Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Alpha 4510 HF Digital Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha 4510 HF Digital Wattmeter
Alpha 4510 HF Digital Wattmeter Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $745
Description: 1.8-30 MHz digital wattmeter that covers from 60mW to 3000 watts. Analog readings for forward, reverse and SWR with 4 digit readings for PEP, RMS and Delivered power.
More info: http://www.alpharfsystems.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha 4510 HF Digital Wattmeter.

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2015 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Quality Meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
My review is based on an Alpha 4510 watt meter I've owned for a few years. Cosmetically, it's a perfect match to the current line of Alpha amplifiers. The 4510 is a handsome addition to any station, and is for those that don't mind paying a premium price for lab quality accuracy in an attractive package. In contrast, for someone who simply wants to keep an eye on their SWR and is not too overly concerned with high accurate measurements, there certainly are much more economical choices available.

The 4510 is a highly accurate temperature compensated SWR/RF Watt meter. It will measure forward power RF in Average, Peak, and Delivered. Measurements compare favorably to other high quality meters I own, including a Bird 43, Bird 4304A, and a MeterBuilder MB-1. Ultimately, IMO the MB-1 is the best meter I own. It is more accurate under certain testing conditions, the MB-1 displays are also more informative, and it has the capability to be a more versatile measuring device.

Nevertheless, in regard to the Alpha 4510, as a high quality HF Watt and SWR meter. Operationally, it exceeds many other meters, and IMO supersedes the old standard Bird 43 line of meters in amateur radio station applications.

A few times, I've heard other ham's conversations on the air discussing the Alpha line of meters, and there is a bit of "sticker shock" when discussing the price. However, when considering that the 4510 provides nine ranges of temperature compensated Peak and Average measurements. The real value of the 4510 begins to come to light. A comparable purchase of a Bird 43P with nine similar elements, would certainly cost far more than $745.00 (current retail as of 7/1/2015).

To those that can really appreciate owning a high quality instrument in an attractive package. The 4510 is worthy of consideration. I have no regrets having one in my station.

WB5XX Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2014 08:08 Send this review to a friend
4510A Has 50MHz  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great looking wattmeter and very accurate.With the addition of the 50MHz it covers my needs well.Still pricey but worth the extra expense.

ZL1CDP Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2014 22:59 Send this review to a friend
Incredible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This meter is one of the best buys I have ever made. Just superb.
I have owned a number of Bird units, and the beauty, accuracy and ease of use of this unit is incredible. Well worth the money.

Well done Alpha !!

Chris, ZL1CDP

KK5XE Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2013 10:46 Send this review to a friend
love this meter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought the meter used, so it wasn't so pricey, but still a good deal at full price if you consider what it will do with no calculations or extra components. It can't be connected wrong and is protected from improper voltage, just plug and play and enjoy the large meter and numbers on the digital read out are pleasing to the eye. The 4510 is a great addition to my shack. Jamie kk5xe

KE5HTB Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2013 13:23 Send this review to a friend
supererb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I won this meter from W5KUB and his Dayton 2012 live on air deal. 1st off I would never make it to dayton ever being disabled and no income no chance. So watchingthrew Toms live video was awesome. 2013 was even better inside.

I love this meter it is way more meter then I should ever need, It is really accurate and stable.
What I like the most is seeing actual Delivered output and swr at the same time. having this info in front of you makes for 10x better tuning manually. you can tweak it so nice and squeeze every bit of power to antenna you can get.

Also it is built like a tank and should outlast me and maybe my SOn when he gets it passed along to him later on in his life.
This Meter outdoes ANYTHING I have owned by miles and miles. My Bird is not even a close 10th to this meter, just blows it away with all the functions available. So go buy yours now. you will never need another Meter in your lifetime.
ke5htb
Fred Rugar

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2012 04:47 Send this review to a friend
The Name ALPHA Says It ALL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I studied on this Meter for some time before making the decision to buy it but the functions made it a compeling reason for buying.

After having used it for a while with my Alpha 87A and the software for both of them I must admit this is the finest piece of test quality equipment that I've purchased for this low of a price considering all it does over a Peak reading Bird with a 5000H slug. Oh so much more.

This is a great buy and a awesome piece of equipment for anyone's shack.

W7AV Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2012 09:51 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my 4510 since they first came out. It's beautiful, and functions in more ways than I had expected from a wattmeter. Digital and analog I really love, the Peak Output setting tells you the real story on whats going on with your output power. Able to view forward power when you are measuring the SWR---so cool. It's more than JUST a wattmeter, for me, it's more like a station monitor. Love it---Love it

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2012 11:37 Send this review to a friend
Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Only had the 4510 hooked up for a week but you don't need much time to get hooked on this meter.

Great looks, accurate, and easy to use.
Couldn't ask for more.
Nice addition to my 8410 amp.

Wayne
K4ELO

VE7EPP Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2011 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Works and looks great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put this meter between my antenna and tuner since my radio and amp both have power and swr meters. It works great and I can see both sides of the tuner.

The reverse polarity protection and bi-directional coax connections are a great touch.

I especially like the auto off after about 15 minutes and it comes back on automatically when you transmit unless you manually turn it off.

The short peak power out hold is much better than watching an analog meter and trying to figure out what power out you are getting. This digital readout makes it easy.

It's no small puppy but the design makes it a pleasant addition to the station.

All in all, well done.

W9WF Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2011 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Typical ALPHA  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a wattmeter! I was part of a group on 75meters testing range for our local hospital along with 12 other hospitals. This was to prove that we could communicate when everything else failed. During our test a heavy thunder storm produced a lightning strike so close that it registered a (2) on the 4510. Of course I thought that was the end of my 4510. No way, it works just as good as the day that I placed it in line. When you purchase an ALPHA product you get value! Gary W9WF