Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner
LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner Reviews: 89 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $219
Description: Low cost 1 to 125 watt autotuner (50W on 6M). 4000 memories, SWR and Power indicator, 2 position antenna switch, low power consumption, latching relays, interfaces for all popular radios and 160 thru 6 meter coverage.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner.

WD9GNG Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2017 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Still Great After 10 Years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the LDG AT-100Pro for over 10 years supporting the Yaesu FT-857 I bought at the same time. It has worked well with a 80-6 Carolina Windom and tunes well from 80-6 with no issues. I use both in the house and have been very satisfied with the tuner.

The tuner has a high quality build and has been reliable throughout the years!!!!

N5RNY Rating: 4/5 Apr 19, 2017 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Seems to work well if...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seems the reviews here are polar opposites, either good or bad.

Mine works fine at the home QTH, where RF in the shack is controlled by good antenna and station grounding and any common mode RF on the coax is controlled with a 1:1 balun at the feedpoint.

But in portable operations it seems to act up sometimes depending on the particular setup being used.

I suspect the owners who have trouble getting it to tune, might have RF in the shack that they dont know about, and the tuner mis-behaviour is an indicator of that. Try setting the tuner to 'semi auto' tuning and see if that lessens the problems.

BTW these work quite well with the interface cable for Icom and Yaesu. As a standalone tuner with no interface cable, its much less convenient when changing frequencies, but still usable.

KA4AFE Rating: 2/5 Mar 23, 2016 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great tuner!!! Tech support is awful! And insulting refused to sell parts always wanted unit returned for repair! What happened to helping the hams with repairing their equipment! Will never buy one again. Problem was shorted I/O input pin 6, told me my Fluke meter caused problem! 😖

MM0XXW Rating: 4/5 Jun 1, 2015 02:42 Send this review to a friend
Does what it states ....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I exchanged my MFJ-993 for this model as I needed 6m capability but have found no issues with it so far (touch wood).
It's tuned both a multi-band vertical and a OCFD with ease and no issues arose with either. The clacking on the initial tune is a little annoying however once confined to the memory function it's all plain sailing, fast, efficient and quiet tuning ensues thereafter.
I didn't give it a full 5 as I would like to have seen it handle a bit more power but then it would be called something else!!!!

W2NER Rating: 4/5 Apr 21, 2015 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Not bad, does the job  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had other tuners from LDG like the AT-1000 and IT-100. This does not do as good of a job across the band as the others I have had but still works well.

K6XR Rating: 2/5 Mar 1, 2015 21:16 Send this review to a friend
problems as well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My experience was exactly as w5jv. I was using a z11proII which works just fine. I wanted the lcd display so bought the at100proII. Big disappointment. IT would not tune the same antenna as the z11. I have sent it back to LDG. so far no word from them. If it works when it is returned I will update my review

W5JV Rating: 2/5 Mar 1, 2015 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Not What It's Supposed To Be  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I exchanged several emails with LDG Sales before buying this tuner. I was already using an ICOM 1710 with their IT-100 and very happy with that set up. It tunes a high SWR G5RV antenna flawlessly and has allowed me to work most every MARS frequency I was asked to report to. But, it sends a frequency location signal to the tuner and does not depend on a keyed down event. So, when it came time to service my old Yaesu FT-840 and then provide it with a tuner, I wrote LDG a few emails. They were responsive although curt and not very friendly. Okay, okay, they are not there to be pen pals. But they are there to THINK about our questions and make responsible responses. I was led to their "generic" tuners and the AT-100Pro II was the first up. After receiving my FT-840 back from the service center checked & aligned, I ordered the AT100 from HRO and within 4 days had the tuner. I attached a good ground to the xcvr & tuner and then simply moved my G5RV 's feed line over to the new set up for a first go. TILT. Did not work. With a power setting only 1/4 of the way up, the AT-100 kept throwing itself into "BYPASS" after considerable chatter that was almost like complaining. My IT-100 hardly ever makes noise. This was on 75 meters. So using my antenna analyzer I found a native SWR dip around 7220 and moved the frequency over there. No difference. TILT. A nearby ham followed me over and was able to hear me fine but the tuner could not handle 7220 at 1/4 power. I wrote LDG and they responded it sounded like I was trying to load an empty or vacant antenna input connection. There is only pos.1 and 2. 1 is the default where I was at. I began looking at other hams experiences and found at least two here on eHam net with an AT-100Pro tuner which would not work on 75 or 40 meters either. The only thing we can think of is that on initial engagement of the tuner, there is a high SWR causing a foldback of power onto the tuner which it cannot handle and at the same time tune. One other buyer exchanged his AT100 for an AT200 and claims the problem went away. Well, I am returning mine for now. LDG did offer to look at it from a warranty perspective but I think that they are aware of this weakness and simply expect the ham to use low SWR antenna's. SO MUCH FOR THE GENERIC WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO JUMP THROUGH LOOPS TO GIVE GOOD SERVICE. I'm disappointed not so much in this tuner as with LDG's Customer Service. What's the point of having an automatic antenna tuner if you have to have a low SWR tuned antenna to use it with? DUMB.

WM4RB Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2015 04:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use it to tune my Carolina Windom 80 OCF dipole. The dipole is setup as a flattop at 35ft. It tunes every band including 6m within 2 to 3 seconds. I couldn't be more pleased with it. It is a GREAT TUNER!

KK4VTC Rating: 2/5 Jan 29, 2015 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Good for some bands.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought mine via CheapHam. Supported equipment: Yaesu FTDX3000D, ZS6BKW multiband antenna. Ok, I bought this as an improvement over the FTDX's internal tuner. The LDG does a great job tuning bands the Yeasu's tuner already tunes. (Yes, I disabled the internal tuner when using the LDG...) However, the LDG will not tune any portion of 80m/75m and will not tune the low end of 10m. It will tune 40m, 20m, 17m and 12m beautifully where the SWR is less than 1.7:1. Big deal. The Yaesu internal tuner already does that. To reduce the rattle, I set the LDG on a small folded towel.

M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2014 14:33 Send this review to a friend
One of my favorites  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned many LDG ATUs including, Z-817, Z-817H, Z11Pro, AT-200Pro, YT-100, YT450, AT-897 and have had a couple of these AT-100Pro/IIs.

I have found them reliable, fast and so capable. I even ran PSK through one at 100w and after it had done cooking, it just carried on!

Cannot fault any LDG product I have owned yet - including their Baluns and the FT/FTL-Meter.