Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Maldol EX-107/EX-107B Help

Reviews Summary for Maldol EX-107/EX-107B
Maldol EX-107/EX-107B Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $56.95
Description: Dual band (2m/70cm) mobile antenna with PL-259 base, coreless coil" AND "24K plated center conductor and coil, 1/2 wave on 2m, 2x5/8 wave on 70cm
More info: http://www.maldol.co.jp/maldol/p1.html

You can write your own review of the Maldol EX-107/EX-107B.

K6CF Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2012 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Dual Band Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first purchased one of these fine antennas in conjunction with a trunk lip mount for my car. When I checked the match, I was surprised to see that it was perfectly flat at 146.865. I used a Bird watt meter and a 5 watt element with 50 watts going into the antenna. The amount of reflected power barely caused the needle to quiver. Other dual band antennas that I tried did not work nearly as good as my EX-107. I liked this antenna so much, I purchased a second EX-107B (NMO) and mounted it on the roof of the car. I got the same flat match and outstanding performance as my first EX-107.

I have used over 25 different mobile dual band antennas over the years. My experience has shown that the EX-107 is a rugged, well made antenna that delivers excellent performance on both 2 meters and 440. I cannot think of an antenna that performs better.

WP4OEK Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2011 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Really nice antenna !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using the NMO type one on my Elantra GT HatchBack with a Yaesu FT-7800R. For the small size, this antenna works like a Giant. Really nice.

K5DRH Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2009 18:13 Send this review to a friend
Well Built  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like everyone else I like this antenna! For me it was a compromise: short enough to clear the parking garage at work and my garage door at home. Very pleased with its performance and sturdiness. Happy to have purchased and will recommend to anyone wanting an antenna in this length range.

W9GSD Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 18:14 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT SIZE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
FOR 29 INCHES TALL, IT WORKS AS WELL AS ANY ANTENNA I EVER OWNED. lIVING IN MILWAUKEE, WE HAVE UHF AND VHF REPEATERS EVERYWHERE. I HIT THEM ALL WITH NO FLUTTER AND ALSO A SOLID RECEIVE SIGNAL.
I ALSO HAVE THE SBB5NMO, AND THERE IS LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TEN INCHES DIFFERENCE IN HEIGHT.
WANT A GREAT DUAL BAND ANTENNA? THIS IS IT!

N9OVE Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2007 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried several antenna configurations for My FT-8800 on my SUV. I used a duplexer and a Larson 150 for VHF and a Larson 450 for UHF, I tried a Radio Shack "On-Glass" mount dual band antenna,the last antenna was a Comet 12" Dual Band antenna, on a NMO mount in the center of the roof. The Maldol EX-107 mounted MNO in the center of the roof is the best performer and the least obtrusive of all of the combinations. I would recomend it to anyone. As with any Antenna, the mount is 1/2 the battle.

N8LTD Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2007 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Works out great on roof mount.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the EX-107b NMO that looks different than the picture shows. It's a single piece construction with an open coil in the middle. I drilled a 3/4" hole in the roof of my car and put an NMO mount. A higher gain antenna would have been nice, but the roof is made of very thin metal, so I didn't want an antenna that was too tall or too stiff. When it hits trees in the neighborhood, it flexes enough to avoid damage to the antenna or roof. And it performs well also. I have a 5 watt HT and have no problem using the local repeaters. What else can I say?-well done Maldol.

FORMER_KY8T Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2007 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna for Offraoding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the Maldol EX-107 on my 1997 Jeep Wrangler mounted on the driver's side on an edge of the hood (modified CB mount). I use my Jeep mainly off-road, and the antenna has worked well for that application. I frequently encounter overhanging limbs and brush, and the antenna has survived all hazards.

W5GSR Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2006 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna on the roof of my 2002 Toyota Tundra and it works great on vhf and uhf.I like this antenna due to it's only 29" tall.

KX5F Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2005 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Works great for its size  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got one at the Dallas Hamvention, wanted one that would work on a Comet 730 mount and was small enough so I could drive into the garage without it hitting the door, So far it works great, put the MFJ-259 on it and tuned at 1.2swr at 146.00mhz what else could I ask for, hi, 73s Pat kx5f

VE3UFI Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2005 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Great little atenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the same antenna with the centre coil. It's worked perfectly for its size. It's also taken a lot of abuse in unground parking lots etc when I've forgotten to remove or tilt it first. I'm using it with a mag mount because I rent a lot of different cars and it easy to relocate.

although you lose out on some gain,its a great solution over a taller antennas