Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells Help

Reviews Summary for ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 1.8/5 MSRP: $$9.83 per 4 pack
Description: ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells Available at Walmart. After researching many, many NiMh AA cells, this is probably one of the best deals when you consider the return policy & price.

You can write your own review of the ENERGIZER 2050mah NiMh AA Cells.

K4DHR Rating: 3/5 Jun 17, 2008 04:56 Send this review to a friend
Work well at first, but wear out quickly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have about 8 of these (actually the 2500mAh version) and they're a bit of a mixed bag. They worked well for about the first year and a half I owned them, but have rather quickly lost their ability to hold any kind of a charge. For instance, I used to be able to leave these in my flash for weeks at a time with the flash off, come back and have the flash ready in maybe 2-3 seconds when I powered it back up. Now it does that only if they've been recently charged and then I'll only get maybe 3-4 flashes out of them before they're practically dead. They're only good for about 20 minutes in my old Radio Shack HTX-202 now, and that's if I don't transmit. I have some 1900mAH Panasonics I bought about 5 years ago that are still going strong. Unfortunately I only have 4 of those and everyone around here only sells the cheapo Energizers now.

WA6OWH Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2004 00:05 Send this review to a friend
Great current capacity  Time owned: more than 12 months
This new NiMH blows away all the others. You can find them at Walmart in this size and in the even more powerful 2300 ma capacity in packages of 8 cells for $15.95- WOW what a deal. I noticed Sam's Club evens carries them in the 8 pack for about the same price. Now on to the battery review:
Yes they really hold a great charge and I used them to run my Yeasu FT-817 for much longer than the standard Yeasu battery pack. The internal charger takes much longer to charge them but seems to do it with little trouble. Speaking of trouble ... my little NiCad charger was toast after trying to charge them so be careful that your charger is up to the current load.