Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Sirio Vector 4000 Help

Reviews Summary for Sirio Vector 4000
Sirio Vector 4000 Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $£60 ish
Description: High Gain 3/4 wave 10/11m vertical antenna. (8.5m long)
More info: http://www.truck-king.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Sirio Vector 4000.

K2XLG Rating: 4/5 Dec 20, 2013 03:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna but needs some mods  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Like a few others here,I used this during my 11 meter days. It would put a signal where other antennas couldn't. This antenna features a very low angle of radiation,which is what it's all about with a vertical.I'd give it a 5 but the mechanical construction of the main element needs some modification.The dealer I purchased this from gave me simple directions that would make a huge difference in durability.At the upper end of each piece of the vertical,cut slits in a cross pattern that extend about 2 inches down. Then place stainless steel hose clamps near the top of the slits and tighten.Use 2 clamps at each position with one right under the other.You'll need to find clamps of several different sizes,as the vertical tubing changes size from about 1/2 inch to almost 2 1/2 inches.This really reinforces that piece and helps it handle wind. I had 2 of these in about a 1 year period and they really work. I can remember watching one dancing in the winter winds and seeing the upper half perpendicular to the lower half...and then go right back to vertical.Thanks for the tip Ronny.

EA3TI Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2012 03:49 Send this review to a friend
muy buena antena  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
En mas de 20 años de uso, no he encontrado otra vertical para 28Mhz que rinda como esta, y el precio asequible por la calidad, totalmente recomendable

Saludos Ramon EA3TI

KC2VVC Rating: 4/5 Mar 1, 2010 04:45 Send this review to a friend
Best Quality Value Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
One of the best omni-verticals for 10-12 meters out there in my opniion. The design is beautiful both in it's mechanical and aesthetic properties. Would have been rated a 5 if not for its susceptibility to high winds. Check out my reviews on Sirio's antennas for more information and details at http://www.hevener.com/sirio.html and http://www.hevener.com/vector4000.html

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2008 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely GREAT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had one of these back in 1995 or so when i did the CB thing, and it was up about 30' on a roof top. The antenna was about 32' long overall, a tad bit longer than the Avanti Sigma 4 but it performed just like it. The antenna tuned all of 11 meters with a flat SWR. I never had an isssue with the antenna. Funny thing is i also ran an Avanti Moonraker 4 and quite a few locals claimed the onmi and the beam had the same S units! I sold th antenna a few yars ago and regret it but i have the original avanti Sigma 4 and ILL NEVER SELL IT!! Who knows, i might use it on 10 meters.

GI0ZGB Rating: 4/5 Feb 8, 2008 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Long Tall Sally  Time owned: more than 12 months
A variation of the Avanti Sigma four design except the Vector 4000 is stretched to 7/8wl.
One great performing antenna with a slight edge on the 827, but not as useable on other bands due to the nature of the beast.
It's as delicate as Chantilly Lace, it will not survive long in gale force winds, the second and third top elements usually snap first being far too long to survive. It is possible to modify and engineer for greater toughness and wind survival, but, given the limited useability on other bands, it is not practical, being something you might do to prove a point. Great eleven/ten metre antenna, the performance is highly recommended but not the build quality!

LU1HQV Rating: 4/5 May 6, 2007 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna.. bad manual  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A minimalist manual... but a very good antenna!!!
Very, very good!!!
Highly recommendable

TI2NF Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2006 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Very good vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the sirio vector 4000 about one month ago. I can say that the antenna is worth every penny. I can't tell if it is the best vertical that money can buy (for 10 and 11 metter band) but is shure is one good antenna. I made some DX with very good reports and I can say that I am very happy with this antenna. The only thing that I have to complain about is the setup. The instruction manual is bad (and I am italian but it is not a matter of language) and the setup of the SWR is a bit painfull. Other than that the antenna is perfect.

JBD332 Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2006 05:08 Send this review to a friend
rocket antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
hallo i have just bought my new SIRIO VECTOR 4000 antenna and i sware i have better resultat then my colegs from radio amater club with there yagi 7element antenna on simple cb frequencies with an old amp "eltelco norge" from italy with one valve 6LQ6 in and about 50-70watts on the end.dawn i love to work the far out stations and with single output of 5-7watt i copy stations with ground wawe far as 90km from me with no problems!!!amaising i even push out 2watt in contact with station far as 1740KM WOOOUW!!!i could not beleve that raport on other side is 3-5 clear and crispy on 14 stations?!?!?!?! am y crazi oor what...man im sorry but i love this antenna and im just fishing on cb freq foor a contact.with 4watts if freq is not too busy i call just ones and "bingo" amaising and with 50watts raports are 5-8 5-9+ waaauw!!!im sorry gys but this is an radar and not just an antenna...ceers!!!

G1MZP Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2005 00:23 Send this review to a friend
Looks good, works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned one of these in the past, its basically a Sigma IV clone. Works exceptionally well on 10m, outperforming everything I could check it against, however I have never "back to back" tested it with the Sirio 827, which on paper should be better.
I have never tried it on the other bands, should tune 10-20 with an ATU so would be interested in trying that.
Thinking of getting one for portable work!!, (It will look good strapped to the back of the car!!)

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me these things look amazing!!
Regards

Alan

M0PRO Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2004 06:02 Send this review to a friend
Big Vertical, Big Signal!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm giving my Sirio Vector 4000 a rating of 5, purely for performance. Any DX on 10m that was heard/worked on my long boom monoband 4 element yagi, could be heard/worked on my Vector 4000. I was even working other UK stations over 75 miles away under flat conditions. Performance wise, better than any other 10m verical I've tried. I was impressed. Build quality is as good as can be expected for a £60 antenna, and the instructions are somewhat limited - and in Itallian! Tuning was a doddle. I wouldn't think twice about buying this antenna again. I might think twice if I lived in a windy area though...