Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Samlex 1223 Help

Reviews Summary for Samlex 1223
Samlex 1223 Reviews: 153 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $129.99
Description: Switching Power Supply

Helpful RFI reduction mod by ZL2DF: http://www.n0ss.net/samlex_1223_rfi_mods_from_zl2df.pdf
More info: http://www.samlexamerica.com

You can write your own review of the Samlex 1223.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2011 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect power......  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 1223 and the 1235 in current use. They have been totally reliable and are well-built and quiet. They take up very little space and I believe that they are an excellent value for the money. I'm buying another 1223 for my son's new station in a few days.

K6CRC Rating: 2/5 Jun 1, 2011 21:08 Send this review to a friend
2 up 2 down  Time owned: more than 12 months
These are compact and stay cool under load. BUT, I have had 2 fail within 4 years. Always in my shack and used with a 100w transceiver.

First failed unit was under warranty, but it took 4 weeks to get a replacement. Second one, the replacement unit died right after the warranty was out. Enough for me.

Changed to a PowerWerx unit. Compact, clean, with good support.

K1YPB Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 10:55 Send this review to a friend
A very good Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine since 2004 when I got my TS-2000. Mine is the OEM version manufactured for Kenwood. These are very good, well made power supplies. Rock solid and quiet. So good in fact it inspired me to buy the Samlex 1235-M version (which has higher output and volt and current meters). I use my 1223 supply now as a back up supply for the shack and for my portable operations (a FT-817 and Tokyo High Power 45 watt amp). The nice feature of these supplies are they have a small foot print, so they can be up where the equipment is, and they have their power connection on the back panel, which enhances their use in a permanent installation. If you are looking for a good small power supply that is well made and does the job, consider this one as one of your choices.

NG0K Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine has been on 24/7 for almost seven years now and it powers one HF and one VHF rig. I just ordered the 12amp version to power a new 2 meter station I'm installing. Excellent supplies.

W0KIE Rating: 2/5 Apr 4, 2011 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Epic Fail  Time owned: more than 12 months
I occasionally use the Samlex 1223 power supply for SSB transmit but mostly it powers receive mode listening on a Yeasu FT 897. I don't hear any power supply hash in receive. The power supply is about 4 years old, maybe 5. Today tuned up for a minute or so with some PSK 31 key down transmitting running around 25 to 30 watts and drawing maybe 10 amps at most. That's when the power supply did an epic fail with several capacitors exploding leaving white goo on the circuit board. The Samex 1223 was good while it lasted. The moral of the story is don't let capacitors go bad with only light use. Just to be on the safe side I suggest you buy the 30 amp model instead of the 20.

W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2011 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these for two years and it keeps giving me great service.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2011 06:05 Send this review to a friend
5 STAR  Time owned: more than 12 months
In use here for almost 5 yrs now never turned it off and never had a problem with it. I have checked for any RF on HF/6/2/440 using a FT-847 2/440 all mode,IC-2820 VHF/UHF/D-STAR and for HF/6m a FTDX-5000MP I do run a Samlex 1235m at the same time also.
I think I should show some RFI but the closest antenna for any band is 90' except for a 6m FM vertical for some repeater (linked) work.

OZ1DB Rating: 4/5 Jan 4, 2011 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Small efficient PSU Samlex 1223 CE  Time owned: more than 12 months
Since 4 years I have used this small compact PSU with pleasure, but in my summer holiday 2009 I found several noisy carriers in the 80 and 40m band. Distance between antenna and PSU was 3 meter!
Afterwards I found a good solution of the problem: two 1.5 uF polyester capacitors from each output terminal to chassis (ground).
You can see ”how I did” at www.oz1db.dk

W5TTW Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2010 09:06 Send this review to a friend
YAESU FP-1023  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine is branded as the YAESU FP-1023. From a technical perspective, anything that needs to be said has already been articulated in the preceding reviews.

I use it to power my YAESU FT450 & 857D. I'm satisfied.

KX7P Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2010 02:08 Send this review to a friend
GOOD COMPACT PSU  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my Samlex 1223 since 2004. I use it when I take my Yaesu FT-897D on portable operations. I've never experienced any problems and have not noticed any RFI issues like others have experience.

I believe it's a good quality, compact, lightweight and fairly priced no frills PSU.