Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Cushcraft AR6 Ringo 6m Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft AR6 Ringo 6m
Cushcraft AR6 Ringo 6m Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $107.43
Description: Cushcraft Ringo vertical for 6 metres
More info: http://www.cushcraft.com/

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft AR6 Ringo 6m.

K6PPT Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2016 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Great TX performance   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm running a split site 6 M repeater with this antenna on the transmitter end. 53.180 out. up 40 feet with 105 watts out of my Motorola PA using LMR 400 coax. I can hear it 30 miles solid on my HT laying on the work pick-up truck seat just to give you an idea. Of course in my own vehicle, I have a full-fledged 6 M installation obviously. This antenna has Low SWR, and is easy to assemble in little time.
I'm going to purchase a second one for the receive site 52.180
PL 107.2

Paul K6PPT Tucson, Arizona

K3TIM Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Easy Assembly - A+ Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Cushcraft must have fixed problems mentioned in earlier reviews. Instructions were easy to follow and complete. All hardware was included, in fact some extra SS washers / nuts included in case one drops one or two.
Assembled per instructions, set lengths of tuned items per table. Final tuning for frequency first set the overall length of vertical to minimum SWR then very slight adjustment to the ring tap point. SWR is 1:1 at tuned frequency and rises as one moves from the tuned point.

Performance seems good, able to hit repeaters at 25 miles even though antenna is 4 meters above ground level.

All in all - the product exceeded my expectations. Would buy again w/o hesitation.

_..--
k3Tim / 6

KY4TS Rating: 4/5 Aug 14, 2014 13:10 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: more than 12 months
The instructions left a little to be desired, but I managed to get it assembled and mounted on a temporary mast for testing in about an hour. I was worried about the quality of the parts as it seemed a little flimsy, Bit it has been up on the room for about 2 years now and is still working. The adjustment ring was the most difficult to work with. When finally assembled, it looked more like a football than a ring, but it was working. The adjustment arm slips easily if not firmly secured. Overall I am happy with it.

N1RIK Rating: 4/5 Feb 5, 2014 21:49 Send this review to a friend
Seems to be ok  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been running an AR-6 on my 53.150 repeater in North Carolina for the past year. It seems to be doing an ok job. I wish I was able to put a higher gain antenna at the watertank site, however seeing I had to mount the antenna on a mast connected to the railing of the tank, a heavier antenna would most likely make the 19 ft. unstable, and I needed to get the antenna about that high to clear the top of the tank. I was not pleased that the antenna was shipped to me bent... which I didn't even open the package until after 30 days from date of purchase. I was able to get the antenna bent mostly straight, but I figured it most likely was bent before it was packaged. With that being said, it does duplex well running a 6 cavity reject duplexer with a full-size pass cavity added to both the receiver and transmitter... also running an Advanced Receiver Research preamp in the combination.

73s,
Bill N1RIK
53.150 -/offset (PL 100.0 hz) - Aberdeen/McCain, NC

NA7CS Rating: 1/5 Jul 16, 2012 23:53 Send this review to a friend
Sub Standard Quality Control  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered an AR-6 and went to put it together tonight. Unfortunately, I am missing a lot of hardware from the bags.

First let me say ALL THE BAGS WERE SEALED WHEN I OPENED THE BOX. That should answer any questions about them maybe falling out. All but one screw (bolt) was missing, the lock nut was not included, washers were missing and a few other pieces of hardware were not included in the sealed bags.

This antenna was purchased new, still in the box with all bags sealed from a reputable dealer.

Having purchased Cushcraft products in the past, I have experienced first hand their quality and great performance. I currently have the AR-10 up that I purchased almost 20 years ago & it is still performing flawlessly.

I find it a shame that quality control has dropped since they were taken over. But then again, what else would I expect when they are run by the Mighty Fine Junk company.

This will be the last Cushcraft that I will ever purchase.

WA3UOO Rating: 3/5 May 28, 2012 17:31 Send this review to a friend
Works but not as built  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a follow up to my previous post regarding this antenna. Having finally received the correctly formed parts from Cushcraft (which required two phone calls) I was able to construct the antenna per the assembly instructions. The instructions sheet by the way was dated 7/93, so I had no real concern about the various build dimensions like the overall radiator length or the 75 ohm matching stub length.

The antenna was assembled exactly as instructed and I have built a number of Cushcraft and other antennas over my 40 years as a ham. I initially put the antenna on a 10 foot mast at ground level to get an idea as to where it was going to resonate. It was no where near the ham band, rather, it was doing a great job at 58 MHz. Just a tad above the 6 meter ham band. After moving the tuning rod as far as it would move toward the furthest distance it could be adjusted in the counter-clockwise direction, I got it to an SWR of 2.5:1 at 54MHz; still not good enough for my needs.

I ended up up extending the vertical radiator by a whopping 13 inches to lower the operating frequency and get the impedance below 70 ohms. By the way, I am using a Rig Expert AA-230 analyzer which was previously proven on other antennas. After putting the AR6 on the house and completing the full installation, the final figure for the antenna was 1.1:1 and 49 ohms at about 52.5 MHz. The 2:1 bandwidth is actually better than advertised; also a bit odd.

I don't understand why I had to make such a compensation in radiator adjustment, but that is what it took to get this antenna to work acceptably in my particular installation.

VP2ETE Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2012 15:06 Send this review to a friend
All in all the AR 6 is a great Vertical Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had my Cush Craft AR 6 vertical up a couple months now and is certainly enjoying 6 meters. I must say that this antenna does not take much time to put together. It is very good especially on the transmitting end where I have been getting very good signal reports from South America. There needs to be a bit of improvement on the receiving aspect of it.
However I would give this a 5 on 5.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2011 23:17 Send this review to a friend
No complaints..  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had this antenna up since the beginning of the year and when 6 meters cooperates, this antenna works wonderful. It has withstood a couple of fairly severe winter storms here in N. California so it's built very well. Fairly easy to put together and the quality seems a great buy for the price. So far a wonderful omni directional antenna for 6 meters.

KD6SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2011 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am very pleased with this antenna. The results have been better than I expected even after reading good reviews on this website. I installed it at 30 feet and use it for SSB operation. I have made many contacts with it over the last year or so and the reports have been excellent. The stations I talk to are often quite surprised to learn that I am only running 100 watts into a vertical antenna because the signal is so strong. I highly recommend this antenna for either SSB or FM operation, especially if erecting a beam is not an option.

George
KD6SX

WB1GXM Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2010 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Great vertical 5/5+  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simply put, great for local simplex and openings. New Hampshire to Missouri!
Oh yea Rugged, simple to assemble and use 1:1 swr, strong in bad wx.

Great job! Enough said