Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Wavenode WN-1 PC controlled HF-UHF wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for Wavenode WN-1 PC controlled HF-UHF wattmeter
Wavenode WN-1 PC controlled HF-UHF wattmeter Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $190.00
Description: WaveNode uses your PC's computing power to provide the Amateur Radio operator with the precision RF Power, SWR, and DC measurement on four remote sensors. Easy setup and operation. Graphical presentation of data is intuitive and powerful.

More info: http://www.wavenode.com

You can write your own review of the Wavenode WN-1 PC controlled HF-UHF wattmeter.

W9CAR Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2007 12:51 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLANT PRODUCT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the WN-1 unit with one hf & one vhf sensor about 18 months ago and all is working just fine. I called AL the other day and asked for another hf & another vhf sensor so I could monitor drive and output on each station. His prompt shipping got my objective accomplished in less than a week and the system now monitors EVERYTHING PERFECTLY ! THANKS AL. GOOD SERVICE... GOOD PRODUCT. RALPH W9CAR

N5GLR Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2007 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Works FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Wn1 with 2 HF sensors about a week ago, hooked everything up per the instructions, and it works very well. I'm impressed by the computer display/software, the accuracy, and flexibility in the user programable data fields and functions.
It's much more than a watt meter and I've already found the addtional data useful.
I have 2 flat screen monitors running on my computer and it's very nice to have one monitor dedicated to the Wn1 display while keeping the other one available for other software such as my computer log.
I would buy another one and will likely add more sensors in the future.

VE2EWQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2006 11:03 Send this review to a friend
WN1 is more than a Power Meter!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this in the shack for over 2 years and it works great. I monitor the output of my 756 Pro 3, Amplifiers (1KW), 706mk2G (VHF) and Astron power supply all from the same unit. It's a great device that will allow you to converge your equipment to a smaller footprint. The power readings (both Peak and Avg) are very accurate. It also provides voice prompts for various readings. I've used it to plot SWR reading for across the entire range of my Butternut HF9V vertical. Does a nice job to enhance the utility of an otherwise ordinary power meter function. The WN1 is quite rare in the used market but jump on one if you find it. GL, 73's

VE3PRB Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2006 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Idea  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Works very well in my station. Saves desk space over a stand alone watt meter and puts my radio computer to good use. Some clarification is required over the previous poster as the WaveNode uses the computers PARALLEL port not the serial port. Even my newest computer (less than one year old) has a parallel port. A very nice product with a lot of expansion potential besides just an SWR, watt meter. Seems to give an honest reading too.

73, Peter

W2MSK Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2006 14:28 Send this review to a friend
High Tech!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
More than just a SWR bridge, it is a full function measuring device that provides all the information necessary to track the performance of your transceiver/antenna/power supply interface. Accurate information that can be tracked and displayed on your computer including an option to view the RF waveform on an o-scope. A wide variety of frequency and power modules can be ordered. Software is continually improved and available for download at no additional cost. Highly recommended!

LA9AKA Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2005 23:59 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of the smartest things I ever bought! And customer service is great too.

PY2BL Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2005 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The new UHF-2KW sensor is sensitive and accurate.
I've been using for about a week in 144Mhz EME and it works great.
The system can easily handle 1kw to 1.5kw with no problem.

Some of the most advantages for me are:
- true online reading (forward and reflected power at peak or average and swr)
- easy amplifier tune up
- monitor the amplifier's gain and linearity
- protect the amplifier's with alert or automatically dropping the transmitter's PTT circuit

Alan at Wavenode also have a great service and a good support.
I am very satisfied with the product.

73, Eduardo PY2BL

K9IGU Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2005 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Fantastic unit. Solid construction. Great software. Great support to any questions I had. Adding the RFView to the sensor made this great product and SUPER OUTSTANDING product. This is a 5+++++ product.

Jim - K9IGU
K9IGU@COMCAST.NET

W5DXE Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2005 23:05 Send this review to a friend
Best Unit Out There !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
By far this is the best. With the WN-1 unit and 4 sensors you can monitor 4 seperate areas of your station or 4 different radios. HF/VHF/UHF, 3KW 8KW on HF it doesn't matter. This one does it all. Not only does it monitor your forward and reflected power at peak or avg, SWR and keep a graph of it for you to compare you can even monitor your P/S voltage and current going to your transceiver. Alan has built an heir apparent to the much vaulted ( and now discontinued ) RF CONCEPTS VFD. In my opinion it blows the VFD out of the water. It is lightning fast and you have no display to ever burn out.
From the "lil shack on the prairie"
W5DXE

WZ5Q Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2005 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Extraordinary Device !!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a very well thought out and executed idea. The Wavenode is much more than just a wattmeter. It has a whole host of added features that come in very handy. I think this is the quickest Peak Reading Wattmeter around.
I use all 4 sensors for monitoring the output parameters of My Station. 2ea are HF Sensors, and 2ea are VHF Sensors. I have one before the Amps, and one after the Amps. They work Flawlessly.
Alan at Wavenode is wonderful to deal with. He really knows his products, and is not shy about helping out with any questions that you might have.
The WN-1 is the Best Wattmeter I have ever owned.
You will not be disappointed.

Take Care,