Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Elk Antennas 2M/440L5 5-element log periodic Help

Reviews Summary for Elk Antennas 2M/440L5 5-element log periodic
Elk Antennas 2M/440L5 5-element log periodic Reviews: 78 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $124.95
Description: 2M Gain 6.8 dbd (8.9 dBi);440 Gain 7 dBd (9 dBi);20 +dB Front to Back Ratio;24 Inch Boom
More info: http://www.elkantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Elk Antennas 2M/440L5 5-element log periodic.

KI6AOK Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2011 06:02 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the Elk for FM satellite work and it definitely excels! I love the ability to use PVC for the mast and fittings. I took the Elk out to a public service event working FM simplex and it did a terrific job on top of a "pruner pole" mast. Ray at Elk was quick to respond to a question I had...what more can you ask? Highly recommended.

K6MLF Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2011 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Saves my bacon!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I regularly participate in public service events in Marin and Sonoma Counties, hilly country just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Last weekend I was on station on the Pacific shoreline north of Bodega Bay, trying to hit (and hear) the repeater on Sonoma Mountain, 20 miles to the SE, and over a half-dozen ridges. With the 55w mobile radio? No luck. But using a 5w HT with the Elk, mounted on an 18' painter's pole? No problem. Same thing last month--in a hole near Muir Woods National Park. I could hit the remote input (I was told) to the K6GWE repeater, 10 miles to the NE and over three high ridges, including the shoulder of Mount Tamalpais. But no rx signal--not even a crackle. Again, with the Elk on the pole, full bars. This antenna has been assembled and disassembled several dozen times, and is still like new. Sturdy, easy to use, incredibly effective. Get one! The service and design is terrific.

KD0JWY Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2011 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Awesome little Gem  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hello all, This is KD0JWY and I use this antenna for many things. I use it to work both the FM and SSB amateur satellites. I also use it as a base antenna for both VHF/UHF and also change polarization to use SSB VHF/UHF. It works great, Lots of gain, I am able to hit repeaters with 5 watts 60+ miles away. It's very well made. Easy to take apart and to take down. If I ever need a replacement you betcha i will be another one of these. Definitely worth the money. 73's from KD0JWY

W6QT Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2011 00:36 Send this review to a friend
Well Made  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna was set up and tested at a height of 55' in the Republic of the Philippines in the Subic Bay area. The location of this antenna is a couple of hundred feet below the hills that surround me, yet when it is directed northeast it easily picks up Metro Manila repeaters with vertical polarization. The reports I'm getting are all positive. It hears very well!

This antenna can be assembled in less than 5 minutes. It is worth the $125.00 I spent at HRO.

W9CAC Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2011 17:45 Send this review to a friend
An Antenna for HOA's.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in a very severe HOA regarding antennas. My only option is my attic as there is nothing allowed on the roofs. Only dish antennas between 18 to 30" are allowed and are inspected by the board after installation.
Got this antenna back in February. Must say, it works great. For the first 2 weeks, I used it while it laid on my couch. Yes, I could hit 5 repeaters on 2 meters and about 8 all within about 30 miles from my couch. It is now in my attic on a rotator, even inside the attic, it has about 100 to 120 mile radius for repeaters now.
At this point, I plan on buying a second one for doing handheld satellite work. I tested it out before installing it in the attic, very promising results, that is why I am going to get the second one.
One thing for sure. Use the blue locktite on the threads to secure the elements. It is absolutely necessary.

KF6AOY Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2011 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the 2 meter/440 antenna from HRO for a portable emergency station. Glad I did! This
antenna is very light weight and easy to assemble as all the elements are color coded for
quick assembly. I live in the desert town of
Ridgecrest California and we are surrounded by
mountains so I knew I would need a good antenna to reach out beyond the mountains. Rolled out
the portable base station to a dirt field at the
end of my street to try it out. Wow, I was hitting several repeaters between 100 and 130
miles out no problem using a Yaesu FT-2900R
I gave this product a 5 for several reasons:
1. Great support from Ray at Elk Antennas.
2. The Antenna works great.
3. The price is very reasonable.
4. Quick and easy to assemble.
5. Light weight and great for portable use.
6. Found no other antenna that could do all this.

VK2MAL Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2010 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The ELK antenna is half the size and almost half the price of the Arrow equivalent!
Good signal reports on air when working the satellites and it has great receive performance. Found it to be much less cumbersome then the Arrow.
Ray from ELK antennas provides great service and support. Always responding to emails in less than 24hours. Received my antenna in the mail here In Australia one week after ordering it from Ray in the USA.

NH7YS Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2010 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: months
I appreciate the compact size of this antenna which I use portable for satellite communication. It doesn't get hung up on the door jams of my home or car when I venture off to makes contacts.

Ray responded quickly to a question I had about the antenna, so customer service is certainly something that Elk prides themselves on. Neat antenna!

WB6DJI Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2010 07:30 Send this review to a friend
Worked Hawaii from California nearly 4000 miles direct on tropo  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Worked Hawaii from California with ELK antenna on
144.170 MHz SSB direct during tropo ducting season. 4000 miles on a ELK Antenna direct !
Had only 30 watts ! Heard both the 144.170 and 432.078 CW beacons in Hawaii from California from
DM03 to BK29 7-31-2010.
Great antenna for portable use.
See the video via you tube to see Elk Antenna in action with contacts from California to Hawaii.

Se video

KA7CFM Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2010 17:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
A really great antenna I would recommend the Elk to anybody. A great antenna and a great price. Great customer service, but may not never need it.