Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Penninger Tipper Help

Reviews Summary for Penninger Tipper
Penninger Tipper Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $329.95
Description: A portable tipping base for your mast. designed with Home Land Security Emergency Communications in mind, this base is intended to deploy rapidly in the field. The folding legs adjust for uneven terrain and fold up for compact portability. The Mdl-36 is designed to handle a 36 foot mast with a vertical antenna on top. The optional mast clamps have a convenient mounting hole for guy wire connection. Also great for FIELD DAY or camping.
Light weight & rugged
Highly portable
Deploys rapidly

More info: http://www.PenningerRadio.com

You can write your own review of the Penninger Tipper.

AB9UU Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2013 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Recent user report  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought of these for use on vacation. It is solid as a rock and easily adjustable. I plan on buying another of their tilt mast products for a new vertical antenna I plan on putting up this spring.

WH7W Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2012 02:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product/Personal service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Review is overdue, but I finally got to use part of the Tipper System I purchased more than a year ago. As mentioned in other reviews, Charles was there to answer questions and provide custom tubing sections.

Quality is outstanding. All tubing/snap tubes are deburred and machining/fit/finish is first class.

This has got to be the ultimate, stable-compact-portable mast for Field Day, EMCOMM, etc. that one person can rapidly deploy.

WF7T Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Beyond expectation!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was not really aware how well these poles are machined until I received my product. I ordered a set of snap tubes, snap connectors and guy rings. I asked for the bottom and top tubes to have custom swagged to add another 1/8" wall thickness (1/4" wall in total for 6" into top and bottom tubes for increased clamping strength.)

The snap connectors are machined perfectly with heavy-duty spring assemblies for the stops. Each connector snaps into very subtly machined tubing with very close tolerances for a perfect fit. The guy rings are thick aluminum with a heavy plastic insert to allow the tubing to rotate.

My application is 33' snap mast (guyed by 1/4" dacron ropes) supported by a Glen Martin 4-foot roof tower (on concrete piers). Rotated at the base by a CD-45. Antenna is a wire yagi of my own construction similar to the Optibeam.

This is an outstanding support pole!

N2DY Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2011 11:52 Send this review to a friend
High Quality Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Tipper is a really neat product and it is very well made. I purchased it to support a ZeroFive 10-40 vertical antenna. It makes for a very solid base. It was very easy to tip up the 27+ foot ZeroFive vertical plus some heavy duty masting. It made it a one man job. The Tipper is a clever product and I can see how it would be a portable operator's dream since it folds up into a compact and reasonably light-weight package for transport.

I have purchased Peninger products previously and am not surprised that the Tipper lives up to the same high level of quality that I have seen before. You can't go wrong with the Tipper.

AB5EQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2010 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Completely Satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Tipper along with some mast and clamps in February. Due to inclimate weather and other obligations, I`ve just now used the Penninger products to put up a 10-40 vertical.
Charles was very helpful and patient with me as I tried to decide on what I needed. And man, are his products built to last!!
Great products and great service.

Melvin, AB5EQ

N9XHL Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2009 06:51 Send this review to a friend
33" Tipper Package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recieved the 33" Tipper Package and was immediately impressed with the craftsmanship of this product. No sharp or rough edges; everything fits well. It's also obvious that these components were designed to last under whatever punishment or harsh treatment given. The ability to stand this mast up by myself is also a big plus for me. Could not have asked for better service. You will never see my Tipper Package on E-bay, this thing is a keeper!! My future plans are to get involved in public service emergency communications. I'm sure this mast will see lots of action. I agree with a previous reviewer, once the ham radio community sees what a terrific product this is, the waiting list is going to be huge!!! Thanks Charles@Penninger Radio for an awesome addition to my ham radio gear. Dave N9XHL

WA6RZR Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2009 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Antenna experimenters dream come true.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a piece of well thought out work! Engineering & machining state of the art.
I bought the 33 foot snap tube Tipper package
& have tested 3 experimental antennas on it to date( 2 failures & one success hi).
My advice, get one now before the Ham community
picks up on this masterpiece & like Steppir, be
put on a 3 month waiting list.
WA6RZR

KG6YRG Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 19:31 Send this review to a friend
A very sturdy mast system  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This mast system is what I've been looking for. It's transportable, well-built, easy to erect, and stable when up (freestanding on tire base up to 25 ft, and with guys when extended higher than that). Also, I'm pleased with the good service and prompt delivery that Penninger offers.

KC9FQV Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2007 07:06 Send this review to a friend
The "Tipper" system for EmComm and Public Service use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Our ARES group in Kane County, IL recently had 2 opprotunities to use the Penninger "Tipper" system along with the new "Snap Tube" masting.

The first use was at the Fox Valley area "Tour de Cure ride to benefit the American Diabetes Assn. We used the Tipper with 20' of mast made up of the Snap Tubes(unguyed!) to hold a Diamond Tri-band vertical. It worked great, and was strong and steady.

We also provide communications for the Fox Valley Bike and Ski Club during their annual "Swedish Days" invitational ride. Imagine 800+ bikers, 80-90+ degree heat...and 6 SAG vehicles to keep track of! We decided to try APRS this year, and we needed something to get an antenna HIGH in order to get clear signal around the whole course (the longest was 124 miles!). We again had the chance to use a "Tipper" base and 24' of "Snap Tube" mast to support a Diamond tri-band vertical antenna.

It worked just as advertised! I cannot say enough about Charles's system. The components are well-made, precision-machined and fit together perfectly! I thought they were kidding when I was told that it could be set up and walked up by one person. They were right! The components are made to last, and while not the cheapest, they are worth the money and the best!

The system assembles and deploys quickly, is rugged and reliable. The Penninger system should be looked at seriously by ANY EmComm group looking to put together a quality, sturdy portable antenna system for Emergency and Public Service use.

Eric Lorenz, KC9FQV
Emergency Coordinator
Kane County (IL) ARES

N9QDS Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2007 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Pinninger "Tipper" Antenna Suport Structures  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Penninger Radio manufactures quality portable easy to assemble and take down antenna support structures and accessories for amateur radio and others like, security cameras or other products needing a support system to securely hold them. I bought and use his Tipper system with 40 feet of mast and am able to adapt it to many different configurations. I purchased the Tipper that you drive a car tire on a aluminum 10”by 24” ½ thick support plate. I have also used the trailer tongue support jack to hold down the Tipper. I am going to get the four legs that mount to the side that fold out to support it with out a car tire on it. Both the side legs and the car tire plate can be installed on the Tipper without interfering with each other (Dual Purpose) for different support configurations. The mast setup I have is 40 feet (with support guys) and can hold up a 5 element 6 meter Beam and can be rotated using the slip guy support rings and a rotator mounted at the bottom right above the Tipper. I have also supported simple dipoles antennas with a 4-foot piece of fiberglass military mast mounted at the top as to not affect the SWR of the antenna with the aluminum mast. You will need a collar adapter for the military mast, as it is 1.785 Dia. And the aluminum mast is 2.00” Dia. Penninger Radio also has the adapters for this. It takes one person to tip up the mast assembly (2 people with a 6 meter beam on it) and only one person to set up the whole thing. This whole product line is well thought out using a CAD system to make sure everything works with everything else. He uses quality materials and stainless hardware, his machine shop uses a 3-axis Hans CNC mil to produce all his hardware I rate this 5 out of 5. I have no connection to Penninger Radio other than I use his stuff and it fills a niche