Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTBasicMMO Help

Reviews Summary for FTBasicMMO
FTBasicMMO Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $15
Description: FTBasicMMO is a memory management program for the Yaesu FT817/ND, FT847, FT857/D and FT897/D.
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/mmohelp/mmohelp.htm

You can write your own review of the FTBasicMMO.

KF4HR Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2007 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased FTBasicMMO to program my FT-817ND. As far as programming software goes, you can't do any better! Flawless, easy to use softare, and excellent product support. Bob Freeth (G4HFQ) was quick to answer questions I had about the his software and even helped me figure out an operational issue I was having with my new radio (I'll have to learn to read these manuals one day! hi). Thanks Bob!

N0NV Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2006 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Unbeatable Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
It would certainly be tedious tending to the memories in my FT-817 and FT-857 without the use of FTBasicMMO memory management software. I have been using it for almost two years withoug a glitch. Bob Freeth's (G4HFQ) update notifications and unbeatable support via Yahoo Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ftbasic) give the software excellent value. Also, a good programming cable can be obtained from rtsystemsinc.com if you don't want to prepare one yourself.

Jack - N0NV

K5BXV Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2006 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Money well spent  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the only way to go putting in memories.
If I get another radio and Bob makes software for it I will buy it. If you need help you get a quick courteous response from a real person, not a cut and paste "try this" answer. AOK in my book.

AB4BC Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2006 05:26 Send this review to a friend
Awesome buy! Great software!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the CAT cable for my FT-857D and went searching for memory management software and ran across 3 types on the internet. Tried the demo for all 3 and fell in love with FTBasicMMO. Purchased the license for $18.50 and it works flawlessly. No program crash or malfunction. The layout is simple and direct and programming/reading/writing is a snap. I highly recommend!

KE7MU Rating: 3/5 Feb 14, 2006 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Problematic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was only evaluating the demo and had serious problems.
1. If it is there, I didn't find the warning that you can not read or write to the radio without registration, so I wasted an entire evening editing 200 memory locations.
2. After 1/2 the evening editing 200 memory locations, I tried to save the edited CSV file only to have the program crash because I wanted to use the same file name.
3. I wasn't successful at recognizing the VX5 memory file at all, nore other 857/897 csv files.
4. The memory editing feature is very time consuming and and default to unusual values.
5. The memory editing feature rejects entry of frequencies that are within the range of the radio.
6. The software crashed 3 times during my evaluation. I just can't say this software is good, I used lot's of software that is much more robust.
7. When you waste many hours with poorly functioning software it is no longer about the low cost, it's about frustration, annoiance and downright anger with it crashes.

I am rating it just an OK as I am really trying to be objective. I will not even spend $15 on this software. It is just as easy to enter the freq's manually into the radio.

M1IOS Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2006 03:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software and great support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use FTBasicMM0 with my FT857D portable rig. This memory management program works flawlessly and I have no hesitation in wholeheartedly recommending it. I also use Bob's FTBasic Control Program (which covers a wide range of Yaesu Transceivers) for my FT920AFC and FT857D - this also works very well and is well worth investigating.

N5YPG Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2005 15:16 Send this review to a friend
"Gotta have it" memory management  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Programming my FT-857D seemed like an exercise in frustration. Read the reviews here, spent a few dollars on this program. Makes programming all those memories quick and painless! Great piece of work, should be on your short list of "must haves."

GM7USC Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2005 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Does exactly what it says  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellant piece of software, Manages all the 8 series radios from Yaesu.
Easy to use.I've never needed to use the authors support but from what i've seen on the list any problems/addition features neede responded to very quickly.
Between this and HRD why spend more on software when it's not necessary !

Gary G(M)7USC

KG7DX Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2005 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Not even a second thought  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've paid the long buck for the RT systems software for the 897, etc... this one handles almost ALL the current HF Yaesu rigs, and updates are FREE. It's cheap, dependable, and a great price. I've used it on the 897D, 857D and now on the 847 (love that 847!) It's easy, and it WORKS !!!! 59+ software.... de KK8ZZ

K7SBK Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2005 15:26 Send this review to a friend
Nice Utilitarian Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used this program for a couple of months now and consider it one of the best software purchases I've made in quite a while. It works well, providing an easy solution to entering memory data into my FT857D. Support is excellent, as are communications before and after the purchase.
The FTBCAT program by the same author available on the same site works very well also and it's cost is even more reasonable (free).