Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | uniden BC-350c Help

Reviews Summary for uniden BC-350c
uniden BC-350c Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $150
Description: 25-900 mhz scanner, 50 user programmable channels, preset channels in other banks for police, fire etc

You can write your own review of the uniden BC-350c.

KE4RVQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2012 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Have used mine for six years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine, for $66.00 at wally world. It out performs better that some of my more expensive radios. Came with lots of gadgets that makes it very mobile. For such a small, basic scanner it works great!

WX4O Rating: 4/5 Feb 9, 2009 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Good Scanner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine at Wally World on sale for $60. a year or two ago. Nothing fancy, but lets me monitor local repeaters. Police and fire are all encrypted.
Good for the sale rice.

KG6BRG Rating: 4/5 Feb 9, 2009 06:31 Send this review to a friend
good for $99  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a general purpose scanner with the most coverage for not a lot of money. The BC350C fits the bill nicely.
Pro's:
Pre programmed frequencies.
Small size.
Comes with accessories.
Very good RX sensitivity.
Open slots in the police and fire banks for user programming.
50 additional programming slots in the "private" bank.
Bnc connector on the radio's rear apron. A good choice.
Cons:
Can not lock out any frequencies in the "air" band, don't know why but it states that in the manual and you can't. So if you keep hanging up on a noisy freq, too bad.
In the 70 cm. ham band, the only tuning steps available is the 12.5 kc step, which won't let you program lots of the 440 repeaters. The other ham bands are on 5 kc steps and that works great. If anyone knows a way around this, please drop me an e-mail at < swduncan57@juno.com >.
Small nit, the squelch is turned to the right, CW to open, seems backwards to me.
There is a silly "nascar" sticker on the front of the scanner, it makes the radio look like some kind of toy. I'll have to see if I can pry it off with a razor blade.

KB2GQK Rating: 4/5 Nov 30, 2007 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Great scanner for under $80.00  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just took back a Radio Shack PRO-2055 for intermod problems(GRE is junk),also took back the PRO-433 toobut that was actually better with intermod then the PRO-2055 and made by Uniden. I have a Uniden BCT-15 on my night table. That scanner is awesome but I just don't want something that valuable in the car. I called my distributor, and just had a Uniden BC-350C sent to me from PA. I do this as a side-line business,mainly to police/firefighters in my area.(Westchester County,NY) This little scanner has great audio..ok, so no direct keypad which keeps it small, also no priority or selectable scan delay and no 800mhz trunking but it is a winner. Actually, better then the BCT-8 which has very poor sensitivity(see my review on that scanner too)This scanner being double conversion, will get some intermod but at its price, it is okay.

AF4KK Rating: 4/5 Nov 25, 2007 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Cute little scanner!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Okay, there's alot of stuff it does NOT do - such as trunking, digital or even subaudible tones but for general monitoring, it's a useful little scanner. It's also quite fast whn using the 5 kHz stepping. I estimate it's close to 80 channels a second which isn't bad at all! I hav two 350s and they've been useful for years!!

KE5FEM Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2007 22:08 Send this review to a friend
great sensitivity  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For a low cost, budget scanner this unit really performs well. The sensitivity is FAR superior to my RatShack PRO-97 and PRO-2055 scanners and at half of their cost. They both offer trunking and more buttons, and are in a higher class of scanners. Yet both of those units have terrible sensitivity, especially on the 2 meter band, and they both have terrible volume control. The BC-350C has easy to use buttons, great volume and squelch control, great sound. Overall, it is a bargain for its low price.

BTW:
I'm not sure of the logic behind buying a scanner without numerical buttons and then giving it a bad review because it lacks buttons. That seems rather dumb. True it is a bit more involved to program than a higher priced scanner with numerical buttons, but not by much.

K6MTT Rating: 4/5 Mar 22, 2006 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Very basic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'd probably like this little guy more but for the very strange method of programming. Granted, it saves room to have no numerical keypad, but it's really oriented towards the "listen to smokey the bear" crowd with its automatic search and discovery. Programming while you are driving is impossible - I have to pull out the manual at all times anyway.

However, I just use it as a dedicated receiver for about 20 channels of local highway patrol and fire while in the secondary vehicle. For that, it works great.

The CB and weather "searches" are fun to have, the others might be handy while travelling outside your home area.

There are so few buttons that you can operate the basics by feel (lockout, hold, scan, etc.) easily while driving.

It's a very decent receiver for the money, so were it not for the funky programming I would have given it a 5. And even with that, I would buy one again for the receiver performance and compactness.

KM5TC Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2005 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Great little scanner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked one of these(BC350C) up the other day.
For the money($99.99) a neat, small scanner that
is in my mini van at present.
Scan's all freq fast and has one bank that you can
program up to 50 freq that you like.
For whatever it's worth, they have also included the 11 mtr cb band as well. 73's
KM5TC

N7HO Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2005 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Good Scanner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have both the BC-350A and the 350C, and I like the 350C alot better. It is a simple though awkward to program scanner. I use it in my car and it works fine. I do like the small case, smaller then the 350A, and 50 channels versus 20. Overall, a fine scanner for what it is, and I recomend it to anyone who wants a compact, simple unit, and who doesnt need Trunking capabilities.

Steve / N7HO

RFDAVE Rating: 3/5 Aug 21, 2004 18:19 Send this review to a friend
AN ALRIGHT RADIO  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio is what I call an easychair radio. I have one of these units next to my chair and use it passively when I want to monitor a certain police/fire channel or find new active channels. Its sensitivity is fairly good but does hang up on intermod quite a bit in the built in fire/police search modes. If you are in a rural area then this shouldnt be a problem. When a new channel shows activity I just write it down. This unit is small and fits right on the table next to me. Later I'll put the channels in my big rack mount radios. I do think this thing is a pain to program. Its not hard to program - just more time consuming. I would not use this as your main house scanner -- its good for finding new channels or monitoring a couple of channels but thats about it. For the $70 -$85 these sell for new you surely wont go wrong with buying one of these if you need an inexpensive sensitive unit that scans fast. -- I lucked out and picked 3 of these up at garage sales for $15 bucks a piece -- got one at home - one at the warehouse and one in the car!! The people I got these from all thought they were to difficult to program or got jammed with paging transmitters to easy -- there loss - my gain! -- Now if I could find an AOR this way!