Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Graciella Vertical Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Graciella Vertical Paddle
Begali Graciella Vertical Paddle Reviews: 42 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $490 + $12 s/h
Description: A dual-lever paddle with a vertical architecture to minimize moving masses. Gold and palladium plated components, sealed precision bearings, repelling magnets, gold contacts, micro-threaded adjustments of height, paddle spacing, contact gap, and return force.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Graciella Vertical Paddle.

K3ROJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2012 04:29 Send this review to a friend
Just right  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using this key for over a year and now wonder why I used other keys such as Vibroplex etc. This key is heavy enough to remain on the table without walking away and the adjustable vertical section is fantastic. After working a few CW contests, my sending speed now averages perhaps 35 WPM or more if needed. Once you use this key, you will never go back.

W5QM Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2011 03:08 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally got a Graciella key after a few years of using Sculptures and most recently a Sculpture Mono. I had originally waffled between the Sculpture and the Graciella, wanting both. The Graciella was worth the wait. It is as smooth as my other Begali keys and visually stunning. Now my only question is why did I wait so long to get one. I wonder what Piero has on the horizon for new models now.

AG6V Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2011 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Magnificent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had the opportunity to visit the Begali booth at the ARRL National Convention in Plano, TX 2011. I spent many happy hours testing all the paddles there. Mr Begali and his daughter were most helpful and friendly. Super fine adjustments are possible, the mechanisms are solid and effortless, and it is a beauty to look at as well. CW is my mode 99.99% and I have more keys and paddles than fit on the station desk. This is my most-used one!

K5ND Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2011 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Awesome key  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased my key on eBay. I'm delighted with the multiple ways to adjust the key: heighth and width of paddles in addition to the usual tension and contact gap. I've got the narrow base and find it to fit my fist just fine. The weight and stance of the paddle ensure that it never moves no matter how excited I get about the DX I'm working.

I also own a Schurr Profi that I adore, but the Graciella is the key I use and show off to visitors. I find it to be the perfect key for me. You can see photos and a discussion at http://www.k5nd.net

K6LEN Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2010 20:37 Send this review to a friend
SOOOOO Smooth!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently had the opportunity to purchase a previously owned Graciella from a ham that really didn't want to part with it, but was facing some financial challenges. Never having played with one before, I leaned on the many positive reviews here on Eham. You guys are right on with your comments about this paddle.

The look and feel is unlike any other paddles I have used or currently own. The weight and balance are perfect, and almost infinitely adjustable. Once set up to my liking, it took all of about an hour to realize that this is the smoothest and most effortless keying device I have ever used.

Because this paddle had the previous owner's call sign lasered into the base, I contacted Bruna (Piero's daughter) about purchasing a new wide Palladium base. She was most helpful, and after ordering the new (heavy) base, it took only 7 days to receive the package from Italy! I received a signed document with the serial number of the new base just as if I had purchased a new Graciella.

OK, long story a little shorter, I LOVE this paddle! Sitting on my desk, I am amazed at the beauty of this sulptured work of art. AND, it functions as beautifully as it looks. It even allows me to make fewer mistakes at higher speeds.

Thank you Bruna and Piero for assisting me in changing out the new base. Oh, as a final note, I sent the original base with the previous owner's callsign back to him with hopes that he will someday soon be able to purchase the top part very soon. I HIGHLY recommend this paddle.

VR2AI Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2008 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second Begali key, the brother of Sculpture key. I bought this Graciella Vertical Paddle for my IC-7700. It has fantastic outlook and smooth operation. The quality is at high standard. I request to engrave my callsign on this key since I am sure I won't sell it out. If you want to find an excellence key, this is your first choice.

Thanks again to Begali company.

Anthony/VR2AI

W6YDE Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2008 15:49 Send this review to a friend
The best there is!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second Begali set of paddles. The looks and performance of this Graciella Vertical Paddle, as shown above in header, is second to none. I can only compare it with a fine automobile like a Rolls or Benz. This paddle is a work of art. Not a single item is left to be improved.

After my first Begali purchase, I was so impressed with the Begali's service, emails and quialty... that I just had to have another. The feel of the movemet is very smooth. Adjustments are very fine and percise. Workmanship is the best that I have ever seen and the servce is second to none.

Paddles arrived in only 5 day from Italy, with Saturday and Sunday included. I don't know how they do it. The shipping box is very well made and reinforced. With all items double boxed with lots of extra packing around the inside box.

If you are looking or wanting a first class set of paddles and want the best, then spring for a Begali!

Mike/W6YDE

W2AVC Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2008 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Class Act  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality is very gratifying regardless what type of machinery it describes. Like the Signature, the Graciella represents some of the finest engineering and quality control I've ever seen. My hat is off to the Begalis for another outstanding product!
The action is wonderfully smooth and infinitely adjustable... a real pleasure to use.

WP4DQK Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2008 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Finest Vertical CW paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Begali Graciella is probably one of the finest iambic paddles ever made. Why? Because before Sculpture well defines design and selection of materials, Graciella was design to accommodate all needed operational adjustments that a good operator demands with well selection of materials, weight and finish in the uncommon vertical fashion. It is true that you need to play it for a time before find the perfect setting, but after this, you probably never need to change them or use another paddle.

In my case, I like it for the fine craftsmanship, well accomplish setting points and solid feel when sending. It is hard not to fall in love with this high quality product. When you sit down in front of it, you start feeling the necessity of use it, even using just the keyer without the radio on air just for the feeling...

What other say about the small base issue is true but this is a vertical configure paddle and one of the original Begaliís design consideration is the small size. One solution for the small base is changing the finger pieces for the bigger Begali offered. You can loose some nice looking touch of the white pearl covered finger ones, but gain a lot of comfort at use. You need to remember that vertical configuration make the relation of paddles arms to change when you use the upper or lower part of the finger piece and this also affect the paddle on use feeling. This does not happen to other not vertical paddle and you need to be careful with this. If your are very sensitive high speed sending operator, you probably need more time finding the correct adjust setting and finger position, more than with another non vertical paddle. This is a very different CW paddle and this is exactly what makes it the more elegant and hard to ignore one.

Finally, the business to customer relationship you received from Pietro and Bruna Begali are more valuable than the excellent paddles and keys they fabricate. You will feel very satisfy with this and your money well spend when you receive the paddle you select. Believe me; I have two of their products, also a Traveler Light.

PA1HR Rating: 3/5 Jun 16, 2008 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Not as good as the Begali Signature  Time owned: more than 12 months

I use the Begali Graciella and the Begali Signature for a couple of years.

1. The Signature IMHO has a much better click than the Graciella.

2. The finger pieces of the Signature are longer and therefore much better to handle during operations.

3. The base of the Graciella was too narrow for nice operations. Pietro changed this a while ago (it cost me a lot of money to obtain the new base), but the base IMHO still is too narrow comparing to the Signature.

The Graciella is much more expensive than the Signature, but not better at all.