Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Penninger Tipper Help

Reviews Summary for Penninger Tipper
Penninger Tipper Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $329.95
Description: A portable tipping base for your mast. designed with Home Land Security Emergency Communications in mind, this base is intended to deploy rapidly in the field. The folding legs adjust for uneven terrain and fold up for compact portability. The Mdl-36 is designed to handle a 36 foot mast with a vertical antenna on top. The optional mast clamps have a convenient mounting hole for guy wire connection. Also great for FIELD DAY or camping.
Light weight & rugged
Highly portable
Deploys rapidly

More info: http://www.PenningerRadio.com

You can write your own review of the Penninger Tipper.

KAF8152 Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2007 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Tipper Junior, TJ-200, simple, economical  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If your looking for simple, practical and cost effective designs, look no further than Penninger Radio. Just received the Tipper Junior TJ-200 and I love it. This is a economical version of the tipper which will serve you well. Add his practical mast clamps, post mount brackets and other accessories and your good to go. Look him up on the web if you cant wait until the next ham fest. Looking forward to seeing his displays at Dayton this May,

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2007 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Why Didn't I Think Of This  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a great idea, well designed, well built and very easy to set up and use. Can be used as a support for a push-up tower or mast, for a small beam or as the end supports for a dipole. I would expect these would be "the" antenna support for portable use or field day.

I'm going to buy another, what better endorsement is there.

N6NKN

KA6AKH Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2007 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Like having a helping friend on the roof.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought a Roof Tipper at Dayton in 2005. Raising and lowering the mast with 1.25m, 70cm, and 23cm yagis, along with a diskcone at the top is a snap. No unwieldy balancing act anymore, just a nice easy tilt. The previous roof helper, my wife, is happy too! Have had great support for accessories as well. Recommended highly.

Don - KA6AKH

NV7E Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2005 03:03 Send this review to a friend
The ultimate solution for CC&R problem situations!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For years I was looking for a portable but solid mast base for use with telescoping masts supporting multi-band antennas on DXpeditions. More recently I wanted a heavy-duty base for use with the Traffie Hex-Beam and the Traffie HDX-30 telescoping mast at my new QTH in South Africa. I found the Penninger P-24 "Tipper" mast base to be the best solution for both these requirements. It folds up for easy shipment but in just a couple of minutes is transformed into a really stable base capable of holding the Traffie 30' mast on its own while guys wires are being set up. It is called the "Tipper" because just by removing one bolt you can tip your mast down to ground level. This must be the ultimate solution for CC&R problem situations! I use another Tipper with an unguyed Cushcraft MA8040 vertical, which I can easily lower in the daytime in deference to the neighbors.

You can tell right away when you first set up the Tipper that it is a really high quality product and it made to last. To get a few extra feet of height, I used a Penninger mast clamp to add 4' of aluminum tubing between the Tipper and rotor in my Hex-Beam installation. Using the Penninger mast clamps with 4' sections of tubing is an excellent solution for transporting a mast in the trunk of a car. I will use them with a Tipper for DXpeditions to nearby countries in southern Africa. I think the Penninger Tippers will be an integral part of my Amateur operations for years to come. ZS6SIG

N8JBO Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2005 06:20 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Portable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simplicity and quality workmanship are the hallmarks of this wonderful antenna tipping base. Aluminum built for masts up to 40 feet, the base has four legs that open out to 65 inches, and optional mast clamps have a convenient mounting hole for guy wire connection. Yet the base folds up or stows to a tiddy 9" x 9" x 44." The tipping base's simplicity comes into play when putting it up, as I do by myself with 25 feet of mast with a Arrow Antenna's dual band OSJ 146/440 J-Pole antenna attached. The result simply put; I'm one happy camper and my "GO" kit is much improved! While portable, the Pennington can be used as a temporary base when your tower goes south on you.