Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT1KBAL Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT1KBAL
Palstar AT1KBAL Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $695.00
Description: The American made AT1KBAL is a dual-roller balanced L antenna tuner that fills the void for a matching network under 1500 watts pep for balanced line antennas. For ease of use the AT1KBAL utilizes only 2 controls to operate for tuning with two direct-coupled precision ceramic roller inductors. As on all Palstar tuners the front panel and top cover are powdercoated
More info: http://www.palstar.com

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT1KBAL.

PE1RTC Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2004 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Great balanced tuner!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great tuner. Very solid built with superb quality of materials. Ok, here in Europe it cost's a little money, but in my opinion you can use it for life. In a few months I'm going to a new house with large garden and I will use the tuner with a 135 feet dipole. (or 110 or 150, as many as possible, that's so beautiful about a balanced wire antenna system. Hang out as much wire as you can, make a ladder line with tie raps, plexiglass or whatever you can find and with the balanced tuner you can tune every band you like. For a good efficiency don't use a dipole shorter than 70% of a quarter of the lowest wavelength).
Now I worked China on 14.200 with a 50 feet dipole 15 feet high.
Thanks, Rosenberg Germany for the fast delivery by UPS to Holland. In the near future I want to make the meter a true pep reading one. I asked Palstar USA for a schematic and I got it in a week with 2 difficult to find ic's. That's service!

GI4SJQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2004 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Great A++ Baluanced ATU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first commercial ATU in a long time. Got this as I had put up a 80m doublet with 40ft of 450ohm slotted ribbon feeder.

This balanced output ATU is just new on the market and it rigionaly had a 400pf capaictor and a 3 position switched capacitors to bring the value up to 1200pf. They have done away with the switch and fixed capacitors and changed the 400pf to a massive 1200pf unit.

Construction is superb. Very solid both inside and out and will take a lot more power that we will ever have here in the UK. It has two roller coasters and a 1200pf capacitor with a balun on the input/rig side. This ATU is 100% resettable which makes band changing very easy once a few band settings have been noted. The hash on LF is now much lower and signals seem much stronger that before when using a balun and transmatch.

Only thing I can grumble about and its very minor is that the power meter reads 300/3000 watts. Would have been nice to have had 100 or 150 watt scale for us 100w people in the UK.

This is one item I will not be parting with.