticed the remarkable difference when using the 40 meter bazooka. compared to the other wire antennas the decrease in noise is superb yet signal readability is enhanced. They are the best antenna company I have thus far dealt with in my over 10+ yrs in the hobby..

N8BY Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2006 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Working Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This Antenna works better then advertized, Great on all bands and yes thats 10 - 80 with out a hitch. Mine is in a inverted Vee Config, and have worked all over the world. Also this year a took it to Field day where it was put up in mins and Worked Great.

W2FLA Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2006 09:17 Send this review to a friend
GREAT COMPANY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have purchased two Double Bazooka antennas from Emmett at Radio Wavz. The person who indicated that they do not work and that service is horrible must be on drugs or does not know anything about antennas or Amateur Radio. Emmett made me up two custom antennas for both 80 and 160 meters for me. Both are hung from the 100 foot guy ring on my 125 foot rotating tower. If you go to QRZ,com and bring up my call their is a link to a picture show which includes a photo of both the Double Bazooka antennas. I had Emmett make these out of RG11 rather than RG59. I live on top of a mountain in New York State. The winters can be brutal here with lots of ice storms and high winds. That is why my rotating tower is guyed. In the past I have tried a number of other Double Bazooka antennas made by other companies and none of hem stood up through the winters. This antenna that Emmett built for me is like a "Sherman Tank" no pun intended and I'm sure will handle all that mother nature can throw at them. Besides being made to handle the weather they perform fantastically. I have never worked so much DX on 160 meters until I started using the Double Bazooka antennas. Woking DX on 80 is like shooting fish in a barrel. All in all for the price that Radio Wavz charges for these Double Bazooka antennas, they just can not be beat. My hats off to Radio Wavz and especially to Emmett for his terrific service.

Sherman