Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Daiwa RF-440 RF Speech Processor Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa RF-440 RF Speech Processor
Daiwa RF-440  RF Speech Processor Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: RF Speech Processor, inserts between microphone and transceiver input. Increases overall loudness and punch of transmitted signal. (No longer manufactured). QST review April, 1979.

You can write your own review of the Daiwa RF-440 RF Speech Processor.

W6KM Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2011 13:56 Send this review to a friend
The old is new  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and used this unit for about 15 to 20 years. It is really useful for rigs that do not come with a built in RF speech processor. Even some of the earlier rigs that only came with audio processing, such as the Kenwood TS-120's and TS-130's. Let me tell you on the air with the RF-440 properly operated and it is hard to tell that your not running a $$$$$$ rig. I keep mine for use with my backup TS-130S. Makes a great setup. I see that Ten-Tec is now producing a similar unit so I have to guess there is a demand that Daiwa is not filling. If you find one and have an older rig, you don't have to spend $$$$$ for all the outboard add on's that are now being pushed to make the expensive rigs sound like AM. I agree the instructions are a bit flaky but it is simple to set up on the air.

K0IZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2005 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Great RF Speech Clipper - Buy it.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hard to find, but worth it. I'm using with a KWM2A, which of course doesn't have any processor. I set up according to the (poorly written) instructions, and spent quite a bit of time on the air testing various settings. What I found is that if operated per instructions, absolutely no deteriation in quality of audio (spec is less than 3% distortion for 20db clipping!). And average output is much higher. Did what it was supposed to do. Highly recommended.