Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-862 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-862
MFJ-862 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $$54.95
Description: VHF/UHF 144/220/440 SWR/Wattmeter
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-862

You can write your own review of the MFJ-862.

W7DCF Rating: 3/5 Dec 1, 2011 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Just OK  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used this meter for about a year and was feeling confident based on the Forward power readings. After some SWR issues, I noted that the SWR readings were only in the ballpark if you were providing a power level near maximum for the used range. At least 20 to 25 watts for the 30 watt range. Than my not be much of a liability for many, but if you're working with a handheld this is not what you need.

AE6ZW Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2011 10:56 Send this review to a friend
I like it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
my MFJ-862 works good, power reading is about same as other meter I have. I like dual cross meter I posted pictures at my web site http://aa7ol.no-ip.info/files/MFJ-862-VHF-UHF-SWR-WTS-meter/

N3TU Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2010 00:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this for a while and can't complain. It serves me well when I check my swr's in the car. I use it all the time in the house. I've dropped this a few times and it is still calibrated on the money.(I checked it against another meter.) This one's a keeper.

W2MSK Rating: 4/5 Feb 11, 2005 05:33 Send this review to a friend
It Works OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm not a fan of MFJ, most of my experiences have been poor. Several exceptions include this meter. I use it mobile and it endures the cars vibrating and the wide swings in temperature here in the Northeast. After 2 years it still provides an accurate (compared to my
Bird 43) reading. I'm most concerned with SWR and loose antenna connections. This meter insures I don't blow my expensive tri-bander.

NE0P Rating: 4/5 Aug 25, 2004 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Seems to work good for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of these meters for over 5 years now, and it seems to work just fine. The forward power reading appears to be accurate when compared to more expensive meters. The SWR meter reads a little higher than the internal meter in my FT100D, but still gives a good indication of overall SWR.

For the price I paid, I have no complaints. Still get it out every time I get a new VHF radio, amp, or antenna. Seems pretty solidly made also.

KE5APN Rating: 4/5 Jul 17, 2004 03:10 Send this review to a friend
Good compact SWR/Wattmeter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this up at Ham-Com in 2004. It is a good basic, compact, and portable SWR/Wattmeter. I have been pleased with the results. Case is metal construction, power selector is firm in the selected positions. Feedback from tests seems to indicate it is accurate. All in all, worthy of having available for shack or jump box.

73s