Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | The Yankee Screwdriver 10-80 Help

Reviews Summary for The Yankee Screwdriver 10-80
The Yankee Screwdriver 10-80 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $$275.00
Description: 10 thru 80 meter Screwdriver Antenna
More info: http://www.mobilehamhq.com/

You can write your own review of the The Yankee Screwdriver 10-80.

W7EIB Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2010 10:59 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2! and they kick a$$!! And they can take high Power! and affordable!! just plain great!!!!

KB0IZJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2006 16:44 Send this review to a friend
hears & talks beautifully  Time owned: more than 12 months
Several years ago when I met NO 5 E at the Kadiddlehopper picnic I bought the #2 80-10 antenna he made and called the potatoe masher. Then a year after that I bought the 160-10 second of that one also. Last year I got the first 80-10 internal movement antenna. I have several different stingers and top hats that i use with them. As far as I'm concerned they are the best screwer dirver antenna made. I have had no mechinical problems with any of these. Good work NO 5 E.
Wayne, KB 0 IZJ

WG5B Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2005 04:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned an Origional NO5E 3" Screwdriver for almost 3 years now, the first 2 years it was mounted on my eighteen wheeler, and worked and tuned flawlesly, as long as you remeber to tune to your frequncy on the way "up". That is where most complaints come from. There is just enough mechanical slack in the mechanics of them, which is required to move properly, that if you tune on the way "down" road vibration will wiggle the coil down slightly, which results in detuning slightly. Always bring antenna below desired frequency, then tune up to it.. I now have had my Screwdriver mounted on my pickup bedside for almost a year still with no trouble.. I do not know about the new antennas manufactured by the guy in Iowa, as I said this is an origional made by NO5E

KB0USY Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2004 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Works GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my 3rd NO5E antenna I've got.Plus he reworked a old BB3 to do 10 -160.The 3" will work 10 down to 160.2"will work 10-80.Does not detune driving a 18 wheeler down these rock roads of Kansas.There are several guys out there that talk on the NO5E screwdriver.
Steve
kb0usy

KX5N Rating: 1/5 Jul 3, 2004 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Poor antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
10-80 would not perform as advertised. The web page claims "7 bands in the palm of your hand". They must have been referring to some non-ham bands. It does not even get close to 80 meters, not even 75 meters (with a 102" steel whip). It would not hold its tune on 40 while driving. I was constantly having to watch SWR and retune every 10-15 miles. This is not an installation or improper grounding issue. I returned the 10-80 and paid an extra $100 for the 10-160. I was equally unhappy with it although it would provide coverage as advertised. All in all this little adventure cost me $60 in shipping fees and a $50 "restock" fee. There is NO GUARANTEE from the maker you will be happy with this product (being unhapy will cost you an extra $50).
I bought a Tarheel after this money losing adventure. It works PERFECTLY! I hope I just got a couple of lemons...