Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC-235XLT Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC-235XLT
Uniden BC-235XLT Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $250.00-300.00
Description: 300 channel hand held trunking scanner

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC-235XLT.

N0VKG Rating: 4/5 Aug 27, 2007 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Oldie, but good.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got mine back on June 30th, 1997. I drove 25 miles away to get it. I live in St Louis City, Mo. And I had to drive to St Charles County, Mo to get it. This radio was the first of the TrunkTracker line. It taught me so much about how Trunk systems work. It wasn't cheap, but I live in St Louis City and wanted to once again monitor the City PD reliably. Its an oldie, but a good one. Mine still works even though it has not been treated well. Let's see, got mine in June of 1997. Its now August of 2007, my bc-235xlt is 10 years old.

KC8PPO Rating: 4/5 Dec 8, 2004 21:55 Send this review to a friend
Good beginning trunk scanner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this scanner for probably three years now. It was my first trunk scanner, and it has done well. Since it doesn't track EDACS systems, that is a big handicap. It's sensitivity, espically on VHF-Hi, is pretty good. It performs well. In trunking mode, when you're locked onto the system, and the signals is strong, it works well. However, if you're on the fringes of the system, the automatic squelch won't always kick in, so at the end of some transmissions you'll have just static for a few seconds. This problem seems to be exacerbated sometimes if the radio is hot, if you left it in a hot car, or have been using the internal charger, etc etc.

If you want a good beginner scanner to listen to a trunked system, this is good.

N1UMJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2004 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Great scanner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this scanner for a great price used a year and a half ago and since then I've used this scanner on 2 vacations, at the race track, around my yard, around the house, all over the place. It's easy to program, battery life is great, the stock rubber duck is much better then I expected, I've never had a problem with intermod or anything with it. In fact I'm going to take it with me to the race track with me tonight, the built in speaker is small but sounds pretty good considering.