Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner
LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner Reviews: 89 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $219
Description: Low cost 1 to 125 watt autotuner (50W on 6M). 4000 memories, SWR and Power indicator, 2 position antenna switch, low power consumption, latching relays, interfaces for all popular radios and 160 thru 6 meter coverage.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-100Pro Memory Autotuner.

N4ZAW Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2014 04:54 Send this review to a friend
Neat,sweet, and petite!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Admittedly, I haven't owned this for long, but have used it over the past two years on trips around town and to nearby hamfests with my friend in his truck. It quit working back in December, so he sent it off to LDG for repair. Not being able to function without his little tuner, he upgraded to a the new LDG for his IC-7000.
When he got this AT100pro back from LDG (NO CHARGE TO REPAIR), he sold it to me. I love this little tuner! It's still "learning about my band usage", as they're known to do, but so far, it has been flawless.
I highly recommend this to anyone who would rather concentrate on their driving than the tuner as they cruise along.

VK4KL Rating: 0/5 Jul 24, 2013 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Waste of $$$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the LDG AT100ProII tuner new a month ago what a waste of $$$. An antenna resonant on 7.1MHz is a problem for this tuner at 7.2 MHz all I get is relay chatter and nothing else. Cannot get it to tune anything anywhere.

N0UY Rating: 4/5 Jul 23, 2011 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Great .... Then Dead  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned the unit just over two years. Used mainly on the field day setup and it worked good first year and half of the second. This year my daughter came out to see how it was going at the field day site so I powered down the rig and tuner for a break. 20 minutes later the rig would power up but not the tuner. Tried external power source still no life. Sent to LDG just before the 4th of July. No word back yet. Even no replies to my emails which seems pretty unprofessional to me. I worked in service department for 20 plus years with a manufacturer and we always responded to our customers. Time will tell. Hope it works out because I really liked the little tuner

DJ0ABR Rating: 1/5 Jun 8, 2011 13:43 Send this review to a friend
poor quality, poor tuning results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
maybe the worst tuner I owned in the last 20 years. Most of the time I heard the relais rattling and trying to find a match. The memory does not work most of the time. I replaced it with an MFJ tuner which does an excellent job on the same antennas.

N9US Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2011 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Super Tuner/Super Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this tuner feeding "Stealth" Inverted-L wire antennas shot up into the trees with a slingshot using my ICOM 735 (100 watts)on all bands 160 thru 10 meters. It ALWAYS FINDS A MATCH at under 1.3:1 SWR...and instantaneously after you "train" it. So far, in a little over a year, I've worked 236 countries and over 1025 DXCC Challenge countries using it. Unfortunately, I left it connected when a lightning storm came by. ZAP! Sent it to LDG for service. Got it back in a bit over a week (NO CHARGE!). SUPER TUNER, SUPER SERVICE! I'd buy from LDG again!

W7KOA Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2011 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have had this tuner for about a year.It has been doing a good job so far.It does make a little noise until it remembers the settings for various bands and antennas.After that you dont hear much noise from it.I really like the meters because they are easy to see with just a quick glance.I use it with my 706mk2g and have the icom cable so its a very neat setup.

73 Romel K7FRN

AE4B Rating: 1/5 Apr 16, 2011 07:29 Send this review to a friend
dont waste your money  Time owned: more than 12 months
i expected more from ldg-the reviews of this tuner by users seemed to indicate a great product. this, however, was not my experience. on any of my antennas(verticals-beam) the ldg-100pro would "tune" and indicate a 1:1 match but would attempt to re- tune during conversation. back to ldg--"unit checked out perfectly" .months later-same problem. this time their diagnosis was "stray rf". so i installed numerous rfi toroids -checked ground connections etc.-same re-tune result.i would believe this re-tune problem is a design defect.ldg seems to be in denial that the situation even exists. i am now using my standby mfj-949e tuner. i would NEVER buy a ldg tuner again. go with another brand auto-tuner.

NZ5L Rating: 4/5 Jan 1, 2011 09:51 Send this review to a friend
As advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It took a few weeks to learn the ins and outs of its operation. It actually has about a dozen settigs/displays. At first I was put off by the horrible racket, but the unit "learns from its mistakes" better than most humans. Bottom line: it quickly (actually, very quickly) and silently tunes any reasonable antenna to a low value of SWR. That said. I don't believe it would tune a mobile whip to any band - it is better suited to getting the most out of your multi-band dipole, vertical, tribander, or other real antenna with an impedance higher than 15 ohms up to perhaps 250. Used thusly it performs as advertised, and for TWO antennas. For what it does it is reasonably priced.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2010 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Keeps on Working  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been running this original AT-100 PRO for maybe 3 years... though I sometimes wished the instructions were a little less obtuse, the darned thing has kept running through - a Zero-Five vertical; 5BTV vertical; Gap Titan Vertical (didn't need much tuning); Alpha-Delta 80-40 dipole; W2AU trap dipole... and just keeps working. Sure it's noisy when it FIRST finds the sweet spots, but after that it tunes back quickly and without much more than a little grunt. Had to replace it with an new AT-600Pro when I added the Ameritron ALS-600 last month, but the end results are still the same.. .LDG just works, and keeps on working... bob kk8zz

Love the included ICOM and YAESU cables.,....

K7ULS Rating: 3/5 Sep 21, 2010 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Great till it fails  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just shy of two years and the smelly white smoke came out. Worked great on all bands and even 6 meters but today something popped inside and the Genie came out. Used it with a DX-EE and kept it unhooked during all elec storms so who knows?