Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Arcom RC-110 Help

Reviews Summary for Arcom RC-110
Arcom RC-110 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $149 kit or $249 Fully Assembled
Description: The RC-110 is a new generation, microprocessor controlled repeater controller that is suitable for either Amateur or Commercial service use.
More info: http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/rc110.html

You can write your own review of the Arcom RC-110.

VE6CNO Rating: 0/5 Nov 18, 2005 18:49 Send this review to a friend
garbage  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
what a waist of our money, nothing but problems.

KC0GLA Rating: 2/5 Jan 1, 2005 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Have swore off this controler  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I luckaly did not purchase this controler, the club that I was building a repeater for did. It was prebuilt by the company. At first glance this looked like quite a controler.

Well after building the repeater I built a interface cable for the controler and verified my connections 3 times before installing it. The repeater was working fine only one problem. No curtosy tone, id or cw. But the audio through the controler was fine.

Well since this controler was new I decided to try the website for the controler. I found a newer update to the firmware and a reset file to reset the controler to defaults. The first time I tried to flash the controler acted worse than before. I then tried to flash using another file and thst one worked the same.

I then contacted the maker and asked for help. He sugested switching around some chips and questioned my interface. I tried switching the 2 op amps around and I already knew the interface was right.

After contacting him again he dicided that the controler had a problem. He would send another controler. After reciving the controler and doing a quick swap the controler would just key up the repeater. By this time I had it.

I then reported to him that I was done playing around and wanted a refund. I put on a NHRC-2 from the old repeater and that was that. I did recove a quick e-mail stating that I was correct and the controler had a bad solder joint.

The club recived the refund and still is using the NHRC-2 to this day.