Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Samlex SEC-1223 Help

Reviews Summary for Samlex SEC-1223
Samlex SEC-1223 Reviews: 144 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $129.99
Description: Switching Power Supply

Helpful RFI reduction mod by ZL2DF: http://www.n0ss.net/samlex_1223_rfi_mods_from_zl2df.pdf
More info: http://www.samlexamerica.com

You can write your own review of the Samlex SEC-1223.

KH7QT Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2011 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Just keeps on going...  Time owned: more than 12 months
There's not much you can write about a power supply...they either work or they don't. My 1223 has worked solidly for 6 years or so. It replaced a much larger Astron that took up desk space. The little 1223 is quite compact.

WA5NNV Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2011 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Reliable Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 1223 is four (4) years old and powers my Pro-3 and FT-7800 with no problems, no noise and has been a reliable product so far.

KG6EJT Rating: 4/5 Oct 19, 2011 10:32 Send this review to a friend
In-Service Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this little power supply for over ten years. It's never given me an ounce of trouble. I get no noise above 75m, which I don't have an antenna for anyway (I work mainly 20m and above). The noise factor at 75m and below is why I would give this unit a 4 and not a 5, otherwise it is FB.

GD7JWR Rating: 0/5 Oct 17, 2011 18:35 Send this review to a friend
cant use  Time owned: more than 12 months
The price and size is right but i think by saying you get what you pay for is very apt for this power supply.
I use the one i have in my vacation home in florida with a Ft-897, i find that the whole of hf is unusable with this power supply and basically its a piece of junk, i will be removing it next time on vacation and selling it on to fund a power supply that doesnt make more rf noise than my radio

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2011 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect power......  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 1223 and the 1235 in current use. They have been totally reliable and are well-built and quiet. They take up very little space and I believe that they are an excellent value for the money. I'm buying another 1223 for my son's new station in a few days.

K6CRC Rating: 2/5 Jun 1, 2011 21:08 Send this review to a friend
2 up 2 down  Time owned: more than 12 months
These are compact and stay cool under load. BUT, I have had 2 fail within 4 years. Always in my shack and used with a 100w transceiver.

First failed unit was under warranty, but it took 4 weeks to get a replacement. Second one, the replacement unit died right after the warranty was out. Enough for me.

Changed to a PowerWerx unit. Compact, clean, with good support.

K1YPB Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 10:55 Send this review to a friend
A very good Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine since 2004 when I got my TS-2000. Mine is the OEM version manufactured for Kenwood. These are very good, well made power supplies. Rock solid and quiet. So good in fact it inspired me to buy the Samlex 1235-M version (which has higher output and volt and current meters). I use my 1223 supply now as a back up supply for the shack and for my portable operations (a FT-817 and Tokyo High Power 45 watt amp). The nice feature of these supplies are they have a small foot print, so they can be up where the equipment is, and they have their power connection on the back panel, which enhances their use in a permanent installation. If you are looking for a good small power supply that is well made and does the job, consider this one as one of your choices.

NG0K Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine has been on 24/7 for almost seven years now and it powers one HF and one VHF rig. I just ordered the 12amp version to power a new 2 meter station I'm installing. Excellent supplies.

W0KIE Rating: 2/5 Apr 4, 2011 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Epic Fail  Time owned: more than 12 months
I occasionally use the Samlex 1223 power supply for SSB transmit but mostly it powers receive mode listening on a Yeasu FT 897. I don't hear any power supply hash in receive. The power supply is about 4 years old, maybe 5. Today tuned up for a minute or so with some PSK 31 key down transmitting running around 25 to 30 watts and drawing maybe 10 amps at most. That's when the power supply did an epic fail with several capacitors exploding leaving white goo on the circuit board. The Samex 1223 was good while it lasted. The moral of the story is don't let capacitors go bad with only light use. Just to be on the safe side I suggest you buy the 30 amp model instead of the 20.

W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2011 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these for two years and it keeps giving me great service.