Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch
Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Two position with grounding antenna switch.

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch.

W6LAX Rating: 1/5 Feb 15, 2014 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Relocated to Trash Bin  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't like writing a negative review, but I've been through two of these switches in the past ten months. In both cases the SWR inexplicably started jumping all over the place as I transmitted. The first unit was replaced by Alpha Delta with the suggestion that I may have over-tightened the coax to it (I don't think I did). Now the replacement unit has failed as well and so has been relocated to the trash bin.

W0CZE Rating: 2/5 Feb 14, 2014 14:50 Send this review to a friend
CENTER CONTACT ON ONE CONTACT NOT SOLDERED!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE HAD THIS SWITCH FOR THREE YEARS. I HAVE BEEN CHASING INTERMITTENT FOR THAT LONG! REPLACED ALL COAX FITTINGS AND FIGURED MY IC 7800 HAD A PROBLEM . FOUND IT TODAY. PICTURES ON REQUEST .

VK2HLG Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2012 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Good -- but not all-weather  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I made the assumption that I could put this device at the bottom of my two antennas, and that it was all right for exposure to the weather. It's not. Mine collected water, causing SWR spikes and eventual rusting of part of the switch. I will be able to clean and repair it, but be aware that this is not for unprotected outdoor installation.

Alpha-Delta does not say that it IS suitable for use that way, but they don't explicitly say that it ISN'T. So, my fault, but their documentation could be more clear about this.

KE4SWC Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2012 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Consistent AD quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought off qrz.com's swap meet board. I use it to switch an off-center fed dipole between an Icom 746pro and a Drake R8.

The arc plug blew during a storm - I didn't have my gear unhooked!! Everything was unharmed.

I love the solid clunk when switching positions. Another well made AD product.

K9BAG Rating: 4/5 Apr 9, 2009 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Well Made A-B Sw  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to switch the xcvr between Ant and dummy load. Got one used off eBay. I removed the back cover to inspect the works. Well made with silver strips and contact wiper. Interesting how actuating the switch with cam-like roller arm raising the contact and makes the change. I'm happy.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2008 12:27 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD! }:>)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using my 2 position now for over a year.I bought from a local ham who used it for about 10 years at legal limit & I just ordered a NEW 4 position which will be here Monday 5-05-08. Looking forward to putting it to work & will now have enough positions for both HF antennas,the 6 meter antenna & the dummy load on ONE antenna SWITCH .}:>) Thanks Alpha Delta for a GREAT product.

Clayton
W4KVW

KR4JA Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2007 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using it for 12+ yrs, legal limit on low bands, 500W above 20M and I've never had a problem. It works as designed, I lost the "arc gap plug" due to a near-by lightning induced static or voltage discharge (I have the switch connected to a single point ground plate via a 1" tinned braided ground strap). I replaced the plug, and all was fine!.

K5VY Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2007 12:28 Send this review to a friend
GOOD SWITCH  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using four of these switches to go from one rig to another and to switch antennas from one part of my home to another. They all have the arc protection gadget. No problems. I work 160-6 meters with them. SWR's running 1.2:1 up to 3.2:1... I DON'T switch them under a load!! I use antenna tuners 100% of the time. I've yet to have one of these switches arc over. I run 1KW+ some of the time... I'll buy 'em again without hesitation.

VE6XL Rating: 4/5 Apr 16, 2006 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Works Well on VHF/UHF  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the Delta-2 with Type-N connectors. The switch has worked well for over one year.

I use the switch on 2m and 70cm bands. The SWR and signal are unaffected.

I would never rely on an antenna switch to provide any lightning protection so the arc plug does not matter to me.

VE6XL
www.ve6xl.ca

K0SF Rating: 1/5 Aug 27, 2005 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Bad Design: Can't Handle 1 KW on 10 & 15m  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is second AD antenna switch I've owned that has blown. The problem with the gas plug is that it will arc over on 15 and 10 meters running a kilowatt, even with low SWR (1.4:1) in my case. When the plug arcs, it takes other things with it. Fortunately, my amplifier is OK, but it did melt a 9914 coaxial jumper coming from the switch, and of course the gas plug internally. My amplifier: A QRO HF2500DX, which I guess says good things about it, it can handle the near dead short scenario briefly.

Someone claimed these are guaranteed for life ? Huh ? I don't think so ! Go to the website; the warranty is for 6 months only.

Buy another antenna switch. Look at WX0B's stuff which friends of mine claim are indestructible.

I'm not usually critical, but I am not happy that both of the AD switches have blown. Sorry, that qualifies as "junk" in my book.