Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | The Screwdriver.com Model 3600 Help

Reviews Summary for The Screwdriver.com Model 3600
The Screwdriver.com Model 3600 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $389.00
Description: Description: The screwdriver model 3600 is a 3ft tall screwdriver antenna that will cover 10 thru 80 meters, with a power rating of 1500 watts continuous power.n The antenna comes with the mount,and digital memory controller, and all the wire to install it. The digital memory controll has 99 user reprogramable memory locations. and a 4 digit display to let you know the exact location of the antenna coil, it is the most user friendly memory controller on the market. The antenna has a fiberglass coil for that has a wall thickness of 1/4 inch.
More info: http://www.thescrewdriver.com/

You can write your own review of the The Screwdriver.com Model 3600.

KB9UBZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2005 06:25 Send this review to a friend
Great performing antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I found the screwdriver antenna not only very easy to use, but am also extrememly suprised at how broadbanded it is. I think it is extremely well designed and it can handle full legal limit as well. One of my first contacts was with a station in Russia on 20m. I have also worked Australia, seems if you can hear them, you can work them. I find tuning up easier than with my manual tuner I use at home, and the 99 memories make it so easy to safely change bands while driving. The only other HF mobile antenna I have to compare to is a 20 hamstick with which there is just no comparision. Since it covers 10m-80m, it also works great for MARS operations. The counter on the controller is very accurate and I haven't had to recalibrate it once yet. I believe it counts about 100 counts per inch that it is moved, so it can be very fine tuned. Since I am limited in what I can put up for HF at home, this is the best investment I have made in an antenna to date. I am very pleased and can't think of a single thing I would change. As far as the buttons not being labeled, that was solved with a label maker very quickly. Thanks for a great product Lee, keep up the good work!!

Mike KB9UBZ

W5EZY Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2005 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Still loving it!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, I've had this antenna over 3 months now and I am still just as happy with it as I was when I took it out of the box. Great quality and easy, trouble-free operation. Just can't say enough good about it. Of course, I get a lot of stares from passers-by when they see it on the back of my Saturn, but... hey, who cares? I am a happy ham with a fantastic mobile radio system. Totally concur with the last reviewer.

KI4NX Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2005 04:43 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressive and Great Ant.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Model 3600 and I am impressed with this antenna. I had not expected the quality and workmanship of the whole antenna. Quite Impressive. It took me about two minutes to figure where everything went and get it working on the bench - I watched it go up and down several times to check out all the controller functions. It makes tuning a snap compared to the High Sierra Sidekick & controller I have been using mobile. [Now, I have to find a much stronger mobile mount!] I mounted it on a stake in the backyard and tested it on several bands. I got a match wherever I wanted and it felt great to have such control, versatility and power capability - I can use my amp as well with no worries. As for contacts and band changes, it could not be any better. The memory controller works great. I know I'm going to love this antenna - both mobile and at home. One last point, Lee never missed an opportunity to reply to all my emails, (and I sent a bunch). GREAT JOB, Lee and thanks.

KZ4Y

W5EZY Rating: 4/5 May 9, 2005 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Very impressed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Model 3600 and I am very impressed with the quality of this antenna. I got it mounted, sort of, on my 2002 Saturn this w/e and it only took about 20 minutes to tune it up and find the swr nulls on all bands. The memory controller works like a charm. I think I'm going to love this antenna. My mounting bracket is too flimsy so I have to make a heavier one today. After I get it permanently mounted and make a few contacts I will give another performance review; maybe then I can give it a 5/5.

KA9TRX Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2005 18:29 Send this review to a friend
I use this antenna for my base HF rig.It is the best .  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Lee, Does a great job and so does the screwdriver.It is the best.Ihave been using it at home for about 3 months and have worked 40 states and some dx.Did I say with less than 100wats?
Im sold on this antenna.

Jay W9JKF

KG4UHJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2004 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Has been good to me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used the 3600 for about 6 months on a mobile rig. No question it is the best mobile rig antenna I have had. The operation has been good on all the bands I work (17,20 & 40 Meters)One big plus is I don't feel power limited in that
this antenna will handle 1500 watts.
Thanks