Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT Iambic Lever Paddle (CT73) Help

Reviews Summary for CT Iambic Lever Paddle (CT73)
CT Iambic Lever Paddle (CT73) Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $139.95
Description: The professional hand crafted design features mirror like brass polish, double silver contacts, ball bearings and a personalised paddle tag including country of manufacturing, paddle type and serial number. The paddle is fully adjustable and weighs a hefty 1.5 kg with the base measuring 100 x 90 x 46 mm. The paddle has a long lead terminated with the 2 universal adapters to suit virtually any radio.
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?currency=USD&language=en

You can write your own review of the CT Iambic Lever Paddle (CT73).

K0XY Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2011 11:34 Send this review to a friend
...sweet machine !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
...sweet machine (CT73 Chrome) !...the first thing I noticed was the key was well packed and the shipping box WAS NOT "dog earred"...it arrived in "fresh condition"...that was good...

...unpacked the CT73, again the internal packing was substantial...prior to installing on the radio, I did a few "clicks and clacks"...the 73 had a very precise feel, very smooth bearing tension and a nice sounding "clicks"...some paddles have "clicks" and some "clacks"...the 73 was a delicate "click"...me like !

...the 73 also had the fine thread adjustment screws and a nice chrome finish...

...plugged the 73 into the radio, and as expected the code generated was as perfect as I can send...in fact, the settings from the manufacturer were to my preference (contact spacing was about the width of a single sheet of paper and the magnetic return was just right)

...all in all, the 73 feels like a finely machined product as opposed to a mass manufactured device...the difference of feel is suttle, but the 73 feels "machined"...

...at the current price point (approx. $150 US) I rate the CT73 as a great value and a true "top shelf" product...me LIKE !!!!

JP1LRT Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2010 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Very nice paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought CT73 direct from UR5CDX web site.
Now USD/JPY rate is nice for me. So I decided to buy.
It took only 1 week from Ukraine to Japan.
Packaging is very solid, paddle condition is very good.Could be pre-wired for immediate use.
To use , it is good weight.(stable)
I am very pleased for this paddle can be used.

PA3ASA Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2006 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Paddle!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After winning an eBay bid, the key arrived quickly and was extremely well packed.
The key itself is brandnew (as offered), is very stable (good weight!) and came with good quality, yet very flexible, cable which is equipped with a 3.5 mm stereo plug and an adapter to work with a 6.3 mm stereojack as well.
The key is very well manufactured, well polished and shiny, and is fully adjustable.
What more could I wish for?

DL4ZJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2005 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Bestens!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Eine richtig schöne Taste. Saubere Verarbeitung. Ich habe sie eigentlich nur für die Sammlung haben wollen. Jeoch konnte ich nicht widerstehen und habe sie am TRX angeschlossen und ein paar schöne Verbindungen gefahren.

2E0GMU Rating: 4/5 Oct 1, 2005 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being my first iambic paddle have just switched from straight key,I too would have appreciated some advice on adjustment.Have only spent couple of hours with it and am adjusting to it fine.Noticed a small hair-line crack on one paddle,looks like one of the retaining screws was over-tightened on assembly.Have been apprehensive about changing to a paddle,but am quite pleased.

G4ABX Rating: 4/5 Jul 19, 2005 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Quite pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only been using the key for a few hours and I'm quietly pleased with my purchase :-)
It's the first time I've used an iambic key and it works well with my FT-847 --- after I swapped the dot/dash contacts around.
The construction is good if not fantastic, but in my view represents a good balance between cost and precision engineering -- in other words; good value.
The action is precise with no slop in the bearings and its easily adjusted for gap and tension.
I think I am going to enjoy my re-entry into the world of CW after 20 years away!
Now all I need is a decent CW filter for the rig!

GI4DOH Rating: 3/5 Oct 15, 2004 14:14 Send this review to a friend
A bit disappointed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first iambic key and it would have been nice on a key that costs so much to have some advice on gap and tension settings. I was also surprised that when I slackened the lock nuts and found that the gap adjusting screws were a sloppy fit in the posts. This is not precision engineering and on an ordinary key it would be difficult to get a fine gap. A screwdriver slot in the screw head would also help fine adjustment. Fortunately the gap doesn't seem too critical and it does send morse code OK. Functional but not a premium key.

I just have to accept that this is one of the problems of mail order. You cannot see before you buy.

K6QL Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2004 18:50 Send this review to a friend
NICE!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I too had to reverse the connections to make it operate properly.Guess there is no standard unless all Asians are left handed! It suits me fine and I don't hesitate to give it a "great". Wonder how long it will look this good?

KV1E Rating: 4/5 Jun 5, 2004 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Very fine paddle.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This model was purchased from the manufacturer's eBay listing for US $120, including shipping. My first impression was the very good quality of construction. It's also very attractive. No slop in the paddles and adjustments were easy. I did have to swap the dot/dash connections to match my rig's keying line. I've used the paddle only about an hour and the feel is very similar to my Bencher paddle. The only other comparison was sending at 35+ wpm. Sending seemed easier at those speeds with the CT73, but that is not conclusive. The other advantages over my Bencher are the ease of adjustments for the contact spacing and spring tension. I do have a non-slip pad that I used with the Bencher, but don't need it with the CT73. That may change as the feet dry out or get dirty over time. The weight seems to be the same as the Bencher. All in all, I'm very happy with the paddle. I give it a 4 because I have no idea what a paddle rated at "Great!" would be like. If a 5 rating means completely satisfied, then it is a 5.