Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Force 12 C4/C Help

Reviews Summary for Force 12 C4/C
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Conversion kit to C4
More info: http://force12inc.com/

You can write your own review of the Force 12 C4/C.

N0SSC Rating: 2/5 Dec 4, 2011 01:38 Send this review to a friend
Iced  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
W0EEE bought this antenna sometime in the early 2000's and loved it, especially it's wide tuning range, small footprint, and low wind load for it's range.

However, a storm dropped about 1/4" of ice, and with all that weight on thin aluminum, it snapped to pieces and fell to the ground.

Recommendation: Don't set up in areas where ice storms are likely.

K4PBX Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2011 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine new in 1998. It is up 35 feet. I run 100 watts, I do not even own an amp. I can not believe how many pile ups I get through on the first call. It is just an amazing antenna with nothing that could go wrong. Mo traps, no coils no nothing. I guess you could fry the 1 to 1 balum but that has nothing to do with the antenna. I have influenced many people over the years on purchasing this antenna when they were in the market for a beam. My only regret is that I didn't buy 2 of them at the time, I would love to have them 45 or so degrees apart to do relays. Now I cant afford one. Maybe I can find a used one some day....

KC0TID Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2011 11:38 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was NEW to HAM Radio, bought a used Force-12C4.
Had to lay this Big boy out on the ground, and figure what went where, the seller from Calif., took it all apart. (He could have slide each smaller element inside each bigger piece, to make it simple for Me). After a few hours, had it figured out and riveted. This Antenna weighs 38 lbs on a 18 ft Boom. (its really well made).
This is a linear loaded for 40 Meters, I set it where the former user had it,(could see small impressions where it was). It takes a big man to install this on a Tower laid over, (and I am NOT big and strong, had my son's help). My Tower is winch connected to a dead man with a good quality boat winch.(hence tower pivot's at the Base). I used LMR-400 coax, 2 lines coming down, 1 for 40 Meters only, and 1 for the other Bands. I made sure it was weather tight sealed up at the Connections of the Balun's. Once up..and coax all installed through a Common bonded (grounded) entrance network I built, and connected to a 4-way switch inside, then to the Kenwood TS-950SD Rig, I checked my SWR's real quick. They were good enough to make a few contact's on each Band. I installed a Dentron MT-3000a Tuner, and this was really easy to tune up, since I had a Kenwood TL-922a and a Commander AMP to load up into this antenna. I found a group to talk with, (feeding 300-400 Watts into this on 20 Meters), and did I ever get loads of Questions what I was using for a antenna. My ERP must have been close to limit, and I was talking all over this Planet..wow..! HIT the islands with common 20 over signals and up. On 40 Meters, with only one-(1) element, I could "HEAR" stations others could not, and It sits on a 34 ft tower, so they elected Me to be a central relay for them. I was very impressed by the excellent results. No TRAP's was the reason for selecting this Antenna. No maintenance, once it is installed..forget it, it's always good to Go and use. It will take a 100 mph wind. And 1 winter, I had 1 inch of ICE build up, and the elements drooped about 1 foot below normal position, and the went right back to their normal position, so it's very strong T-6 alum. (just like the say at Force12.) I only paid 320 bucks for this, plus shipping of 35 bucks to Kansas, and it was 5 years old and had been used on the water's edge,(within 5 miles of the Calif coastline), and their was not any evidence of that salt water air. This is one Happy Camper for buying this antenna, trust Me.
You want it..sorry..its not for sale...ha..ha
I think a new one is around 1,500 bucks...now.
This solved any 10 thru 40 Meter Antenna needs I had. I worked with 150 Watts out, from the Kenwood Radio, and with the Gain it has, you really do not need to use a AMP. And it works great on 17 meters also. If you can put up a tower, buy this Big Boy..you wont be sorry. OH, I bought this about 5 years ago, used for 5 years. I have the 8 element type, called C-4, and think they renamed it this past year. If I hear you, I can talk to you. CHEERS/Ron

W1NT Rating: 0/5 Jun 29, 2004 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Bad Experience - Force 12  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my force 12 C4/C conversion kit a short time ago. With hardware missing and holes drilled incorrect I was not too happy. 10 attempts to contact Force 12 to date and still no resolve.

I'll never buy an antenna from them again. Prior to this I was a huge fan( I own 3 other beams from them). What a shame.