Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | ARROW OSJ 152/462 ANTENNA Help

Reviews Summary for ARROW OSJ 152/462 ANTENNA
ARROW OSJ 152/462 ANTENNA Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $39.00
Description: DUAL BAND JPOLE ANTENNA
More info: http://ARROWANTENNAS.COM

You can write your own review of the ARROW OSJ 152/462 ANTENNA.

KD7MIR Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2012 19:38 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this antenna a few weeks ago and it performs better than expected! I can reach the K7MPR repeater in Kingman, AZ from my home in Las Vegas with a S9+ received signal. The first time I brought up this repeater the guy who answered back was astonished to find out I was in Las Vegas, over 90 miles away! SWR is good, and I have had great simplex contacts across the valley. The antenna is made from 3/8 inch aluminum rods, and I expect it to still be in great shape 100 years from now. Assembly took about 2 minutes. At $40 I think its a great investment!

AC7KF Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2008 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Somehow I accidentially posted this under a different product.

I have had this antenna for 7 years now. For 5 of those years it sat atop a 40" tower in Cheyenne. Never a problem even with all the high winds. Able to work simplex into Colorado Springs from Cheyenne. Moved to Tennessee and it still performs well.

Al and his company are wonderful folks. I was able to stand and watch the entire process as my antenna was made while I watched.

K7JJM there is a simple solution to your problem. Give Al a call. I am sure that he would gladly work with you to correct what I believe to be a minor problem.

I do not work or have any financial interest in Arrow Antennas. It is more that I personally know the owner and the calibur of individual he is.

In closing. All manufactures from time to time have a product fail for whatever reason. But usually they will also work to correct the problem.

K7JJM Rating: 2/5 May 5, 2008 05:09 Send this review to a friend
Not As Advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Arrow 146/440 J-Pole website shows a 1:1 SWR from 144 - 148 MHz and from 439 - 450 MHz. I cannot replicate that performance. My antenna is 14' above ground and connectd via 16' of RG8/U to a Yaesu FT-8800(the feed line tested OK). Using a Daiwa CN-801 meter, I get a fairly consistent VHF SWR of ~1.7 which is acceptable but UHF SWR is ~3:1 and is unacceptable.

KC0TJW Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2005 08:59 Send this review to a friend
KISS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A true Keep It Simple Stupid product. Assembly is easy (watch out for the mast mounting bolts they're a little soft). The service is super and I think this is a real quality product. Performance has been great.

WT3844 Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2004 23:37 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLANT CONSTRUCTION  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I USE THIS ANTENNA FOR RECEIVE ONLY FOR VHF AND UHF FOR MY 8500 AND BC780XLT.I HAVE IT ABOUT 25FT IN THE AIR AND WOW I AM RECEIVING VHF SIGNALS UP TO 90 MIKES AWAY.IT IS NICE TO SEE A GOOD QUALITY AMERICAN MADE PRODUCT FROM A SMALL COMPANY THAT DOES WHAT IS EXPECTED.GOOD WORK AL.I WAS DEBATING WHETHER TO BUY THIS ANTENNA OR A NIL-JON SUPERM BASE SINCE I MONITOR ONLY VHF AND UHF AND I CERTAINLY MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE BY BUYING THE ARROW.IF IT DOES AS WELL ON TRANSMIT AS IT DOES ON RECEIVE THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST.