Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTBasicMMO Help

Reviews Summary for FTBasicMMO
FTBasicMMO Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $15
Description: FTBasicMMO is a memory management program for the Yaesu FT817/ND, FT847, FT857/D and FT897/D.
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/mmohelp/mmohelp.htm

You can write your own review of the FTBasicMMO.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2013 07:55 Send this review to a friend
A great bargain  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use FTBasic MMO to program my 817 and 857 memory. I cannot add anything else to all the good things already said. This is quality software that, as we used to say, "runs like a hose." Bob has made the painstaking process of programming hundreds of memory locations easy as pie. I now clone the lists between rigs using Bob's software for each one. Absolutely foolproof.

I have Bob's programs running on everything from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7 Pro and not a hiccup one.

I highly recommend anything with the G4HFQ label. First class programs and even better personal service. Thanks Bob for your great products and incredible personal service.

Look no further.

M6TVI Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2013 06:33 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SOFTWARE + SUPPORT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
had my FT 857 and i was having a nightmare trying to figure out the menus to program.
brought the software and a "cheap" lead from ebay.
only to find the lead was rubbish.
after many emails and a nice chat to bob on the phone be sent me a lead and said if it work pay me...how many people would do that in this day and age?
lead arrived and the software worked like a dream.
i paid the man and i am very happy with his software.
this is a must if you like me are confussed by the menus on the radio
thanks bob for this software and support
Liam
M6TVI

KA6GEM Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2012 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Great program, Super value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed FTBasicMMO to update the 60 Meter frequency change (channel 3 is now 5.358.5MHz) on my Yaesu FT-897D, FT-857D and FT-817D. My version "2" of the grumpy Yaesu approved software was no longer supported and thus I was facing a $50 charge for the new FT-897F/FT-857D program and USB cable and another $50 for the FT-817D.

FTBasicMMO not only saved me $85, but, in my opinion, proved to be a superior program and it works for all three radios.

I'm running Windows 7 and using a Yaesu cable with a Radio Shack USB-to-Serial Converter cable. FTBasicMMO includes a serial port utility that eliminates the usual port selection headache.

Installation was easy and the set-up covers all versions of the FT-897, FT-857 and FT-817. Just be certain that you select the correct model from these choices and be sure to read the very detailed instructions on the web site.

"Reading" from the radio is step 1. The program must do this handshake with the radio before going any further.

Editing the spreadsheet is easy and there are many navigating options that make the process quick, simple and even a pleasure. Writing back to the radio is likewise very easy.

I had one occasion to email a question to the author, Bob Freeth, G4HFQ. He replied promptly with a genuine interest in ensuring that everything was A-OK on my end.

FTBasicMMO is easy to use, very reliable and it has the look and feel of a very professional program. I highly recommend it.

Regards,

Paul B-G, KA6GEM
Piedmont, CA USA

VE2PDT Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2011 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought based on recommendations read here - I was not disappointed! Great way to manage the memories on the Ft-897D I got recently. I made a CSV file of repeaters in my area, and within minutes I had them on the radio.

Sure, you can program memories without it, but now I can keep a backup in case I need to reset the radio. Great value for the money

ZS1SA Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2011 05:09 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu should hire Bob  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have struggled trying to program my FT-60 handheld and FT-857 for the past 2 years. I obtained both radios at the same time and if I knew how difficult they were to program, I would never had gone the Yaesu route. I was on the verge of selling them unitl I heard about Bobs software. I purchased the software from Bob for each radio and now they are a pleasure to operate. Yaesu should pay Bob for making their mini radios usable.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2011 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot add much to what has already been said.

If you have one of the supported radios, BUY IT! You will be pleased.
73 Pete

W7WIK Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2011 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well worth the $15. It enables me to make much better use of my FT-857D. Programming memories is always such a pain doing it through the radio. This software makes it painless. I enter everything into the spreadsheet format at my leisure and load it into the radio via "Clone" mode and it's done. Nice.

Because it worked so well it influenced my decision to purchase a 2M mobile rig that's supported by his software (FT-1900R).

Highly recommended.

73, AA5ET

KA0ZIS Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2011 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got an FT-857, ordered this software and within minutes I had a ton of freq's programmed into the rig. Bob was great about returning my emails and answered my questions very quickly. Would highly recommend this program for the FT-857. A+

KD8GTP Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2010 10:09 Send this review to a friend
If you own a 897 you need this!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you own the 897 you need this. It makes adding frequencies a breeze! Very easy to use and works well. For 15$ it saves me a lot of headaches and button pushing when entering/removing memory channels. Great program

N8MRC Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2010 13:29 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
That's about all I can say. Saved me hours of programing only took about 20 mins and I got over 120 frequency's programed in...Well worth the $15..