Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | M2 20M4DX Help

Reviews Summary for M2 20M4DX
M2 20M4DX Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $529.00
Description: 4 element 20M yagi on a 35 foot boom
More info: http://www.m2inc.com

You can write your own review of the M2 20M4DX.

K0KS Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2008 21:08 Send this review to a friend
It Survived Hurricane Ike !  Time owned: more than 12 months
This beam survived IKE and the anemometer just below it lost it's cups at 108 mph. It was pointed East which probably helped and ended up slipping about 20 degrees on the mast but there is no apparent damage, the SWR is good and it still works as well as expected with no sunspot activity. Those 4 elements must have been complete horseshoes and that's what saved it. It seemed a little underdesigned when I was assembling it and I thought to myself that it wasn't a Mosley but I am very satisfied now.

W8PT Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2004 19:21 Send this review to a friend
great 20M yagi  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned the M2 20M 4 el yagi for about 5 years. I currently have it at 65 feet high out in an open field. This unit is very mechanically sound, tunes great (across entire band) and has never failed. Materials are first class. M2 customer service is very good - Mike is very knowledgeable antenna builder. My DX totals on 20M are 310 CW & SSB. I recommend M2 Yagis! 73 Rich

KI7WX Rating: 4/5 Dec 1, 2000 09:10 Send this review to a friend
Very good 4 element 20M yagi  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
There is not a lot of info on eham regarding the excellent DX series yagis from M2 so here is a review of the 20M4DX. I'm giving a rating of 4 rather than 5 because I don't believe in grade inflation. Overall this is a very good product, I currently use two 20M4DX yagis in a stack. The 20M4DX is a 4 element 20M yagi built on a 35 foot boom - a good length for 20M and superior to 4L 24 foot designs. It will cover the entire band with good gain and F/R figures. I found these yagis to be both easy and intuitive to assemble (easier than Hy-Gain or Cushcraft HF antennas for example). The manual was consulted only to set element distances and to check lengths. All tubing except the element tips came predrilled and tubing was cut and drilled cleanly and deburred. I particularly like the element to boom mounting clamps. These are CNC machined clamps using two 1/4-20 SS bolts to secure the element in place. This is super when assembling beams on the tower as some of us must do. The clamps only use only one bolt to attach to the boom and this needs to be tightened securely or the elements may twist. Matching is done via hairpin with a big choke balun. This antenna uses a simple truss which is made of Dacron rope. I would replace this with Phillystran if it should ever fail but the Dacron line does appear to be sufficient. Initial operating impressions are very favorable, and although not perfectly controlled experiments, testing with stations in the western US shows approximately 25 db F/B and gain over a dipole at 85 feet. If you are shopping for HF yagis take a look at the DX series from M2. 73, KI7WX/4