Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | M2 7-10-30LP8 Help

Reviews Summary for M2 7-10-30LP8
M2 7-10-30LP8 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,418.00
Description: 8-element, 7-band Log-periodic beam
More info: http://www.m2inc.com/

You can write your own review of the M2 7-10-30LP8.

NZ3O Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2002 21:11 Send this review to a friend
M2 LP8 Skip Log Periodic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the version of this antenna that includes 40 meters.
I was very surprised at how large this atenna is,
but it gets great reports on all bands, especially
on 17 meters, which happens to match its height.

High wind location here and it sometimes rocks back and forth, but turning it into the wind fixes
that.

It's a little weak into Asia, but that could be the hill I have in that direction, too.

K6RIM Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2001 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
QTH is atop a 1,000 foot hill, which occasionally gets some serious wind. By serious. I mean gusts as high as 100 mph. Beams with rivets simply do not last through the winter (gave up on riveted beams after two suffered the same fate).

Around two years ago, put up the M2 7-10-30LP8 and an Orion rotor. The log (and rotor) are built like a proverbial battleship, and have easily survived some brutal weather conditions.

Additionally, I am extremely pleased with the results achieved with the log. And it's great to have real gain on the WARC bands. 40 meters plays very well, although gain is nominal.

Finally, customer service couldn't be any finer than you will receive from Mike and Matt Staal and their associates. They quickly respond to your needs and make sure that any problems are resolved.

I highly recommend M2 and its products.

N3SKO Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2000 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed (with a lot of help) an M2 log for my Army MARS/SHARES station. The picture above was taken at my location. The bandwidth of the antenna is a great help, especially in Automatic Link Establishment mode. I feed it with a Harris RF-350K transceiver and RF-355 500 watt linear. The RF-355 tuner has no problems matching to the M2 HF log.

It has withstood some pretty good winds. The only problem that I have had was with the rotator.

Assembly was reasonably straightforward, although the manual could have been better. It was complete, which says a lot for the manufacturer's QC. LOTS of small hardware, but didn't need to make a single trip to the hardware store.

I will definitely look at M2 for my next beam.