Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ-133RC 12/24 Travel LCD Atomic Clock Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-133RC 12/24 Travel LCD Atomic Clock
MFJ-133RC 12/24 Travel LCD Atomic Clock Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: MFJ-133RC dual time zone LCD clock can display two time zones. Lets you read any two time zones in 24 or 12 hour format. Atomic-controlled for absolute pin-point accuracy! Features huge 1 1/8 inch high-contrast LCD numerals easily read from 6 feet away. Super compact 4Wx3Hx3/4D inches. Super attractive silver clock folds up and slides in your shirt pocket for great travelability.
More info: http://mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-133RC 12/24 Travel LCD Atomic Clock.

KG4NVV Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Ham Shack Clock  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this clock for several years now, and it has worked reliably for the entire time. It seems to stay synced with WWVB and has displays for two time zones, the larger of which (the main display) I keep on local time and the other I keep on UTC. The main display automatically changes when daylight savings time goes on or off, a feature I find to be very helpful. Another nice feature is that the UTC display does not change when daylight savings time changes, which means, for me, that UTC is always UTC! In addition to that, it also has an alarm. I almost never use that feature, but it is nice to have.

My only two beefs with this clock are that the second time display is a bit small and that it is rather hard to figure out how to set it, after inserting new batteries, without the manual. These are minor deficiencies and I wouldn't let them be a deal breaker!

While many of MFJ's clocks, judging from the reviews here on eHam, seem to be junk, this one most certainly is not. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality battery powered clock that can give both local and UTC time.

K4TEN Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2010 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Great clock!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After trying many others I found this one. It is a great clock! Right size, good display, perfect time keeping, right price. Easy to see local and UTC time at the same time. It shows seconds too! The batteries ,last a LONG time. It syncs with the time signal well. It is not intuitive to program but that is no big deal.

Program tip: The long horizontal bar below the display is a switch, the left side of the bar is the down function, the right side of the bar is the up function (i.e. dont press on the arrows, instead press on the LONG bar ends)

Well worth the price! I don't often do this however I think I will purchase another one to put away in case this one ever fails!! Mine sits at the base of my pc monitor and I use it every day!

VE4DX1SMA Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2006 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Great little clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This little clock is a great addition to my shack.

I will say the instructions are a bit vague but if you go slowly step by step it does set up well.

The Larger readout of the two time zones is best left as local time while the smaller time desplay is gereat for UTC/GMT. The larger readout has the seconds displayed as well as hour and minutes. Great if you are hunting stations that ID on the hour.

The best part is that every day around 2 A.M. local time the clock resets itself to the exact time. With the dual display in exact sync you always have the exact time.

The clock uses 2 AAA batteries and folds shut if you want to take it with you. The cover folds back to act as a very stable stand for the radio room.There is an alarm that you can set.

I feel its worth the cost.

KD5MDO Rating: 4/5 Jul 13, 2004 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Good for use in space limited shack and portable ops.  Time owned: more than 12 months
After returning two MJF battery operated wall clocks that never kept the correct time, I decided to trade for a small atomic clock to set on my rig. I have found this little clock to be convenient since I only have to glance up to see the time to log it during regular QSO's and contests. It's also small enough to slip in your pocket, bag or purse and take along with you and includes an alarm. It can be back-lit by depressing the snooze button; you can set two time zones on it - I use mine to set local time and UTC time both in 24 hour format. The local time numerals (time 1) are large but the second set of numerals in the upper right hand corner (time 2) could be larger. The numerals counting the seconds under time 2 are larger and I feel it would be better if it were the opposite. I owned the clock for almost a year before having to replace the two AA batteries.

On the downside, the instructions are not clear....it took me several days to figure out how to get the alarm to quit going off and an hour to figure out how to set the time again once I replaced the batteries. It sometimes does not want to sync with WWV here in south Louisiana.

All in all, a decent little clock for portable operations, traveling or for space challenged shacks.