Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells Help

Reviews Summary for ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 1.8/5 MSRP: $$9.83 per 4 pack
Description: ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells Available at Walmart. After researching many, many NiMh AA cells, this is probably one of the best deals when you consider the return policy & price.

You can write your own review of the ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells.

AI4WC Rating: 4/5 Dec 2, 2012 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Mine are good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Energizers are a mixed bag of 2300/2500 mAh Nickel metal hydride AA cells. Three are made in Japan; the rest made in China. Some are at least 2 years old. I charge them and store them for emergency use. My last 2 charges were 3/26/12 and 9/7/12. I measured them today, 12/2/12 and all but one was 1.3 volts. The exception was 0.87 volts. This seems pretty good to me. Please know that I buy alkaline AA's from Costco for most uses, but they will leak if allowed to discharge and left in the equipment. I hope this helps.

AA8X Rating: 0/5 Dec 1, 2012 17:31 Send this review to a friend
These batteries are pure junk!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don't waste your money on Energizer NiMh cells They will fail to hold or take a charge in only a few months after purchasing. Phone calls to the manufactures is a waste of time. Avoid Energizer batteries at all cost.

N3OQD Rating: 1/5 Dec 1, 2012 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Not worth it  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some time ago, I purchased a bunch of these batteries along with their "Energizer 15 minute charger". Off the top they worked. But the price of fast charging overheated and killed the batteries in short order. I could actually faintly hear the hiss-squeal of seal rupture when taken off the charger!! Even the ones that I used in a known decent charger (the Ray-o-Vac model PS-3) to charge these remaining ones, they may have fared better (due to slower and better charge regulation of individual cells) but in the long haul these additional Energizers were also junk. I went and bought some of the Hybrid Ray-o-Vac "AA" batteries to go along with this same brand charger and have yet to look back. What's really nice about this Hybrid is that there is a much slower internal discharge rate. This means that when installed in a device, a few months later, they will still have most of their useabe charge.

AA8X Rating: 1/5 Dec 25, 2009 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Save your money  Time owned: months
I agree, the 2500 mh cells are pure junk and not worth purchasing. Customer support blames charging but that is not the case. Save your money purchasing these cells as they fail to hold a charge.

NR5P Rating: 0/5 Dec 25, 2009 16:50 Send this review to a friend
take out of box...then throw directly in trash  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't write many reviews but I decided I would for energizer AA and AAA batteries since they are such a scam. These batteries are garbage. I got about 16 of these batteries and one pack of 4 or them worked "ok" two sets didn't ever hold a charge and the rest not for long. I thought it was my ENERGIZER slow charger I had for a long time but then I also tried my fast charger and same results. I then took a look on here and noticed it's likely the batteries especially since some do hold charge. I can't believe they continue to put these on the shelf! My wife got me some durecell rechargeables for christmas. I think they are a couple bucks more but energizers are a complete waste of money. I'm going to try to exchange them so i can maybe get some decent ones but I'll never buy them again.

N2ZDB Rating: 1/5 Sep 3, 2008 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Sorry Energizer....but....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a set of 8 batteries a year or two ago and they worked fine then and still now..However....

After buying some more batteries (Ni-Mh / 2500's) I noticed that they would self discharge in about 2 - 3 weeks to the point where they were unusable until re-charged! This is with no load standing by themselves!

After sending them back to Energizer for a free replacement coupon several times I realized that the GOOD batteries were MADE IN CHINA and the newer BAD ONES WERE MADE IN JAPAN! Figure that one out - exact same rating and looks except for the place where they were made.

My made in China batteries will easily last a whole year if not used!

Eveready finally sent me a complete refund with an agreement that I would not take it any further (by cashing the check)....! They said that the batteries are exactly the same whether they are made in China or Japan and now are ONLY made in JAPAN! Well the Japanese batteries are no good!

DURACELL's New Ni-Mh "Pre-charged" batteries are great and guaranteed to last up to a year if not used (actually I believe 85% capacity left)! They are great batteries and can be charged slow or fast without any problems...

Thank you Duracell!

Michael
N2ZDB

VE6BGM Rating: 1/5 Jun 17, 2008 21:24 Send this review to a friend
Poor quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Although I don't have the 2050 NiMh AA Cells, I do have the 1800, 1850, 2100, 2300 and 2500. Can't resist a "sale". I found all of these to be excellent on first charge and then they go down hill rapidly. Some outright died. Because of the spring rains we had in our area 2 weeks ago, I recharged all my AA NiMh batteries. After seeing this review, I tested all the batteries. I know that NiMh do not hold a charge well. However, most of the Sanyos still held a full charge. Five of the Energizer 1850 and 4 of the 2100 are dead. Most of these have been charged 50 or less times. Have switched to to Sanyo 2500 NiMh and they have similar characterics of the Energizer. But none have completely died, although a couple do not hold a charge well. It has been a year since I last purchased some NiMh and see that there are Sanyo Eneloop NiMh batteries available. Supposed to hold a charge longer than typical NiMh [if you believe the advertising]. Will have to look into these more.

KIL9HW Rating: 2/5 Jun 17, 2008 14:59 Send this review to a friend
Worked great at first  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using the 2650 mah in my Icom R5. At first these were great and lasted about 25 hours of constant operation. Recently they started dying out after about 5 hours. Now they wont even charge up enough to power the Icom. I know the Icom is a battery guzzler but these batteries have a very short life span. I had 8 total and all are junk now. STAY AWAY

KE4RWS Rating: 3/5 Jun 17, 2008 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Just Okay . . . .  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found these batteries to be just "okay". I purchased two sets of four (8 total) for my Radio Shack PRO-95, later upgraded to a PRO-96, portable scanner. I also tried using them in both of my digital camera's but they didn't last long enough to be of any real use in the camera so they were only used in the scanner.

Personally, I found the Rayovac line to be better than the Energizer's. I also purchased a couple sets of Duracell brand and they're still in use today. Bottom line is I didn't care much for the Energizer brand AA rechargeable batteries and I feel the less expensive Rayovac brand actually worked better.

KR9W Rating: 1/5 Jun 17, 2008 08:03 Send this review to a friend
Agree with previous review, wears out quickly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree, these 2500 mah batteries are made by a company that produces some of the best conventional batteries (and lithium too), but these stink! Of course they seem to be on the shelves everywhere edging out other brands that last much longer. I would say avoid these if possible as they will disappoint in the number of charge cycles. I have Radio Shack nimh that are 5 years old that are still working!