Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Fritzel : FB-DO-505 Help

Reviews Summary for Fritzel : FB-DO-505
Fritzel : FB-DO-505 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1095
Description: 5 element 5 band trap beam ; 3 elements for 20,15,10 m , 2 elements for 17,12 m
More info: http://www.difona.de

You can write your own review of the Fritzel : FB-DO-505.

LX1AX Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2004 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Good and solid Beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have bought my FB-DO-505 in 1997 in Germany from Kurt Fritzel DJ2XH himself . The reputation of his antennas are simply : Working very well and mechanical solid construction . And of course the beam is like his reputation . Mine is not on a big tower but only on a simple tower over the roof of my house aproximatively 15m over the ground and 3m over the roof => so the location for the beam is not the best ( it were certainely better on a high tower ). What I hear I can work also without an amplifier because i have anyone . Also in the pile-ups . And what other people hear I also can hear it .
It has survived 3 storms with high winds around 140 km/h ; after the storms nothing was broken ,
everything was still O.K.
It outperforms all the verticals i had used before but I must tell it is my first beam I'm using and if I change it one day I'm changing it only because I want to experiment with something new .
I'm using the Fritzel Balun's witout no problems also , I had also no problem's with the traps until now .
The SWR is like the manufacturer say .
DJ2XH is now SK but he have making good beam's and the old hams knows that .
Hofi in Germany is now the first manufactory of Fritzel Antennas and they built them now but they have not finished there homepage and you find no Information about the beams on it , that's the reason why I have give you the homepage of Difona Germany where you find all the Infos you need . ( Webpage of HOFI : www.hofi.de )
One thing I must tell is that one late evening in the month of May this year , I have listened on 2o m band to an German ham close nearby which was using a 2 el. Cubical Quad and an FT 1000 MP MARK V ( the same rig like mine ) and I have heard all what he was hearing sometimes he heard one S-unit better but the most of the time with the same Signals and when I was becoming problems for reading he also had to ask several times for the callsign ( He worked stations from USA ). I couldn't believe it hardly because a Quad is a very good antenna .
If anybody have compare Fritzel Beams to others or want to know something from me about the antenna please write me an e-mail , you can find the adress in the QRZ.COM
73 LX1AX op. ALAIN